Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:36:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 65
Total: 65

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just learned that my boyfriend has Hepatitis C  (Read 54172 times)

Offline FluffyDiva30

Just learned that my boyfriend has Hepatitis C
« on: March 19, 2014, 04:51:38 pm »
I am sorry I am new also not sure how to post just yet. I just learned that my boyfriend has Hepatitis C, a few hours ago. I'm not sure if I have it but I will be tested in a few days. Right now I am unsure of anything I don't know what to do, whether to be worried, or upset with him or myself. I am honestly not mad at him, because I knew what he was doing and I made the decision to stay in the relationship. I don't know too much about hepatitis but I have been reading up on it since he told me. any help or advice that anyone has I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks ...Tannie

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: Just learned that my boyfriend has Hepatitis C
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 05:15:16 pm »
Your reaction is natural. I would start with getting a test - no sense worrying about it, or diving in until you know if you have it. If you only risk factor is your sexual relationship, then your chances of having hep C are very low. Check back after you get test results and in the meantime, take good care of yourself.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline iana5252

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 05:24:42 pm »
Welcome to the Forums, Tannie. Sorry to hear about your boyfriend.

You've taken a fantastic first step by researching more information and joining these Forums.

Lucinda's advice is excellent and if you do want to learn more in the meantime, I suggest starting with our Hepatitis C Lesson.

Hepatitis C Introduction
http://www.hepmag.com/articles/2619_18763.shtml

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
  • Contracted Hep C in 76, treated 2004 & 2012, cured
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 07:47:34 pm »
Tannie,

I had Hep C for the 1st 26 years of my marriage, and my wife never contracted it.  You have more risk if you share razors or something.  It is good to get tested, and he has lots of opportunity to get cured now, unlike a few years' ago.  However, if he is still engaged in the activity that he contracted Hep C in the 1st place, you have a whole different set of problems that are critical to be solved.  I hope not for both your sake. 
Best wishes,
jack

Offline jess1323

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 01:41:44 am »
hey girl i just learn i have hepc and my husband got tested and he does not my dr told me that it is common for one and not the other that lot of cuples do just the dont talk about it so all u can do is pray u dont and listen to his cause it scary hope u the best u will have a friend in me i fell like we can relate

Offline hepccheerleader

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 10:00:22 am »
Hey Fluffy Diva, you should get tested to error on the side of caution.  you need to to to a hepatologist and get a HCV/RNA test to positively identify the hep c virus if it is present.  I had hep c from blood transfusion 52 years ago and have done treatment 10 years ago and am now virus free.  My son contracted it while i was pregnant with him and i never knew it.  the virus showed up when he was in his twenties and he did treatment as well and now is also virus free.  Anyone between the ages of 40-65 should be tested anyways, because lots of people have this and do not even know it.  Some doctors are now asking their patients to take the test to eliminate the possibility of hep c as i.v. drug users, blood transfusions are at the top of the list for possibilities.  The sexual transmission is nearly impossible, but since it is a blood borne disease you are never really sure.  So get the test and meanwhile try to put your mind at ease, even if you do have it the treatment is short and almost side effect free.  Good luck to you and I will pray for good results.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.