Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:54:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 102
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 78
Total: 78

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: lingering effects  (Read 6650 times)

Offline mrkim

lingering effects
« on: September 01, 2014, 06:21:17 pm »
Hi, Mr. Kim here.
Well I only have a few days of meds left. I think I read somewhere that just because you are done with your meds that does not mean that you are done with the side effects. I also seem to recall that it was said that it can take many months to clear out your system before the side effects fade away. Can anyone inject any of your own experience to these thoughts.
Thanks Kim.

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
  • Contracted Hep C in 76, treated 2004 & 2012, cured
Re: lingering effects
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 08:25:05 pm »
Congrats on almost being finished, and hopefully in 3 months being cured for good. 

On side effects, as you can see over and over again in this wonderful forum, they vary widely by the individual and the cocktail medicine mix you happen to be on. 

As for me, I felt better days later, started getting my strength back and felt 100% within 4-6 weeks.  It might have been my elation of being finished however, but whatever side-effects I had seemed to dissipate fairly fast.

Please record your own experiences over the next weeks here for other members to follow.  That would be very helpful.

Congrats again,
jack

Offline Pelham123

• Genotype 2 - Tx Sovaldi/Riba
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 09:52:10 pm »
Mr. Kim, I asked my Gastroenterologist how long after I stop taking Ribavirin/Sovaldi will it remain in my system.  (I want to get a shingles shot, and Ribavirin may attack the serum.)   He said the meds will totally clear my system in 120 days.  But, he said, people normally recover from anemia in 4 weeks, and feel better after 6 weeks. 

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 03:33:18 am »
good question, i was wondering about the photosensitvy from oylisio after your done. these drugs are all so new that like the moderator said feed back from evryone[not exactly what she said but i added more] would be so HELPFUL during and after treatment. my own dr. is curious because the other day, week , whatever, [keeping time straight sometimes stinks, i guess thats why i was always late for work haha] he instructed me i was the first to start solv. and oylisio in his office  ny state. all i know is i am going to drink alot just as i am now to flush it out of my system as quick as possible. i love the sun so each day ill be peeking around the corner minutes at a time to see what happens lol from nightstalker back to sunstalker ha ha  b
honk honk keep on truckin.  willie g

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.