Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 08:18:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 176
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 157
Total: 157

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: SVR-1 ?  (Read 8351 times)

Offline rikkyde

• Detected March, 2014; type 1A
SVR-1 ?
« on: June 14, 2014, 12:37:14 pm »
Met with my doctor this week; I'm in week 10 of 12 week Sol-Rib-Peg. All my blood work has come back as VL undetectable, from a starting VL of 34 million, so I'm a happy camper, VERY HAPPY.

Interesting is my doc said current testing protocols are now a final VL test 4 weeks after treatment ends, not 12, and is calling is SVR 1 - I would have called it SVR 4 but what do I know?

This is great news, to be able to, as Mike on this forum fondly says often, know the dragon is slayed after one month, and not be on edge and anxious for three or more.

Offline Mike

Re: SVR-1 ?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 12:58:50 pm »
Amen, Rick,

I'm still waiting for my 12 week post treatment viral load. I wish my GI would have ordered it after 4 weeks - I'm starting to get anxious!

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline rikkyde

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 01:01:59 pm »
Hang in there Mike; we're all thinking positive thoughts for you.

If I remember isn't your 12 week wait over on 4th July? That's the date for my last pills - the INTF a week prior, so graduation day in a way for both of us ! ! ! And I am SO SO looking forward to stopping these damn drugs.

Offline Mike

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 01:09:28 pm »
Yep. July 4th. 3 more weeks to go for both of us Rick! I remember taking my last pill on April 17th! That was a great day!

Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline Evil Santa

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 01:33:06 pm »
 Great news you guys! I can't wait to join the undetectable group. First blood work next week, 11 weeks to go. These new drugs are a breeze compared to first go round. Keep the good news coming for all of us...
Jim

Offline rikkyde

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 02:06:01 pm »
Hi Santa; looking for that UDT for you. Eleven weeks is not long- well that's what I convinced myself of - but every day there is big X thru another day on my calendar.

I was fortunate in that this was the first time for me, so never had to suffer thru the 24 or 48 weeks that so many on this board has over the years. Also fortunate that I never showed any HepC symptoms until liver function blood work this year came back with some high numbers.

Hang in there !

Offline Evil Santa

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 07:48:53 am »
Thanks Rick, yep 11 weeks will just fly by...

Offline Marysee

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 06:35:46 am »
Congrats Rick! I am 4 weeks post treatment and would love to have the final test behind me, my dr still saying 12 weeks so I will be waiting until the end of July. Still soo happy tho, can't wipe the smile off my face most days ;D

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.