Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 03:52:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6309
  • Latest: Vicki
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 195
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 154
Total: 154

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: PAP's?  (Read 8308 times)

Offline bepper

PAP's?
« on: November 16, 2014, 02:33:53 am »
I was just reading Gilead's Patient assistance is $16,000.00, which equals 16 pills?

What if you need 70 pills to complete treatment? One would hit the donut-hole on one medication.

The donut-hole took much of my parents life savings before my mothers death, too. Is this what we all have to look forward to? Just doesn't seem fair.

bepper
Dx: 1985 non a-non b Hep
Dx: over next 20 yrs "your body has cleared the virus on it's own, never worry again"

July 2014 Dx: Hep C GT3
ALANINE AMINOTRANSFE   0 - 33 U/L   72   H
ASPARTATE AMINOTRANS   0 - 32 U/L   88   H
HCV QUANTITATIVE viral load   5678036

Started Sol/Rib Oct 9, 2014
UD @ week 4 of TX
Completed tx 3/20/15

Hubby: Successfully tx in 2005
June 2014 Re-dx GT3
Cirrhosis of liver without mention of alcohol
Hepatocellular carcinoma

Liver transplant 3/2015

New life for both!?

Offline sunrise

Re: PAP's?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 02:39:52 am »
Hi bepper
     The patient assistance program covers all of your dosage for sovaldi  if you qualify, as far as I know. I was able to get 12 weeks, which is 84, 000 so talk to support path. They are very nice. The harvoni is 94, 000 for 12 weeks.

Offline bepper

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 09:21:32 am »
Hey sunrise,

For right now, I'm going to leave it up to the pharmacist that's been on top of me getting my meds from the beginning. She's got a couple things she's going to do that I don't want to post here. So, even though support path says $16,000.00, they give more? I've hardly been able to sleep at night since I realized the situation I am headed for the other day and contacted the pharmacy.

We are in the same boat with hubby on hospital bills as we've already spent everything we could get and owe thousands more on hubby's quest for a liver transplant. I'm going to have to check out the hospital's financial assistance because Medicare (and their replacements plans) leave so much out of pocket. Who can keep coming up with $6700.00 every time it turns January, not us when we're both already living on the edge before all this sickness erupted.

Thanks for the info, hopefully I'll qualify for something w/out disruption in treatment. 

Have a great day sunshine, your name still makes me smile, esp since I woke up to snow on the ground.

bepper
Dx: over next 20 yrs "your body has cleared the virus on it's own, never worry again"

UD @ week 4 of TX
Completed tx 3/20/15

June 2014 Re-dx GT3
Hepatocellular carcinoma

Liver transplant 3/2015

New life for both!?

Offline sunrise

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 09:25:38 am »
Hey bepper
      Thats a tough one. I guess it depends on your income and if you have insurance.  Good luck with it.
      It got cold here as well. Windy too! Stay warm we are in for a wild ride

Offline bepper

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 12:15:06 pm »
Medicare dependent tells u our income and insurance. Up till now, I've only heard of the dreaded donut hole in coverage, so whatever they come up, it is what it is.

We've both been in good hands so far, I need to stop thinking of the $ aspect right now, when we're both in the fight for our life, (esp. hubby) we've always done the best we can. In the end, they can't get blood out of a turnip.

It just stopped snowing here. Guess we got an inch on the ground. Can hardly wait to see what kind of winter is really on the way.After last year, nothing should surprise us.

UD @ week 4 of TX
Completed tx 3/20/15

June 2014 Re-dx GT3
Hepatocellular carcinoma

Liver transplant 3/2015

New life for both!?

Offline bepper

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 12:31:12 pm »
sunrise, not sunshine. Sorry, it was early. Very early. lol

UD @ week 4 of TX
Completed tx 3/20/15

June 2014 Re-dx GT3
Hepatocellular carcinoma

Liver transplant 3/2015

New life for both!?

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.