Hepatitis C Main Forums > On Hepatitis C Treatment

Mavyret Tx., Treating the relapse

(1/24) > >>

slats1056:
 Hello to all You guys around Heplandia! :)

Here We go again! Trying to slay the Dragon for good this time instead of putting him into hibernation again. Got the Rx. in hand for 16 week Tx. after relapsing from Harvoni Tx. back in 2015. I guess a little back ground is in order being that I need to update My signature profile. Labs show EOT SVR and SVR12 ( see RETURN OF THE BEAST on after Tx. thread for EOT & SVR12 LAB copies posted for Me by Hep C staff and the Google link for current LABS. for reference ) Last hcv quantitative test was SVR12 which at the time I was told by Gastro, and Gilead was the gold standard for eradication and therefore SVR of the virus. All of My other blood work showed a couple of anomolies after Tx. but ALT/AST enzymes all stayed within normal range. Fast forward to August , 2018 where I returned to Internist after a prolonged hiatus due to personal & legal issues , and getting flooded out of the house due to Hurricane Harvey and the ensuing repairs/problems that came along with that. In the interim My Gastro. retired 11/16 (My follow up was scheduled for 1/17 , but that fell through the cracks.) I knew My blood pressure was through the roof due to being off of meds., so I knew internist would do a complete work up since I had not seen him for a long while. Asked him to run the HCV RNA PCR QUANTITATIVE test for Me. Was not expecting to get an call from him to come in instead of the usual follow up appointment 10 days later :o ??? ::) SURPRISE-SURPRISE!!!!! Several highlights , but I was floored by the viral load of 1.02 MILLION COPIES >:( :'( :-\ :P
  After several conversations and a couple of melt downs , the Doc himself called Me and explained things thoroughly. Referred to New Gastro and got My medical records together. ALL THE WHILE HOPING FOR A SCREW UP , rescheduled new tests for confirmation of the bad news. So Lab results came back 9/18/18 which really suck 'cause that was My Birthday!!!! Some present HUH? I won't go into all of the other things swirling around in the shit storm that is My life right now!!!!! :-X :-X :-X
  Apparently The new Gastro. had his Med. asst. begin processing paperwork for approval to BCBS and Abbvie right away .

And so , here I am! ;D Starting My 16 week Rx. Monday 10-29-18 ;) I have found alot of Harvoni relapsers during My research, BUT , not very many that have gone so long before any thing showed up!

Sorry about the long winded rant , I am sure I left out something! ::) :-\ . But as usual I feel much better after getting all of this off of My chest!  I must say that this Forum is one of the most Supportive , informative , knowledgeable , and all around best one to be a part of! Thanx to all of You guys out there , especially the unsung , unpaid , and underappreciated moderators on the staff!

Thanx All!,
                                                   Slats

P.S. I USED UP ALL OF MY SICK DAYS , SO I CALLED IN DEAD!!! Bam , there it is! The humor is coming back slowly! 8) ;) ;D :

Lynn K:
Good luck slats I’m hoping and believing that this one will get them all

KimInTheForest:
What a story, Tommy! You have been through the wringer on this. I was surprised to hear you have discovered a lot of Harvoni relapsers in your research, because of course we don't hear much about that side of it. In fact we're led to believe it virtually never goes that way on Harvoni.

My own Harvoni/ribavirin treatment ended up having quite a serious impact on my health in ways I have never detailed here, but am still dealing with. But at least it did seem to cure me of HCV. Although after hearing your story... maybe I should have that checked again too!

Glad to hear you are starting the new treatment. Let's hope this one gets the job done!

kim

slats1056:
 HERE WE GO BOYS AND GIRLS , THE MAVYRET TRAIN JUST LEFT THE STATION.
HERE IS HOPING FOR AN EASY AND UNEVENTFUL TRIP!

How are divorces and enemas alike??????At first they are pretty crappy , but in the long run they feel pretty good!! ;D ;D ;D ;D  Onward through the frogs people.

LindaBalz:
I am starting Mavyret today also. Oct. 29. First treatment ever. let hope it works!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version