Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 04:41:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 188
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 143
Total: 143

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Only 2 weeks to go, I hope to become myself after the last pill on 12-28-2015  (Read 5989 times)

Offline Madelief

• Together we reach the bright site of te road
Maybe it sounds like complaining but I noticed that I became so introvert, so not being myself, so less energy to think about christmas presents and more. Feel so restless, can't find rest and relaxation. So litte affective to my dearest ones, it makes me so sad and lonely. I make myself lonely because I cannot step out my bubble.
Only 2 weeks to go , will it become better after taking my last pill? Ik hope so... :'(
Madelief
start Harvoni 11-02-2015 (november)
Bloodtest 11-09-2015 alt 45 (before treatment 145)
8 weeks treatment
F1
Bloodworks 11-23-2015
HCV not detectable!!!
Rest of the numers in a normal range : ))))

Offline Bree

• "Today is a good day for a great day!"
Hey Madelief, we have the same avatar!  (great minds share avatars;) My two cents... these meds effect us all in many different ways, at different times and for different durations before and after treatment.  I found it is very much an interpersonal journey - which is what you might be feeling.

I'm don't have little ones... and I'm not doing much for the holidays at all.  It just feels so commercial to me right now, I'm into a different phase of life at the moment.  A few gifts for important ones and gifts of love for people who have championed me, my internist for example. 

Other than that, I plan on writing a few letters to friends and loved ones about what their relationship means to me... and I can do that anytime.  Plus it's an added benefit... helps me feel grateful too.

Post treatment is different for people too.  I have done well, even though there have been dips... like I said - interpersonal journey.... but it feels so nice to have completed treatment.

Every day I have to make a new decision (and many times during the day) to be better, become better, do some little things to help me be better... go for a walk, etc.  It's a process...  I make the decision and appreciate life as much as I can.

My wish for you is that you become your awesome new old self!  You'll get back there and beyond, and being hepc free changes almost everything!  Bree
Dx 1997 Geno 1a
2002-2003 PEG Intron/riba (48 wks) respond/relapsed
Pre-Harvoni - Viral Load: 13.5 M - Log 7.1
Fibrosure Score F1-2  Pre-Treatment:  AST 73 / ALT 88

7/6/15 Started Harvoni (12 weeks)
10/5/15 HCV NOT DETECTED (One week post EOT)
11/9/15 NOT DETECTED!!! (6 wk post)
12/21/15 NOT DETECTED (12 wk post) 
3/14/16  NOT DETECTED (24 week post)AST 26 ALT 18
SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
  • It only looks like I know what I'm doing
I became quite withdrawn because I was so focused on myself and the cure. I was working part time, so I didn't have work to draw me out. I tended to tire easily, so I didn't extend myself.

Now I'm back at work full time and things are trotting along nicely, everything is back to normal (whatever normal is!). Hep C is not at the forefront of my mind. In fact I'm thinking of having a few months where I don't think about it and its effects on me AT ALL.

You'll get there. Wait till treatment is over - you will be surprised at how much better you feel when you are off the meds.
CURED SVR24  Class of 2015
Wk 12 post EOT 30.11.15: ALT 14 AST 22 GGT 22 VL UND
Week 19 07.08.15: ALT 17 AST 23 GGT 25
Week 12 18.06.15: ALT 21 AST 23 GGT 28
Week 8 25.05.15: ALT 23 AST 27 GGT 30 VL UND
Week 4 20.04.14: ALT 30 AST 36 VL 40
Treatment start 23.03.15: ALT 137 AST 185 VL 342,600
Cirrhosis Child-Pugh A, Genotype 1a - Viekira Pak + riba 24 weeks
Total failure interferon/ribavirin/boceprovir Mar 2013
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/grace-campbell

Offline Rubi

I completely get it. My symptoms from treatment have been so severe I hardly leave the house. I don't really want people over because when the fatigue hits I have to go lay down. I don't enjoy my time with anyone. But, I know this is temporary. I'm on my 7 day countdown and I am making plans to start building up strength and energy. I've read it takes 3-6 months to start feeling better. If I start with light exercise and short walks I should be feeling better soon. Keep focused on the end result. Your body has been fighting a war against a nasty virus. You will come out if this the champion.

