Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:15:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 140
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 125
Total: 125

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: S/O side effects  (Read 8504 times)

Offline hopefulAries

S/O side effects
« on: September 25, 2014, 09:09:48 pm »
I have been breaking out with little small blisters on the palm and back of my hands. Is that the rash that they warn are the side effects?
 I have 1 more week of treatment. I was undetectable 2 weeks into treatment. Praying I stay that way.

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: S/O side effects
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 06:37:30 pm »
Probably - it should go away in a few weeks since you are nearly done, but it may need a little help with hydrocortisone. Congrats on making it through treatment.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 11:27:54 pm »
GREAT JOB HOPEFUL, THATS WIERD CAUSE IM NOW DOWN TO 7 days and just today my hands started itching again and i ha e a few blister bumps on my back, tingling too but i enjoy that,kinda like a tens unit lol. Hangin around but soon Beep Beep, get your motor runin, RUNIN DOWN THE HIGHWAY,,,BOORRN TO BE WIIILD. "Just " Willie g

Offline sunrise

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 04:37:05 pm »
Hi everyone. I took my 1st dose of S/O Monday at 6pm. Today Wednesday i have a pain on my right rear side. Alittle concerned. Kind of a pulling feeling any thoughts ?

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 04:48:21 pm »
Probably unrelated, and something like a strained muscle. I encourage people to have an open mind about assuming something is related to the meds, because although it makes sense to connect them, it isn't necessarily a good idea.

My story about side effects: I've been working in the hep C field since 1997. In 2003, I started my 2nd hep C treatment, using ribavirin for the first time. I got a bad rash on my hands, and because I was a hot shot Stanford nurse with gobs of experience working with hep C patients, I assumed it was from the ribavirin. I complained about the riba-rash for a week. Finally a colleague saw the rash and pointed out that I had poison oak. I had been hiking the day after I started treatment, and cleaned burs off my dog, thus the poison oak exposure.

Lesson #1 - Other medical problems occur during hep C treatment, and they may be unrelated
Lesson #2 - I am not a hot shot nurse, especially when I think I am.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline sunrise

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 04:57:35 pm »
Thanks Lucinda
               Hope tbis note finds you well. Again you are calming my fears. Yeah I was at work and it started but passed. Maybe I waz getting too excited :-D we were talking  about the crazy stuff going on, which I know I shouldn't do. Beheadings isnt a good subject yikez! Gonna really focus on the positive! Stay well

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 05:03:19 pm »
I'm with you on that one! How about requesting a "beheading news-free zone"? I didn't watch any news or go to "downer" movies during my treatment. Now that I am hep C free, I continue this practice on weekends. It's great!
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline sunrise

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 05:17:10 pm »
 ::) sounds like the plan! I am resting and will just watch the light shows and the feel good shows. Looks like the hallmark channel is in order.  Thanks Lucinda... talk with you soon probably:-)

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.