Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:50:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 87
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 87
Total: 87

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Wash clothes with hepatitis c  (Read 12255 times)

Offline diannastarr

Wash clothes with hepatitis c
« on: October 22, 2014, 08:50:35 pm »
CNN's Anderson Cooper calls out Pat Robertson on his recent claim about how one could get AIDS from towels in Kenya. In the piece Anderson also mentions not to get him started on the "wash clothes with hepatitis c." I think it's great that he is trying to help break down the stigma around Hep C at that same time he tears down Robertson on his HIV ridiculousness.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/showbiz/2014/10/22/ac-ridiculist-pat-robertson-aids-comment.cnn.html

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: Wash clothes with hepatitis c
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 11:49:20 am »
I loved this - I didn't know Anderson Cooper had that much moxie. Loved the chlamydia on the bath mat remark.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
Re: Wash clothes with hepatitis c
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 08:22:07 pm »
ANDERSONS A TRIP lol  ,,,you don't want to get him going as far as AIDS goes,,his friends were probably laughing their butts off and watch those BLUE EYES ,,they'll get you everytime,  lol  as far as PAT goes that is why religion has hit the all time shitter,,, just remember WWJD,  he held the lepers,  he hung around the poor, the needy, the less fortunate, etc. etc.  ya, what would he do? he would tell ROBERTSON to stop trying to be his messenger because of trying to stop evil,, he is instead promoting it.  when I was a young boy I was always sent for the summer to a Methodist summer camp. my 3rd summer there I was raped by a minister,, and to this day my mother says get over it, that was back in the 60's, my grandma bless her soul more a less raised me, she was in the SALVATION ARMY,, and I would peak in her room and she had real bad knees but every morning she was on them and everynight thanking GOD, and just talking to him,, she taught me so many simple beautiful things in life and I never really realized it till years later,, I remember riding with the boys getting high etc. and I would bring up GOD and my fellow riders would say ''GATOR[ROUGH CUT GATOR IS MY NICKNAME] WOULD YOU STOP WITH THAT GOD SHIT!!! lol  sometimes when we were tripping on acid I would be comingdown to the point where you could TALK[not just sit there flying thru space] and somehow id bring it up again lol  most people have a wonderful spirit and for 9 months we are protected and perfect,[those are called the morning hours] then we are born and egos and falsehoods start creeping in[ that is called the SHIFT] then the afternoon hours of our lives come and its all about STUFF, JOBS,not doing or being who we really want to be. now then the evening hours of our life come and we either make THE SHIFT[no ego, giving, caring, etc.] or we just go on looking less in the mirror.and stop searching and learning,, the grease leaves the turning wheels and then we just LOCK UP...   BUT,,,,, there is something that we will always have,, its called a GIFT,its always been there but when the gears get stuck we now see we really do have a choice in life,,, do we go and get some grease and make the SHIFT we have always wanted or do we stay stuck.. do you know what the most important moment is in your life is?  NOW  my friends NOW   ''just'' Willie g

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.