Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:11:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 69
Total: 69

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Going crazy over nothing? Hopefully  (Read 10092 times)

Offline anxiousasallhell

Going crazy over nothing? Hopefully
« on: March 27, 2015, 05:03:58 pm »
So, yea..to begin I've gotta say I am most definitely a hypocondriac (25 year old male). I would like to hear what you guys have to say about my risk level. I was into drugs and alcohol pretty heavily for about a year or so until recently. I have never used injection drugs, but I have shared cocaine straws a couple times. I have never used a dollar bill to snort before.

About two months ago (the last time I ever used), I went on a 3-4 day binge with alcohol, cocaine, and a few prescription drugs with a couple people I had just met. Yes, bad behavior I know but I cannot change the past. Absolutely no injection use but I MAY (cannot fully remember) have accidentally shared a straw during this time. My liver was absolutely on fire for about 4 days after this binge.

I decided it was time to make a change and haven't used or even had a drop of alcohol in 2 months. Since then things have been great, but recently I have been feeling a very slight tingling near the liver area. It comes and goes. Not very bad at all just enough to freak me out. I am a very anxious person and since then I have been looking hard for symptoms.

I went to the doc yesterday and they said I am most likely fine, and didn't recommend a blood test. I breathed a heavy sigh of relief and decided it was time to start living normally again. Although today I have been experiencing itchy skin and had a clay-colored stool  :-[. So the crazy anxiety is back. I just wanted to hear you guys' thoughts on the situation. Am I just going crazy? Give me your brutally honest answers please and thanks so much for reading!

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: Going crazy over nothing? Hopefully
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 07:14:42 pm »
Your symptoms aren't troubling me in the least, and your risk factors are not compelling, but there is a small chance there. A blood test would give you the reassurance you need.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline anxiousasallhell

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 01:35:51 am »
Thanks a bunch for the response I'm feeling a lot calmer now. Will still get the blood tests done! Thanks again!

Offline anxiousasallhell

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 01:23:33 am »
Hello again Lucinda. Sorry to constantly be harping on in this thread but I can't help it right now I'm super anxious. So over the past 3 days since I've posted I've still experienced the pain in the right abdomen and in the back up near my shoulder. it is a dull annoying pain.

I have continued to produce very light colored stools (possibly from high anxiety?) and have experienced diarrhea the past two days. No other real symptoms of note. No jaundice. My urine is clear as filtered water most of the time. I have no fatigue, in fact I work on my feet all day. The itchiness has went away.

Sorry for the troubles just really felt I had to vent somewhere. If you have the time I'd like to hear your thoughts. I will be getting tests tomorrow. Couldn't today because it's sunday. Thanks once again!

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 11:37:27 am »
Lots of things can change stool color, and when it is liver-related, the stool color is usually white or putty, and other symptoms (that you don't have) would be prominent. I assume your doc has ruled out other problems, such as gall bladder problems. Your tests will help get to the bottom of this.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline anxiousasallhell

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 01:18:40 am »
Once again appreciate the response! Thanks for taking the time.

And yes gall bladder and appendix have already been ruled out by the doc  :-)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 01:57:28 am by anxiousasallhell »

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.