Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 02:48:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 122
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 115
Total: 115

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Liver pain at night  (Read 11481 times)

Offline Tess

Liver pain at night
« on: August 12, 2014, 03:09:05 pm »
This is week five of S&O treatment. at night my liver hurts quite a bit. I drink water with lemon in it. A friend told me citrus was hard on the liver, is that true. My other favorite drink is sparkling water with mint leaves. Could either of these drinks be contributing to my pain? Other the that and the brain fog I'm doing fine. Good luck to all and thanks for your replies.
Tess

Offline rainbowray

• Gen 1B
Re: Liver pain at night
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 04:03:28 pm »
Hi Tess,
I don't know about the mint or sparkling water, but lemon is very good for the liver.
It will help clean, in the morning is best with water.  Stuff with lots of sugar can cause the liver to work, and during this treatment time the liver is having a bad enough time processing the drugs we are taking. I am on sol/rib on week 6 and my liver will have pain once in a while. It has subsided in the last few weeks, so ridding the virus will take a toll off it. you are probably undetected by now. Ask your doctor but I think just watching your diet will help alot, and the pain will subside in time.
Also, I started at Stage 3 fibrosis bridging, so I have no scarring. don't know what your stage is as that can be a factor.

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 11:04:03 pm »
Hi teas its ME again,lately MY liver has been kicking my butt especially at night and I have that lump again,like someone else said,our livers are inflamed so it's the MEDS working on us, my back itches tonight,could you scratch it? Of course I am only kidding but it does.. maybe I am GOING into week 5 cause I think we started around the same time,I dont really keep track LIKE I did(day to day) I just do my blood thing from dates  I'm suppose to AND theres a two week gap in between BEFORE I see Dr. About results. Take care. Ps I can't drink lemonade because I get heartburn and I was pounding down tea in the beginning and I forgot I am sensitive to caffeine so I was zinging and sleep was tough LIKE it is now. Oh well an hour a time is fine,HEY buddy we are cursing right on by ,,so we keep our heads high,  Willie g

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 10:29:28 am »
Tess - those drinks are unlikely to be causing the problem. Livers with hep C do what livers with hep C do - expand and contract.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline Tess

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 10:42:01 pm »
I recived a letter from doctor today, the hep c is no longer detectable in my blood! Thank to all who have helped me on this forum. I will add details about my blood report as soon as I understand it.
Tess

Offline rainbowray

• Gen 1B
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 11:31:48 pm »
Hey Tess,
Nice Job!!! Bet there is no quit in you.
You are to be commended.

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 12:48:56 am »
Congratulations Tess!
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.