Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 11:16:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6309
  • Latest: Vicki
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 240
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 59
Total: 59

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Post 10 week labs - Still NONDETECTED  (Read 8441 times)

Offline JackN

Post 10 week labs - Still NONDETECTED
« on: May 16, 2016, 08:31:17 am »
Hi All

Appt w heptologist for post treatment labs show I'm still Nondetected after 10 weeks EOT, and per the doctors that gives me a "I'm cured" status.

I admit I'm still tired and depressed. I came across a new harvoni side effect sheet which now includes depression. If I find the link I will post.

Hoping, as time passes by, I will feel more energized and less weepy. My joints do feel better though (knock on wood) and my appetite is raging. Gained a few pounds. :)
1A
Likely infected 1970's
VL 575,000
Liver Functions normal (ALT/AST)
F0 Fibroscan
Started Harvoni 12-5-15
4week labs 63 VL
6week labs 21 VL
2-17-16 NONDETECTED :) prior to 12 week EOT
3-28-16 EOT 4 week testing = nondetected
5-11-16 EOT 10 week testing = nondetected

Offline JackN

Re: Post 10 week labs - Still NONDETECTED
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 08:42:08 am »
Me again. Here is the info regarding depression on the website healthline.com and lots of links in the harvoni article......

"Recently, warnings about mood changes like irritability or depression were added to the drug label. These effects may be linked to sofosbuvir, one of the drugs in the Harvoni tablet. Some patients have reported that taking sofosbuvir with other hepatitis C treatments caused them to feel irritable, depressed, or suicidal. These effects are more likely to occur if a patient has a history of depression or other mental illness.

If you have mood changes or become depressed while taking Harvoni, call your doctor right away."
1A
Likely infected 1970's
VL 575,000
F0 Fibroscan
Started Harvoni 12-5-15
4week labs 63 VL
6week labs 21 VL

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 09:29:16 am »
Me again. Here is the info regarding depression on the website healthline.com and lots of links in the harvoni article......

"Recently, warnings about mood changes like irritability or depression were added to the drug label. These effects may be linked to sofosbuvir, one of the drugs in the Harvoni tablet. Some patients have reported that taking sofosbuvir with other hepatitis C treatments caused them to feel irritable, depressed, or suicidal. These effects are more likely to occur if a patient has a history of depression or other mental illness.

If you have mood changes or become depressed while taking Harvoni, call your doctor right away."

Interesting. Thanks for posting this, Jack. I wonder how many more additions will be made to the Harvoni side effects sheet as time goes on...

Congrats on your SVR10!!  8)

kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline Luna7

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 11:54:23 am »
Glad you are cured, JackN !

I'm wondering if it's the Ledipasvir in the Harvoni causing such side effects for people.
I'm taking Sofosbuvir without Ledipasir (I take Daklinza along with the Sof) and am sailing through this treatment feeling great (aside from what I think was an allergic reaction to the drugs or excipients in them at the beginning).
Between F2 & F3
Alt & Ast nearly 100
Viral load over 8 million
Gt 3a

Treated 12 weeks with Sovaldi & Daklinza, start date mid-April 2016
Undetected at 4 weeks into treatment
Alt & Ast  normal
Treatment completed July 14
Most likely will be undetected at 12 weeks (mid October 2016) as symptoms are gone

Offline JackN

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 12:28:41 pm »
Hi there

I don't know.  The article says it's the sofosbuvir.  I was googling it to see if depression had been linked to harvoni, and found this. 

Glad all is well with you Luna7. 

KimInTheForest, hope you are feeling better.  What's your update? 
1A
Likely infected 1970's
VL 575,000
F0 Fibroscan
Started Harvoni 12-5-15
4week labs 63 VL
6week labs 21 VL

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 12:49:47 pm »
KimInTheForest, hope you are feeling better.  What's your update?

No update yet, Jack. Just more tests, doctors appts, etc. Still same degree of unwellness post-treatment (nearly 10 months post-tx now).

kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline JackN

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 01:00:15 pm »
I found your detailed update. I posted a response. Hang in there with the hematologist.  Blood and bone marrow are there speciality.
1A
Likely infected 1970's
VL 575,000
F0 Fibroscan
Started Harvoni 12-5-15
4week labs 63 VL
6week labs 21 VL

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.