Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 11:36:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6309
  • Latest: Vicki
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 174
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 163
Total: 163

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Relapsed after Viekira Pack?  (Read 7403 times)

Offline mcmaklin

Relapsed after Viekira Pack?
« on: December 16, 2015, 05:27:42 pm »
Hello,
I need your help to associate things. I have finished a month ago Abbvie Trial Viekira Pack no Riba. I am genotype 1b, TT, F1, upon start treatment I had 1400000 units of virus. After 2 weeks 120 units. After a month below the possibility of detection. After 3 months no virus.  3 weeks after treatment (I was doing tests in UK) I was undetected. Today I have received a SAD NEWS.  4 weeks after EOT I received a message from clinical trials to RETEST cause they found 27000 units. I did a retest today and am waiting. In the meantime a week ago ASPAT was 50. If this is a sad news (waiting for confirmation) is there a possibility to retreat me with Harvoni? And for how long? Where there any cases like that?  I was treatment naive. Are there any chances to be cured?

1. Do you know how to treat if it is really a relapse?
2. Do you know such case?
2ndTreatmnt  geno 1b- Vosevi 12 weeks - SOT Sept 12 2018 to EOT Dec 5 2018. Pre-treatment - VL 1.4 mil, ALT 45, AST __, ALP 69, GGT 90, bilir 16. 2 weeklabs:VL 49, ALT 26, AST __, GGT 53. Bili 21, 4 weeklabs:VL <15, GGT42 other normal, 5weeklabs:ALT 17,AST 27, Bili 11.8,  ALP 68, GGT 36 ... VL 12,   6weeklabs ALT 19, AST 26, Bili 16,20, GGT35, VL<12

1stTreatm Compl. Viekira+Exviera no Riba Nov2015. 1b,TT,F1, 1400000U Relapsed 4 weeks EOT

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
Re: Relapsed after Viekira Pack?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 07:05:02 pm »
Hi  mcmaklin

Check out this thread related to your situation

http://forums.hepmag.com/index.php?topic=3742.msg35856;topicseen#new

Good Luck
Lynn
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 09:04:24 pm »
Hi McMacklin. You can also check out this link for a new clinical trial for people in your situation:
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/study/NCT02607735

It is for people of any genotype who have relapsed after taking Sovaldi, Harvoni or Viekira.

The trial is currently recruiting. There are study locations all over US, plus Canada, UK, Australia, NZ, France.

The trial is: "Safety and Efficacy of Sofosbuvir/Velpatasvir/GS-9857 in Adults With Chronic HCV Infection Who Have Previously Received Treatment With Direct-Acting Antiviral Therapy (POLARIS-1)"

Maybe you won't need it. Maybe the results of your retest will turn out to be good news. There has been at least one other person on these forums who has reported relapsing after successfully completing Viekira.

Good luck! :)
kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 11:31:10 pm »
Hi McMacklin,
sorry to hear that news. have you heard back on the retest? Did the doctors have any explanation for why these results may have occurred?

Im very curious because i'm also taking viekira with no riba, have been undetected since 1 month like you. I'm 3 weeks from being done. Are there any factors the doctors have suggested that might have led to these results?

good luck, i really hope it did not turn out to be a relapse.
Ian

Offline HEPful Guy

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 10:50:19 pm »
You can try to get into the clinical trials that Gilead are performing. Or you can try retreatment with Harvoni or Sovaldi + Olysio. I wouldn't try these drugs for retreatment unless your physician has ordered a genosure ns3/4a and ns5a first to test for resistance. If he wants to start retreatment without a genosure I would probably find another doctor who understands appropriate therapy better. Your 3rd option would be to wait until the new drugs are released and all the clinical trials are over, this way your treatment can be guided by the results of the trials to optimize your drug combination and treatment length.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 10:52:56 pm by HEPful Guy »

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 12:17:40 am »
Here is the link from the AASLD recommendations for treatment relapse

http://www.hcvguidelines.org/full-report/retreatment-persons-whom-prior-therapy-has-failed
The following is about half way down

Recommended regimen for patients in whom previous treatment with any HCV nonstructural protein 5A (NS5A) inhibitors has failed (including daclatasvir plus sofosbuvir, ledipasvir/sofosbuvir, or paritaprevir/ritonavir/ombitasvir plus dasabuvir).
For patients with minimal liver disease, deferral of treatment is recommended, pending availability of data.

Rating: Class IIb, Level C

For patients with cirrhosis or other patients who require retreatment urgently, testing for resistance-associated variants that confer decreased susceptibility to NS3 protease inhibitors and to NS5A inhibitors is recommended. The specific drugs used in the retreatment regimen should be tailored to the results of this testing as described below. Treatment duration of 24 weeks is recommended and, unless contraindicated, weight-based RBV should be added.

Recommended regimen for patients in whom previous treatment with any HCV nonstructural protein 5A (NS5A) inhibitors has failed (including daclatasvir plus sofosbuvir, ledipasvir/sofosbuvir, or paritaprevir/ritonavir/ombitasvir plus dasabuvir).
For patients with minimal liver disease, deferral of treatment is recommended, pending availability of data.

For patients with cirrhosis or other patients who require retreatment urgently, testing for resistance-associated variants that confer decreased susceptibility to NS3 protease inhibitors and to NS5A inhibitors is recommended. The specific drugs used in the retreatment regimen should be tailored to the results of this testing as described below. Treatment duration of 24 weeks is recommended and, unless contraindicated, weight-based RBV should be added.

For patients with cirrhosis or other patients who require retreatment urgently, testing for RAVs that confer decreased susceptibility to NS3 protease inhibitors (eg, Q80K) and to NS5A inhibitors should be performed using commercially available assays prior to selecting the next HCV treatment regimen. For patients with no NS5A inhibitor RAVs detected, retreatment with ledipasvir/sofosbuvir and RBV for 24 weeks is recommended. For patients who have NS5A inhibitor RAVs detected and who do not have NS3 inhibitor RAVs detected, treatment with simeprevir, sofosbuvir, and RBV for 24 weeks is recommended. For patients who have both NS3 and NS5A inhibitor RAVs detected, retreatment should be conducted in a clinical trial setting, as an appropriate treatment regimen cannot be recommended at this time.

No data are yet available on the retreatment of patients for whom prior treatment with PrOD has failed. However, studies that have evaluated patients whose virus did not respond to PrOD have reported the presence of RAVs that confer decreased susceptibly to NS3 protease inhibitors (eg, paritaprevir), NS5A inhibitors (eg, daclatasvir, ledipasvir, ombitasvir), and nonnucleoside polymerase inhibitors (eg, dasabuvir). Based on these observations, patients for whom treatment with PrOD did not result in an SVR should have HCV treatment deferred in the setting of mild liver disease, and for those with advanced fibrosis, testing for RAVs should be performed.

So basically the recommendation is if you have minimal liver damage you should wait but the best advice you should get is from your doctor.

Good luck
Lynn
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.