Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:03:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 53
Total: 53

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Test results back soon  (Read 8932 times)

Offline nat

Test results back soon
« on: April 10, 2014, 10:13:49 am »
My mum was recently diagnosed with hep C that she has apparently had since before I was born so there is a chance I have it. I have had blood tests and am waiting for results at the moment. I am absolutely terrified for myself, and my mum. Please can someone help?

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
  • Contracted Hep C in 76, treated 2004 & 2012, cured
Re: Test results back soon
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 10:34:42 am »
Nat,

You likely don't have it, but keep breathing and see what your blood test says...

As far as your mom, the very next thing she needs to know is a viral count, as she might have cleared the virus on her own and just have anti-bodies, then if she does have active virus, what genotype is it, & how progressed is the liver damage.... then, with that info, you can decide next steps.

Hope this helps,
jack

Offline nat

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 10:39:30 am »
I have  15 minutes until I find out. I'm so worried.  So because her blood tests were positive for antibodies that doesn't mean she has hep c for definite? If she had the antibodies now and they think she contracted it before i was born does that not mean she has it for sure?
Thanks,
Nat

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 10:45:49 am »
Well, good luck!  Yes, some 12-15% of people clear Hep C after infection on their own, and women are about 2 times more likely to clear than men...  so, maybe a 20ish% chance that she cleared the disease on her own (fuzzy math!) - jack

Offline nat

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 10:48:26 am »
Thanks!  Could my mum have cleared it after all this time? I'm 18. I really hope she's okay.

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 11:06:28 am »
yes, it is possible, though not probable, she cleared the virus, but if so, she would have cleared it within months of contracting the virus... let us know....  -jack

Offline nat

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 11:15:41 am »
Thanks, turns out I'm okay, I'm all clear. But still waiting to hear back about my younger sisters now

Offline jess1323

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 12:35:20 pm »
i just found out myself i have hep c i will pray that yours sister does not and that your mom will get crued  just take a deep breath     hope everything is ok     jess

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.