Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 12:23:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6309
  • Latest: Vicki
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 174
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 165
Total: 165

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: HarvoniNewbie  (Read 5628 times)

Offline pdiane

HarvoniNewbie
« on: July 13, 2015, 12:55:33 pm »
Hi, I'm 51-F, an today will be my 2nd day using the new harvoni drug.  I was really, really apprehensive using this as I am post user of Interferon,ribavirin/incivek. These 3 almost took me out and the doctor kept me on longer than i needed to be.  That was about 4 years ago and my body hasn't felt right since.  Albeit, I'm excited to hear about harvoni, I am afraid.  Anyone a newbie please share all experiences.

Offline Redbird29

• I've seen the needle and the damage done.....
Re: HarvoniNewbie
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 07:24:49 pm »
Hi PDiane!
   Welcome to the Harvoni Tx train!! I am not exactly a "newbie" now as I am on my 19th day of treatment but I will tell you that you should be in for a smooth ride. I have had almost no side effects and many benefits even with the short duration I have been taking them.
   The sides I only had the first 2 days - slight headache, mild nausea and I could "taste" the medication in my throat. I drank lots of water, made sure I ate and that took care of them.
    For the benefits - well, I no longer have joint pains, my skin is clearing up and I have so much more energy than I did.
     I never had any other treatments so I have nothing to compare this with. All I can  say is that I hope you have the same experience that I am and are on your way to healing and health!
~Robin
Infected - late 70's /early 80's
GT - 1a

Fibrosure 1/2015 - F1-2
TX Naive - Harvoni 8 wks

SOT 6/25/15  VL - 468,000        AST-44  ALT-56       
EOT  8/19/15  VL-  Not Detected AST-21  ALT-30
1 YEAR POST TX - UNDETECTED AST 20 ALT 22
2 YEAR POST TX - UNDETECTED AST 15 ALT 18

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 07:44:46 pm »
Ditto what Robin said, pdiane. I just have 2 more weeks to go in a 12-week treatment of Harvoni+Ribavirin. And even with the Ribavirin to contend with (which you don't have), I cannot say I have had any real problems apart from my plummeting hemoglobin due to the riba-induced anemia.

I feel fine, and have actually felt considerable improvement in my overall state of wellness since about Day 5. The Harvoni works very quickly. Most of the virus is gone by the first week. And for many of us, our bodies feel much better as soon as that happens. I noticed a big improvement in energy, mood, mental clarity and happiness.

Good luck, and don't worry too much about side effects that have not yet occurred and that may never manifest in your own case.

best,
Kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline Trish1

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 07:59:42 pm »
Hi Pdiane!   ;D  Welcome to our very exclusive club!!  Tomorrow I start week 4 of 8 weeks total.  Only side effects I've noticed have been a twinge of a headache now and then  -  no biggie - it goes away after you drink some water - a little upset stomach after I take the pill - no biggie - it goes away pretty quick.  Tips I can share that have helped me is that at work I have set up little reminder alarms to go off every few hours to remind me to drink another glass of water.  I get about 3 - 16 ounce glasses down during the work day (I am not a big water fan, LOL) and when I get home I have discovered flavored sparkling water!  YUM!  My favorite is Schweppes Black Cherry Seltzer water!  I can down about 3 cans in the evening.  Your going to do just fine, nothing to be afraid of!  Looking forward to seeing your progress as we travel along on this ride!!
Age 51
Infected 1983
GT 1a
VL 5.1m 
Bx 2004 - Grd 1 Stg 1 
Tx naive
Metavir Score 5/26/15 - F0-F1
Started Harvoni 6/23/2015 (8 wks)
4wk (during tx) - detected <15
8 wk EOT - undetected
4 wk after tx - undetected - SVR4
12 wk after tx - undetected - SVR12

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.