Hepatitis C Prevention, Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Hep c/b exposure?

(1/1)

Jaydog:
Hi guys,

I appreciate this may sound somewhat farfetched but i recently bought a bag of cocaine for my birthday. I took 2 bumps and used my own key to snort it both times. I gave the bag back to my friend afterwards as i realised this party life is no longer for me.

Im concerned that maybe there was blood inside the bag of cocaine and that maybe i am at risk for a hep c/b infection?. What worries me more is that 3 days later my 1 year old daughter snatched this key from my hand and cut her hand in the process. I am even more concerned now as im worried that any potential leftover blood on the key could have gotten into my daughter's hand when she cut herself.

Now I have no reason to believe there was blood in the cocaine/key, i think its just my ocd playing with me and im very protective over my daughter and i worry about where the cocaine may have come from. For arguments sake, if there was blood in the cocaine which was transferred to my key what are my daughter's risks of contracting the hepatitis virus 3 days after its contact with the cocaine?. I did not notice any visible blood on the key, just a bit of rust from the wear and tear and obviously there was no cocaine left on the key either.

My main worry is for my daughter and i keep reading that trace amounts of blood/virus can transmit this virus

What is mine and my daughter's risk on this?

Thank you in advance

Jay

Lynn K:
I’m pretty sure you already know the answer to your question. As you said yourself this is really far fetched and your OCD is likely talking.

My suggestion is to speak with your counselor and get treatment for your OCD.

Likely using cocaine only increases your existing anxieties.

Best of luck to you   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version