Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:32:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 167
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 134
Total: 134

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Q80K POSITIVE. TO TREAT OR NOT TO TREAT?  (Read 7350 times)

Offline FRED220

Q80K POSITIVE. TO TREAT OR NOT TO TREAT?
« on: July 31, 2014, 04:11:18 pm »
Hello to all, I am new to this site and its great to see how many of you are doing well. I was infected with the virus in 1974 from a blood transfusion, I am 53 yrs young  Geno 1a ,currently F4 Fibrosis(results from Fibrosure test), last Endoscopy I had small varices and mild portal hypertension. All my lab work is  normal except for the AST(52) Alt (89).Viral load around 2 million. I have not had a drink, smoke or any kind of drugs since 1978 which is when I found out I was infected with the virus. I take real good care of self and I have  been waiting all these years for something better to come along since I can not do the Interf or Riva. I  was seen at UM Hepatology Dept. in June/2014 and was prescribed Sovaldi and Olysio for 12 weeks. Today I found out I was Q80k positive and I had about a 60 % chance of reaching SVR.  I was very upset and disapointed since I feel this is such a low percentage after reading so much on cure of over 93 %. I am thinking of weather I should treat and deal with the sides  or wait for something better to come along?

Offline rainbowray

• Gen 1B
Re: Q80K POSITIVE. TO TREAT OR NOT TO TREAT?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 04:38:38 pm »
I think f-4 is scarring=cirrohsis, you are kind of advanced. you have to do some treatment soon, even if ridding the virus for a few months will give the liver some relief. I also read of good treatments coming that will have success on all genotypes.
If you  wait, don't wait too long. I am gen 1B which is difficult too, but I am on 24 week of sovaldi/ribovirin which my doctor stated if not succesful, I will be on a new drug trial he is doing later in the year. So I elected to do it, I am at F-3 and I don't wnt it to go any further. I get my first viral load lab result next week.
Note** bleeding varices is something that needs to cease.

Offline FRED220

Re: Q80K POSITIVE. TO TREAT OR NOT TO TREAT?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 05:05:30 pm »
I was given the wrong info, just got off the phone with the Dr., she said Sovaldi and Olysio together does not matter if you are Q80K positive its only when you take Olysio with Interf or Riva. This news makes feel much better:) I am going to get my tool box(Ginger trips, sun tan lotion , sun sleeves etc.) ready to start treatment this coming week. Hoping my sides are not that bad and reach SVR.   

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.