Rubi
F 59
GT 2
Started treatment 9-28-15
Solvaldi/Ribavirin for 12 weeks
ALT/AST was 74/48; now 17/17
VL 5.6 million down to 42

Offline BillT

I think Philly is spot on.This treatment and the cure are important to us and it takes everything we have to get through it.There's nothing wrong with doing whatever it takes to get to EOT,and we need to understand this isn't normal for us.I for one will gladly give up one Christmas to be done with this beast.We've asked everyone around us to be understanding while we're doing this,and I don't think we should expect anything less of ourselves.
Contracted 1973 Military
Diagnosed 1980
Pegintron treatment 2004 unsucessful
Genotype 1b
FibroScan 10 (F2)
Start Viekira 10.17.2015

AST 40 ALT 69
VL 440k
10.31.2015/Week 2 Labs : AST 14/ALT 17
No VL done
10.14.2015/Week 4 labs : AST 14/ALT 14
VL UNDETECTED!!!
12.11.2015/Week 8 Labs : AST 12/ALT 13
No VL done
01.05.2016/EOT labs : AST 15/ALT 13
VL UNDETECTED!!!

12 WEEK SRV:UN-BLOODY DETECTABLE !!!!!!!!

24 WEEK SVR:UNDETECTABLE!!!! Thank You God.

Fibroscan 6Mo. Post Treatment 7.15.2016-5.3(F1)

Offline Madelief

• Together we reach the bright site of te road
Bree, BillT,Rubi, Philadelphia, thanks for,your reactiond and feedback!
I think I am living and working like everything is normal with me. But it isn't...
I have to learn to say no and make my limits clear to others  :-[
It is indeed a interpersonal journey..
Sometimes I like to drink a glass of wine and then inmediately I feel my normal self again.
Only 1 or 2 in a week. That maybe not good , but than I can calm down for a while.
I am looking forward to old years eve and med free, jippppppie.
Next week last appointment with my doctor before EOT.
I week working and than holidays  :)
Thank you all and wish you also relaxation and a quite mind and soul.
Madelief
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 05:14:59 pm by Madelief »
start Harvoni 11-02-2015 (november)
Bloodtest 11-09-2015 alt 45 (before treatment 145)
8 weeks treatment
F1
Bloodworks 11-23-2015
HCV not detectable!!!
Rest of the numers in a normal range : ))))

Offline Else

• Appeal, appeal, and appeal again!
Best to you, Madelief.  Only 12 more days so congratulations!!!  It sounds like Harvoni has been too activating for you.  On the bright side, that means it has been working in your system.  I think you'll find that the end of treatment will likely be the end of your side-effects.  AND the end of your HCV!!!  Not a bad trade-off.

By all means, set your own limits right now.  You deserve whatever time and/or space you need right now.
F/53 yr
diagnosed 1995
Genotype 1a
ALT: 58 AST: 39 ALK: 105
Viral load 4,201,950 IU/ml
Fibroscan 6.5 (F1-F2) Fibrosure 0.36 (F1-F2)
Treatment-naive
After 3 denials, finally approved!
Harvoni 12 wks - start date 9/15/15
4 wk labs 10/14/15
ALT: 12 AST: 16 ALK: 85
HCV Not Detected!!!
8 wk labs 11/10/15
ALT: 13  AST: 15  ALK: 77
12 wk (EOT!) labs 12/8/15
ALT: 11 AST: 15 ALK: 78
HCV Not Detected!!!
10wk posttx labs 2/11/16
ALT: 22 AST: 17 ALK: 61
HCV Not Detected!! SVR10!!!
SVR10 (99.7% Cured!!!)

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.