Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:37:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 109
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 93
Total: 93

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Triple Antioxidant Therapy (TAT)  (Read 14718 times)

Offline Lukey

• Let Thy Food Be Thy Medicine
Triple Antioxidant Therapy (TAT)
« on: May 25, 2015, 04:06:59 pm »
I thought I'd share this with you.
According to Burt Birkson MD PhD, people could live to age 100 WITH Hep C if they use the TAT.

https://www.whitakerwellness.com/health-concerns/liver-health/alpha-lipoic-acid/
Male -  HCV since 1982 - Born 1951 ~ Geno 1a

Did 8 weeks of Harvoni in 2015. Got normal AST & ALT and undetected VL by week 5, then relapsed 4 weeks post.
-----------------------------------------------------------
July 5, 2018 : began 12 weeks of Vosevi with a VL of 540,000 and AST & ALT of 65 and 105.
2 weeks in : AST 19, ALT 20
5 weeks in : AST 18, ALT 12, VL "<15 detected"
10 weeks in : AST 19, ALT 14, VL "<15 not detected"
4 weeks post : "<15 not detected"

Offline CHepCFree

Re: Triple Antioxidant Therapy (TAT)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 11:04:31 pm »
I was on TAT for years and was healthy.   I decided to take Harvoni to rid myself of the virus.   Mistake!   I have lost 20% lung function, have tinnitus, vertigo and am still waiting to see if there is heart damage.    I should have stuck with TAT.    Dr. Berkson is amazing.   

Offline Lukey

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 09:25:19 am »
Hi,

Sorry to hear of your problems with Harvoni. I was on it for 8 weeks, was undetected at week 7 of 8, but it came back a few weeks after end of treatment.

I'm not sure if I'd treat again or not. I have more faith in alternative therapies.
The trouble with meds is, it's a crap shoot as to how they may affect you.

If I were you, I'd go back on TAT and feed your body the best foods you can. It seems to me that you'll get back to normal after a while.

Lukey

Did 8 weeks of Harvoni in 2015. Got normal AST & ALT and undetected VL by week 5, then relapsed 4 weeks post.
July 5, 2018 : began 12 weeks of Vosevi with a VL of 540,000 and AST & ALT of 65 and 105.

Offline CHepCFree

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 09:40:21 am »
I am sorry you were detected after TX.   I have heard others test several weeks out and they were then showing as cleared.  You may want to check that.    My lung damage is irreversible but I vow never to take another drug to try and cure Hep C if I relapse.    Thanks for your support.    I am about to go off today to get the post TX viral count test. 

Offline Lukey

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 09:52:04 am »
I tested at 782,000, so I don't think it's a mistake, my HCV is back. :)

I emailed Dr Tom Levy MD PhD the other day, asking about IV Vitamin C, which may cure HCV. He replied and suggested I do the TAT and his own multi Vitamin C program. Here's a link to it :

http://www.peakenergy.com/articles/nh20140311/Reversing-disease-with-the-%27multi-C%27-protocol/

Offline CHepCFree

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 10:49:44 am »
I did TAT and alternated with Vitamin C IV's on a monthly basis to keep my Hep C under control.  Once a year I would go see Dr. Berkson for a week of treatments, twice a day.   I did that for the past six years and prior to that did every alternative protocol I could find. It worked for decades.  I have not heard Vit C will cure but it sure can help to keep you healthy.   I feel so stupid having taken Harvoni so soon after release.  I should have known better. 

Did you check in at one of topics on this forum where they are having people report post TX results?   I forget exactly what the subject title is but once you see it you'll know what I'm talking about.   Relapse rate is currently showing at 20%.   

Offline Lukey

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 01:24:31 pm »
I also feel stupid for jumping at the chance on Harvoni. If I'd waited a couple months, they would have probably put me on 12 weeks of it instead of 8 and I wouldn't have relapsed.

I don't know but with the TAT, I don't think Hep C is going to put anyone's life in danger.

Offline Lukey

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 01:40:59 pm »
Dr Levy's book "Curing The Incurable" talks about people that supposedly got rid of viruses with IV-C. For some reason though, Dr Levy doesn't sound willing to talk to my DO about advising him on how to remove my HCV via IV-C. He seems more confident of TAT and other oral therapies.

