Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:30:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 50
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 36
Total: 36

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Starting Harvoni tomorrow-----as a lifetime epileptic.  (Read 7164 times)

Offline paparocks

Starting Harvoni tomorrow-----as a lifetime epileptic.
« on: May 28, 2015, 11:03:28 pm »
I've searched high and low on the net and have yet to find another hep c patient with epilepsy.
My GI doctor and my neurologist both concur that all should be fine. Well I guess we will see.
The drugs I am on for AED's are Vimpat, Lamictal and Lorazepam as needed.
I would ask that some you ring in on this in order to bump it up in the search engines. Other epileptics will want to know how Harvoni will effect seizure disorders.

Offline SIXFOOTFOUR

Re: Starting Harvoni tomorrow-----as a lifetime epileptic.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 10:30:43 am »
Hi Paparocks

Im not an epileptic but I have a CNS disorder that causes extreme spastic neuromuscular problems with mainly my walking and legs all due to an accident in 1971  that broke my neck (C4-5-6), back (T2-5) right femur, rt arm and shoulder and I was quadriplegic for 6 months and another year working through hemiplegia, recently Ive develop 3 bulging disks in lumbar  that are further affecting my right leg. So Ive been on anti seiziure meds and pain management for 40 years treated with Valium, gabapentin, baclofen, soma , flexeril, 20 years of percocet, vicodin or norco and then when the liver started getting worse they cut the acetaminophen and Ive been on Dilaudid for 6 years.   

So being on some of the same meds that are used for epilepsy and similar neuromuscular problems I can say that the Harvoni had absolutely no negative interaction with my neuro symptoms or medications.

Good luck with your treatment !

Sixfootfour
* Contracted Hep C 1971 post transfusion (non A - non
   B Hep dx in 1971)
* Dx as Hep C early 2000
* Geno 1b
* Stage 3-4 Fibrosis by Biopsy and FibroScan
* VL at start of TX > 6 mil
* ALT/AST High normal range at start of Tx 
* Started Harvoni 12 week course 3/6/15 -
   completion 5/29/15
* Undetected at 6 weeks on Tx
* ALT/AST Mid normal range at 6 week blood test
* Completed 12 weeks (84 pills) 6/28/15
* Undetected at 11 weeks & 6 months EOT

Offline paparocks

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 05:04:51 pm »
Thanks for the input. My doc wants me to take Harvoni in the am hours. this to help with any insomnia the med may cause if I were to take it at night. Not being able to sleep would suck for myself 

Offline paparocks

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 09:58:12 am »
Been on Harvoni for one week now and have experienced only mild fatigue and a few headaches.
one that I didnt expect because I never looked for it or even heard it discussed.
Joint Pain I dont know if it is an additional side effect because of all the other meds I take for my epilepsy or just an opportune time for my body to tell me I'm aging.

Offline Mike

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 10:16:42 am »
Good deal Paparocks!

I'm glad you're having minimal side effects and are on your way to clearing this virus!

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.