Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 09:29:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6309
  • Latest: Vicki
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 221
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 133
Total: 133

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My ride on AbbVie's viekirax + Exviera with Riba so far  (Read 5315 times)

Offline hepcatUK

My ride on AbbVie's viekirax + Exviera with Riba so far
« on: April 30, 2016, 04:40:56 am »
Hi...I posted here about 5/6 weeks ago when I'd just started treatment and was worried because I'd turned yellow  :o (thanks again to Philadelphia and others who eased my overly worried self at the time!!)

It seems lots of us in the UK who were originally promised Harvoni have now been offered the AbbVie viekirax + Exviera with or without riba (NOTE this is not viekira pak). With this treatment being very new there wasn't much online in the way of peoples experiences so I thought I'd post mine so far, although we all react differently to treatments!

Because I had a fibro of 11.6kpa & GT 1a I'm being treated as cirrhotic & have been put on this treatment for 24 weeks with Riba which I am currently 6 weeks into. No hard to manage side effects at all, other then turning yellow in the first few days which only lasted about 3-4 days, other side have been headaches (manageable), some difficulty sleeping & less energy then normal. So far, as far as sides go I reckon I've been lucky  :)

Because of the yellow thing I had an US and bloods taken 12 days into treatment, US showed a smooth liver with some mild coarse echotexture ...the radiographer told me it was nothing to loose sleep over!! Going by my bloods so far this treatment seems to be doing it's job for me
At the start of treatment me bloods were ALT 108. Platelets 104. PCR log 7.
Week 2 into treatment (or 12 days into treatment...i like the 12 days bit  :D) ALT 22. Platelets 101. PCR 0.
Week 4 of treatment ALT 14. Platelets 121. PCR 0

It's really encouraging to see the pcr at 0 so early, I know it doesn't really mean anything until we see that 12 weeks eot but its still good to see....plus ALT at 14....I'm made up!!! ;)

All the best to everyone here on or waiting to get onto treatment

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
  • It only looks like I know what I'm doing
Re: My ride on AbbVie's viekirax + Exviera with Riba so far
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 05:51:20 am »
You are so rocking this treatment! Incredible. :) Great results.
CURED SVR24  Class of 2015
Wk 12 post EOT 30.11.15: ALT 14 AST 22 GGT 22 VL UND
Week 19 07.08.15: ALT 17 AST 23 GGT 25
Week 12 18.06.15: ALT 21 AST 23 GGT 28
Week 8 25.05.15: ALT 23 AST 27 GGT 30 VL UND
Week 4 20.04.14: ALT 30 AST 36 VL 40
Treatment start 23.03.15: ALT 137 AST 185 VL 342,600
Cirrhosis Child-Pugh A, Genotype 1a - Viekira Pak + riba 24 weeks
Total failure interferon/ribavirin/boceprovir Mar 2013
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/grace-campbell

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.