Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 09:44:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6309
  • Latest: Vicki
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 221
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 146
Total: 146

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: IS EATING PIG LIVER BAD FOR US  (Read 11718 times)

Offline FRED220

IS EATING PIG LIVER BAD FOR US
« on: August 22, 2014, 08:01:07 pm »
I read that fresh pig liver is actually very good for us to eat. Has anyone read this?

Offline virgha828

Re: IS EATING PIG LIVER BAD FOR US
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 08:06:28 pm »
Fred

No I've never come across this. In all the years i have obsessed about my liver even if it was i just couldn't bring myself to eat it.  :o  i have heard that artichokes are very good for or liver. Those i can eat!  ;D

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 01:55:59 am »
I have never been a fan of eating liver. The thought of eating an organ that filters the body's toxins and catches all the excess minerals just kind of grosses me out. However, if you aren't grossed out by my unscientific reply, then be sure you eat organically pastured pig.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:21:01 pm by lporterrn »
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline FRED220

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 09:57:48 pm »
I was raised in a farm and my father would have us eat everything from the pig. We ate , liver, kidneys, heart and even the tongue. When I left home at the age of 18 I never ate it again but I have read that the liver is really good for us with Hep c. It says that the toxins that it filters does not stay in the liver but actually in the body tissue and fat of the pig.   Anyway, did not mean to gross anyone but I wanted to know if anyone had read about it. Thanks

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 04:01:19 pm »
wow, fredo I just read this post, were you in the movie DELIVERENCE,, LOL im just busttin pig balls here, ever tried them? their suppose to be good for your love life. I took my sweetheart out to a restaurant in ny city[jewish place] and we feasted on them for an hour, I had the waiter put spagheeti sauce all over them so she thought we were having meatballs.  on every anniversary I prepare the same meal and it seems like our love life gets better every year,     I am a country boy fredo and I am laughing my ass off that you posted that,,,,, thx so much,, sept. 13 is our anniversary, I cant wait     willie g Hannibal  im gonna piss my pants

Offline FRED220

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 12:32:02 pm »
How is it going with treatment Willie?  Funny post, my father (Farmer in the Redlands) would teach us everything from survival in the woods to eating snakes. When he would plan a trip we would all (including my friends) wounder what the heck he was going to come up with. On a trip to the Everglades he left us and our girlfriends (now my wife) out there for the entire night and picked us up in the morning. That was the last time my friends went to the Glades with us:) Trust me, I have have seen and tried crazy s____t.   

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 09:24:46 pm »
Well you made my day on your pig post ha ha thx I did crazy stuff too as far as survival goes he he. I'm a Vietnam vet and I think my life after has been even crazier. Thx for having a good since of humor, Your wife must be a Saint lol. Later my friend and good luck on treatment. "Just"willie g

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 02:42:53 pm »
Fredd220 - I am picking you for my survival team if I ever get stranded in a remote area!
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline FRED220

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 11:25:26 am »
Hello Lucinda, hope all is well with you. I am ready to be in your team:) Lucinda, what do you think of the new med Sov/ledi ?

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 06:09:11 pm »
Teammate Fred220, I am a huge fan of sov/ledi since that was the one that finally cured me.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline FRED220

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 08:09:32 am »
Lucinda, I was not aware that you where cured by Sol/Led. I have read that there are almost no sides and the meds are safer than the protease inhibitors that we have now.   How was the treatment for you as to sides?

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 01:58:04 pm »
Since I was in a clinical trial, I was randomized to the arm that also used ribavrin, so I had side effects. However, I knew a lot of people who didn't have to take riba, and they had a mild intermittent headache that was easily treated with acetaminophen. They all cleared.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.