Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 12:12:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6309
  • Latest: Vicki
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 182
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 184
Total: 184

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Undetectable @ 12 weeks, 12 to go and caregiving, why am I so down?  (Read 8205 times)

Offline bepper

Hello, First, I am finally HepC undetectable!! I've waited so long to be able to say that!! I was feeling a little sad that others where showing UD so early in treatment, so I stopped comparing. I've been away from this board for a little while, reading everything I can find trying to understand Hep C, HCC and cirrhosis to help my long suffering hubby. After all this reading, I still don't know how to help him. I should be jumping for joy, I am undetectable and hope to stay UD.

I guess not having my hubby of 37+ years awake (for more than a few hours on Christmas) to share in my joy has me really down today. We got his results the day before Christmas Eve, his previously treated liver tumor is not gone, it is larger.
Luckily, he has an apt with his liver Dr tomorrow. I'm sure we'll leave with a short term treatment plan, but more often we leave with more questions. The Dr says things like, "how'd you like to start treating your Hep C?" then it doesn't happen. When I ask how his liver is functioning, he told me this past summer, "not too good" only to now say he didn't say that as it is functioning well!
We're awaiting the last Dr report to come in for him to hopefully be placed on the transplant list. So, with luck we will navigate the world of liver transplant and he will get a new liver.
Does anyone that has HCC and cirrhosis sleep for days/weeks on end? Did you find anything that helped? I've read about diet, but a person has to want to eat. He's just not hungry. I don't even know what my concerns should be anymore.

Between the side effects of the meds, sleeping hubby, the snow and cold, I've never felt so alone in my life. Thank you to all who post here, I've been quiet busy catching up and am so grateful to all who have taken the time to post.

bepper
Dx: 1985 non a-non b Hep
Dx: over next 20 yrs "your body has cleared the virus on it's own, never worry again"

July 2014 Dx: Hep C GT3
ALANINE AMINOTRANSFE   0 - 33 U/L   72   H
ASPARTATE AMINOTRANS   0 - 32 U/L   88   H
HCV QUANTITATIVE viral load   5678036

Started Sol/Rib Oct 9, 2014
UD @ week 4 of TX
Completed tx 3/20/15

Hubby: Successfully tx in 2005
June 2014 Re-dx GT3
Cirrhosis of liver without mention of alcohol
Hepatocellular carcinoma

Liver transplant 3/2015

New life for both!?

Offline CE

• Genotype 3. Sovaldi & Ribavirin 24 weeks.
Re: Undetectable @ 12 weeks, 12 to go and caregiving, why am I so down?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 10:34:50 pm »
First of all, congrats on being UD! I was late getting on the UD boat too! But we did!! So sorry to hear about your poor hubby. You both have and are going through so much. I pray things turn around for you and you will be cured and healthy to help your husband in his new journey. I think the weather has everyone down. But you are half way there! I have another 14 weeks. But just think, it will be spring when we're done! Much joy ahead! May God bless you both. Take care.
Chris
Chris :)
Diagnosed July 2014
Genotype 3
Viral load of 950,000
Most likely from blood transfusion in 1978
Treatment started November 2014
Sovaldi and Ribavirin for 24 weeks
End of treatment April 2015
SVR12 July 2015!!!!!!
SVR24 October 2015!!!!!
Cured!!!! Praise the Lord!!

Offline bepper

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 09:18:59 am »
Thank you for your kind words CE. It's a wonder what kind words, a good nights sleep and waking up to sunshine can do for the soul. I'm feeling much better emotionally, and even physically today.

When I think back to last winter, how happy I was for a reason to sleep (not knowing I had Hep C, just thought everyone slept in the winter) what a huge difference! Life really can be good. The bone tiredness is gone, the appetite is coming back slowly. Sovaldi has really been a miracle drug for me so far.

We are off to hubby's liver Dr this morning, the only thing he gets out of bed for anymore. Hopefully, he'll have something to say today. Hubby is even discouraged with the lack of info we've received on things like diet and prognosis. Anything I think I know about liver diet has come from the net and a cartoon drawing of what hubby's plate (and mine) should look like

Have a great day CE and all to my fellow HepC survivors.

bepper
Dx: over next 20 yrs "your body has cleared the virus on it's own, never worry again"

UD @ week 4 of TX
Completed tx 3/20/15

June 2014 Re-dx GT3
Hepatocellular carcinoma

Liver transplant 3/2015

New life for both!?

Offline badbradley

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 10:18:35 am »
bepper,              Great to see you're UNDETECTED!  Always encouraging to see others' positive results. I hope you receive some hopeful news for your husband today.  Sun is shining bright here this morning also. Best part of the day!
                               Best wishes        Brad
Geno 1a
Sov/Oly 12wks - relapse
Har/Riba 12wks
Alt-16  Ast-17 SVR - 12
Alt-15  Ast-14 SVR - 24

Offline Picnic

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 02:55:44 pm »
Hi Bepper,
I had cirrhosis and HCC. As I waited to get on the list I had an ablation to keep the tumor small. Then 2 months later it came back larger(Sept 2005). Thank God the interventional radiologist took me immediately for another ablation as I was on the transplant list from July 2005. Thank God that ablation held down the size of the tumor until I receive my new liver in Nov 2005. I have16 more days of Sovaldi and Olysio to complete 24 weeks. SVR 24 here I come. Keep positive as I never thought I would make it this far and now I am planning a Hep free retirement with grand children and all.!!
Larry

Offline bepper

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 05:54:32 pm »
Wow, what a happy story Larry! Congrats on your new liver (and short wait time, too!) So happy for you. You are the first transplant person I've heard from. We had a dear friend that passed away six months following his liver transplant at the young age of 42 back in the mid 90's, so that's the only story we've had to go on so far.

Hubby's visit today was more informative than priors. An ultrasound to see if the tumor is reachable for radiation therapy scheduled for next week, as well as the decision to place him on the transplant list should be coming soon. His HepC meds have been ordered but the insurance co is dragging their feet due to cost and holidays.

Your story was just what I needed to hear today Larry, thanks so much for posting. Enjoy the grands, ours sure keep us going, they are the best! Our oldest granddaughter put a new liver for her papa on her list to Santa as her only request this year. She's so thoughtful, I didn't even think of that one!

Have a great weekend,
bepper

UD @ week 4 of TX
Completed tx 3/20/15

June 2014 Re-dx GT3
Hepatocellular carcinoma

Liver transplant 3/2015

New life for both!?

Offline BattleTheBeast

• Female, 57 - SVR12 as of 7/23/15!!
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 06:10:44 pm »
Hi Bepper!

Happy New Year, you are undetected in 2015! That means change is in the works for you and your hubby! Keep thinking positive and try to keep your spirits up. It's so hard some days, I get that. I fight it as well and some days I don't even want to talk to anyone. Winter is the worst and it's hard when you can't even go for a walk!

Get those grandkids over, maybe break out a puzzle and you can all work on it together even with Grandpa!

Mel
~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,
Week 4 VL <15 AST 20 - ALT 27 Bili .9
Week 9 - switched to Harvoni VL UD!! AST 20 ALT 19

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
SVR 12 is 7/23/15 ACHIEVED!!! 
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.