Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:10:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 49
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 43
Total: 43

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Side Effects on Harvoni  (Read 18522 times)

Offline Pamoff

Side Effects on Harvoni
« on: November 23, 2014, 11:40:23 pm »
I'm currently on day 14 of Harvoni and am having some fairly serious bouts of oral ulcers……anyone else experiencing this?  If not perhaps its strep  and hopefully it is, they'd have to pry it out of my cold hands to get it back after having to fight for it ulcers and all……………..

Offline JillLynn

• contracted 1973/ peg/rib 1999 & 2004/on harvoni
Re: Side Effects on Harvoni
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 10:01:20 am »
Pamoff.     I have not heard of oral ulcers from Harvoni.      I sure hope they go away soon....and yes! hang on tight to that harvoni!!

good luck.   keep us posted.  Jill

Offline Pamoff

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 11:08:54 am »
thanks Jill, I have radiation enteritis from old radiation for CA in the 1990's so perhaps the gastric issues are a little more sensitive which I certainly will handle to get this done, glad a whole lot of people are not affirming this is a normal side effect.  So far nothing else but a little tiredness. 

Offline rainydays rainbows

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 08:00:14 am »
Hi,   I thought it was just me but also at about 2 weeks on Harvoni had some oral ulcers. 
Went to urgent care and had to get antibiotic (very painful).  I thought this was happening to me due to the bad need for dental care.   Thanks for posting I hope this is helpful to you.  The antibiotic seems to help me. Take care, stay strong, keep positive   K

Offline daleb0411

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 10:54:26 am »
5 weeks on harvoni,have upset stomach now and then
thats about it.doc called today said hepc undetectable..
keep takiing it .works fast and well.have to finish my last 3 weeks
but things are looking really good..after 10yrs great day today!!!

Offline ggw

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 04:38:00 pm »
Pamoff, I developed severe mouth ulcers last Tuesday which was day 21 of my Harvoni treatment.  My doctor suggested L-Lysine which is an amino acid.  Ulcers are all gone now.

Offline UndetectableC

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 04:50:48 pm »
I'm currently on day 14 of Harvoni and am having some fairly serious bouts of oral ulcers……anyone else experiencing this?  If not perhaps its strep  and hopefully it is, they'd have to pry it out of my cold hands to get it back after having to fight for it ulcers and all……………..

I have had a couple minor mouth sores the first few weeks. I started using some mouthwash for dry mouth before bed and that seemed to help.  I had a bunch of dental work done in preparation for treatment, so I just figured the sores were related to that.  I also had 2 boils at the same time. They've all cleared up now. I'm in week 5. I'm feeling much better as the days fly by.
Hope you got that resolved!

Offline emmett

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 06:16:22 pm »

This brought a smile to my face, sorry to hear about the ulcers but they'd have to pry it out of my cold hands as well. Hey, when the alternative is death or going back on peg/inter I'd rather live with some not so pleasant side effects for 12 weeks. Hope your side effects clear, I'm having a few myself after 1 week on Harvoni but grateful for this wonderful chance to arrest this virus and put it out of its miserable self.

Offline lybaro

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 01:48:59 pm »
Hi just read your post on mouth ulcers and i too am having problems with this....i am on week 7 and so far tjhis and indigestion are the major issue....some fatifue ..i have had chemo..radiation ..for breast cancer....i also did the interfuron and pegusus treatment awhile back....this is very tollerable in comparison...hang in there ...God has blessed us with this tratment and I am so grateful..

Offline kate0b1

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 07:04:04 am »
@pammoff, I'm just seeing this today but I weirdly had an ulcer the first week, i never even thought about it being from the meds until now. It went away on its own and I've had no more, maybe since I've been trying to be better about drinking water (i'm really bad about this, I am a coffee girl from way back)

kate

Offline Bamagirl

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 04:14:25 pm »
Day 17 and I have developed 4 ulcers in my mouth over the past 3 days. They are very painful.

Offline Mike187

New to this not treatment
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 06:31:09 pm »
New too this I'm taking having for on week tom I hope this all works been through the ropes a few times with injection only to fell at it ..I have been hiding this hep thing for ten years from friends and loved ones only to come clean this year about that day that changed my life forever 10 years worrying about what people would think about me as there not really informed about it I have a healthy wife and 2 kids but now I'm on this meds I still fear it won't work and always feared my kids would some how get it from me ... Just new to the forum and wanted to say  hi...

Offline GLCII

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2015, 12:43:46 pm »
The only effects I've noticed so far, outside the extreme fatigue is a tender gland in the left side of my kneck along with a soar that developed over my left eye. (never had that before) Also I got a cold soar over my upper lip and right in the center of my chin. My lips have been having that deep burning feeling as if my whole lip is about to breakout in a cold soar.

I've also notced my legs & arms feel heavy at times. Not to mention my stomach has been churning & growling since day one of the TX. Regardless if I eat or not.

Pre Tx (VL 12043488) ALT 52/ AST 39
Harvoni Start Date 03/12
2 Week in Tx Results HCV RNA Detected, less than 15 IU/mL. ALT 19 / AST 19
4 Weeks in Tx Results HCV RNA Not detected. ALT 21 / AST 18
12 Week in Tx Results HCV RNA Not detected. ALT 17 / AST 19
--------------------------------------------------------------
Post 12 Week EOT Tx ALT 19/ AST 19 (Undetected)
Post 24 Week EOT Tx ALT 19/ AST 15 (Undetected)

Offline BubbaT

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2015, 01:45:32 pm »
Hey mike187,

It will work, you have been fighting this far, keep fighting bro!
many of us have been fighting for over 25 years and were still here.

A lot of success stories with the new treatments, stay positive, take one day at a time,
Learn how to eat right, it will definitely help the way you feel, I'm on week 6, have
been thru a difficult road, you can read the signature line and see my journey!

Fight on bro, you will be fine!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 01:48:07 pm by BubbaT »
Age 57 male
Infected late 70's
Diagnosed 95
1a, 2 prev biopsy 95, 2004
Ct 2007, 2015
Treatment Naive
F4 A3. Fibrosure/ CT 2-5-15. Ammonia 222
VL 2.2 mil.
Started Harvoni  3-3-15. 12weeks, finished 5-26-15
4 week VL undetected
12 week EOT undetected

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.