Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:26:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 68
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 44
Total: 44

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: GENOTYPE 3a SOVALDI/RIBAVIRIN 24 WEEKS CURED!!!!!!!  (Read 6872 times)

Offline Pensativo

• Hoping and wishing we all get clear-free-happy
GENOTYPE 3a SOVALDI/RIBAVIRIN 24 WEEKS CURED!!!!!!!
« on: May 28, 2016, 02:43:57 pm »
I was Genotype 3a before July 2015.
I started my treatment with SOVALDI/RIBARVIRIN for 24 Weeks on July 1, 2015.
I finished on Dec. 15, 2015 It was my best christmas present ever better than my wife with all respect to her.
At that time on Dic. 15, 2015 I did not know I was cured 'cause I did my first virus load test at the end of July 2015 which came NEGATIVE after that I finished my treatment with no "VIRUS TEST" and from August-December I was in "LIMBO" I saw my end of treatment with UNCERTAINTY 'cause no virus test was done. and from Dec.15, 2015 to April 28, 2016 I went to see my doctor for "THE VIRUS LOAD TEST" She said all your test are good but it does not mean you are cured.
It made me felt anxies and upset. She said go to the lab and do the true virus test and see me May 25, 2016.
I went to see her on May 25, 2016 so nervous 'cause I was having some side effects thinking that the virus still swimming from head to toe.
She said to me you know that you are 'CURED" I laugh and I became speechless .

Infected unknow
Probably infected in the late '70
Random test 1994 came infected
Genotype 3a
First treatment 1998 Interferon/Riba Relapser
Second treatment 2003 Pig-Interferon/Riba Relapser
Third and last one thanks God Sovaldi/Ribavirin ''CURED''

How I found out I was infected: I started having abdominal pain in 1993 I said how come I have that pain I don't do abs, I dont go to the Gym. I am not doing any workout something is wrong with me I went to see a doctor and everything was ok. pain still annoying me I change doctor the second doctor found out I was infected with Hepa-C. I was not shock because I did not know what Hep-C meant untill he said there is not cure for for it. I was shocked with that statement I said to myself my days are counted I went home and I cried like a child I was 25 at that time now I am 49. I survived more than 22 years with the dragon and probably I was infected when I was 18.

I wish all of you to get cure and God bless you today tomorrow and forever.
'
CURED' April 28, 2016 12 weeks after treatment. but my doctor told me to see her in one Year from now to do the "ULTIMATUM" "VIRUS LOAD TEST" which is gonna come "NEGATIVE 2"

PENSATIVO   IS "ALEGRE Y FELIZ" TODAY AND FOREVER.

pensativo, genotype 3a. 26 yrs. dealing with.
starting sovaldi and ribavirin July 1,2015
after 2 interferons, I am trying the new drug. For 24 weeks.

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
Re: GENOTYPE 3a SOVALDI/RIBAVIRIN 24 WEEKS CURED!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 02:52:12 pm »
CONGRATS PENSATIVO!    8)  8)  8)

kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline brie41

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 04:16:47 pm »
Congrats Pensativo,

I love reading all the cured posts lately.  How wonderful for you especially as you were feeling unsure of the results!!  Brie
Diagnosed  HCV, 1A 2006
Viral load 6 million
Ast/Alt always in the 20's
F0-F1, never changed
Treatment naive, started 8 week Harvoni 3/15/16
4 and 8 week labs undetected
6 week eot labs undetected
13 week eot UNDETECTED!

Offline Pensativo

• Hoping and wishing we all get clear-free-happy
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 10:38:52 am »
 ;D Thank you guys, I am getting my energies back, about my side effects was minimun but remember we all react different to medications, fatigue and a little joint pain...no headache, no imsomnia,...was really nothing thasnks God. I hope you are getting better kim because I read your posts. blessing for everybody I have a second life LOL.

PENSATIVO IS FELIZ.
pensativo, genotype 3a. 26 yrs. dealing with.
starting sovaldi and ribavirin July 1,2015
after 2 interferons, I am trying the new drug. For 24 weeks.

Offline Determined

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 11:13:29 am »
Congratulations Pensativo!  Good luck with the post treatment symptoms.  Who knew we would have to recover from the cure, but I think that just gets better.  Best of luck, you survivor you.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.