Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:49:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 129
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 92
Total: 92

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 106 days post treatment undetectable  (Read 13866 times)

Offline roxy209

106 days post treatment undetectable
« on: July 11, 2014, 02:34:00 am »
I was doing the peg and riba dual therapy for 6 months. Finished on March 21, 2014.  I had lab done on 3/25/2014 results undetectable.   Lab was done 7/3/2014 and results are undetectable.  I have one more lab due on 9/17/14 which will be the six months after treatment.  I dont know what to think.  I sometimes feel confused and not sure if I am disease free. 

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: 106 days post treatment undetectable
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 02:05:56 pm »
Congratulations! This is fantastic news. You said, "I don't know what to think." This is normal. After living with hep C for so long, it can be hard to believe it is really gone, especially with the week 24 lab ahead. However, the fact that you got this far means that you are 98% likely to remain this way.

I've been told by many that it takes a few viral loads before really believing that hep C is gone for good. I thought I accepted the certainty of my week 24 labs, but now that I am coming up on my 1 year follow-up labs, I found a tiny seed of wonder in the back of my mind - enough to lead me to blog on this. http://blogs.hepmag.com/lucindakporter/2014/07/hepatitis_c_treatmen_2.html

I have noticed that my confusion increases when I think I am symptomatic. However, my so-called symptoms are usually life-style related (not enough sleep, eating poorly, etc)  When I straighten those things out, I feel better.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline roxy209

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 08:19:40 pm »
Thank You for your response.  I feel much better, waiting for the 24 week lab and then the 1 year.  Thank you so much Lucinda Porter. 

Roxanne

Offline Shirleyb

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 10:23:28 am »
I keep seeing MELD, I'm not sure what that is but I am writing it down to talk to my liver dr., it sounds like that is a list I should be on. My doctor only told me not to worry that when my liver failed I would go to the top of the list. I am considered "high risk " for any surgery that is why I couldn't have my gallbladder removed when it need to be. A friend of mine had the same problem I had and the dr removed his gallbladder and he was dead 2 days later. The same ER dr wanted to remove mine, but my liver dr had told me about being high risk so I told ER dr. ER dr said," good thing you told me you were high risk , I would have killed you". I was then transported to Emory where all my drs are. Anyway, thanks for being here, I am so glad to finally not feel like the only one anymore !

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 01:46:25 pm »
MELD is a scoring system used for patients on the transplant list. The higher the score, the higher you are on the list. So, if you aren't on the list, then MELD is something that doesn't apply.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline Shirleyb

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 02:56:16 pm »
Well I should be on the list with stage 4 cirrhosis and a pruned gallbladder.

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 03:17:54 pm »
GOOD FOR YOU ROXY!  DONT OVERTHINK THIS ONE CAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR REALLY ON THE RIGHT PATH THIS TIME. GIVES ME MUCH HOPE!  HANG IN THERE,  WILLIE G  GENO 1  12000000,  7.1 IU ETC.   DAY 11  WILLIE G

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 11:20:00 am »
Shirley - Has your doc referred you? Certainly sounds like you at least should be evaluated!
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline Shirleyb

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 11:34:02 am »
Not yet, but I go back August 8 and I am definitely bringing it up. I don't want to have to wait until my liver fails if I don't have to. I am not sure but it seems I would have better odds if I were hep c free and semi healthy rather than the alternative.

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 11:39:32 am »
Ah, sadly, you probably will have to wait until your liver fails. There are so few donated organs, that only the sickest of the sick get them. But being hep C free will help a lot - it often stops the steady downhill fall. In the meantime, be sure your doc has set you up for regular liver cancer screening.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline Shirleyb

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 06:19:15 pm »
Thanks, I will talk to my dr. She mentioned something about my cirrhosis and liver cancer but didn't say any more. I am grateful for the s/o combo and almost the 6 month undetected since first pills. I feel better than I remember ever feeling and I suppose I am to eager for something I may not need for a while. I am going to start reading all I can find on where I am now and what is in store!

Offline roxy209

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 06:23:14 pm »
 :) Thank You Willie
GOOD FOR YOU ROXY!  DONT OVERTHINK THIS ONE CAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR REALLY ON THE RIGHT PATH THIS TIME. GIVES ME MUCH HOPE!  HANG IN THERE,  WILLIE G  GENO 1  12000000,  7.1 IU ETC.   DAY 11  WILLIE G

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.