Offline dragonslayer

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 02:41:26 pm »
The problem with alternative 'therapies' is that, even if they manage to do the liver some good, I havent seen any reputable (ie, double blind peer reviewed) studies that they  are able to  eradicate the virus.  Its hard to even make a serious comparison of that track record with that of legitimate cures.
Paul

DX 2008
Started Harvoni 11/26/14 for 8 wks
Completed 8 wks Harvoni 01/20/15
EOT RNA Quant result:  Detected 29
7.5 wk post tx: Detected < LLOQ(12)
11 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR12
24 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR24; AST 26; ALT 22; ALP 73
48 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR48; AST 18; ALT 18; ALP 70
GT 1a
vl 2.4mil
2008 bpx: Stage&Grade 0
2013 bpx: Stage&Grade: 0-1
IL28B: TT
likely infected early '70s

Offline Lukey

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 02:44:05 pm »
What type of therapies did you get from Dr Birkson?
Where about was he located?

I get the feeling there is not an alt cure for Hep C, at least not with Dr Birkson and Dr Levy (I mean totally eradicating HCV). I'm not knocking them, because like Dr Birkson said, if a person feels well with HCV and lives a long life, there isn't much wrong with having HCV. :)

Offline seekir

• Mikey's Island
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 08:15:20 pm »
...like Dr Birkson said, if a person feels well with HCV and lives a long life, there isn't much wrong with having HCV.

Well, that is if you could be sure exactly what "feels well" consists of. I often wonder whether my annoying probelms (fatigue, pruritus, brain-fog, skin issues...) are HCV related or just the result of aging. What is a long life? Is there a way to know the precise age you would have reached virus-free? For instance 75 is a long life, but you might've made 80 without the virus, who's to say? And a long life might be fine, but life that is lived with optimum health could conceivably be much finer. And there is the fact that being a carrier of a potentially serious illness may make you the object of fear and cause people to treat you differently, at least if you're frank and open with acquaintances that ought to know that you're HCV+. I haven't tasted an alcoholic drink for 15 years, and every time I decline an offer to imbibe I get the "look" and see the questions forming in the mind of the person offering.

But I agree that the risks of taking Harvoni or other available drugs are still unclear. Each of us has to weigh the issues I suppose. If we can get the treatment at all that is.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 08:24:36 pm by seekir »
61 yo male
Genotype 1a, treatment naive till 8/6/15 when Harvoni treatment was provided through Gilead's Support Path after health insurer (HMSA) denied Harvoni treatment and appeal due to moderate F1/F2 liver status. Sides very mild, virus "undetectable" at 28 days.

Offline Lukey

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2015, 04:44:29 pm »
The problem with alternative 'therapies' is that, even if they manage to do the liver some good, I havent seen any reputable (ie, double blind peer reviewed) studies that they  are able to  eradicate the virus.  Its hard to even make a serious comparison of that track record with that of legitimate cures.

Yes, but "cures" are for people that don't want to change their own lifestyle. they're looking for a magic pill to cure Hep C. Trouble is, there's no telling what else it might do.

Alt therapies may not knock out Hep C but they usually have a way of making people holistically healthier and reversing other health issues at the same time as improving liver function and HCV.
To each his own. I'm just saying that meds are a crap shoot, and most Alt therapies typically fix many more things than they were intended to treat. I may possibly resort to meds again, but maybe not. Hep C doesn't always mean poor health. HCV depends on the host to make it become debilitating or life threatening.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 04:48:28 pm by Lukey »

Offline Lukey

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2015, 06:04:19 pm »
I went back on ML / LC last week (Monolaurin / Lauricidin). It's derived from coconut oil, its an ester of it. It dissolves the lipid coating of virii, bacteria, and fungi. I was on ML/LC last Fall and it did some good things to improve my mental clarity. It was really amazing for a while but later on I stopped taking it. I was afraid it was hurting my good bacteria, but I've since figured out that it may not have been after all.

I use about 5 pounds of coconut oil in a year.

It's probably not going to eradicate HCV but to some people it might do enough so that HCV is not debilitating and/or life threatening. Or, maybe it will keep HCV at bay until you get to your next Tx, if you choose that route.

http://www.inspirednutrition.com/hepatitis-c-and-monolaurin.html

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.