Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:46:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 230
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 195
Total: 195

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Side effects of Sovaldi/Olysio  (Read 11077 times)

Offline Tess

Side effects of Sovaldi/Olysio
« on: July 31, 2014, 03:25:32 pm »
This is my first time posting on this forum, I hope I do this correct. I've been on the Sovaldi/Olysio treatment for almost four weeks. I have a burning of the skin on my upper back, anyone else experience this?
Tess

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: Side effects of Sovaldi/Olysio
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 11:11:42 pm »
Although this isn't the most common form of photosensitivity, this may be the cause since this is a common adverse event with Olysio. Quite a few people on this forum have had some skin problems, and you might review some of the other posts on the forum. Ask your doc about this. If it is photosensitivity, here is some info:  http://blogs.hepmag.com/lucindakporter/2014/06/hepatitis_c_treatmen_1.html
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 10:32:11 am »
HEY TESS, YES, WHEN I HAVE BEEN OUTSIDE [NOT ALOT OUTSIDE BUT I NEED TO DO MORE] AND I HAVE BEEN COVERED MY BACK DOES GET ITCHY AND FEELS GRAINY, NOT PERMANENT BUMPS BUT JUST GRAINY, I WIPE IT OFF WITH A TOWEL AND A LITTLE HYDROPWROXIDE, AND THAT HAS HELPED ME, LIKE WHEN YOU GET OUT OF BATH OR SHOWER HOW YOU DO THAT TWO HANDED SWIPE WITH BOTH HANDS AND TOWELL  HA HA I THINK I AM TAKING THIS TO ANOTHER LEVEL[GOOD OLD WILLIE BOYS MERRY GOROUND MIND LOL] BUT IMPORTANTLY I MOISTEN IT WITH A COOL BIG TOWEL BEFORE I DO AND THAT HELPS.  IM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT LOVE TO WEAR BLACK SO AS IM WRITING THIS IM THINKING, EH, MAYBE I SHOULD TRY WEARING MORE WHITE OR LIGHTER COLORS WHEN OUTSIDE,CAUSE BLACK SURE ABSORBS THE SUN, HAVE A GOOD ONE, TIME FOR ME TO GO LIE DOWN, I WENT TO A NIGHT WEDDING LAST NIGHT,[WHICH I ALMOST TALKED MY SELF OUT OF BECAUSE OF MY PARANOID MIND OF PEOPLE [FRIENDS, AQUAINTANCES] THINKING OF THE QUESTIONS THEY MAY HAVE, BUT YA KNOW IM GLAD I WENT, I HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME AND AT WEDDINGS I USEUALLY LIKE TO GET A LITTLE BOOZED UP BUT OF COURSE I COULDNT, AND YES A FEW PEOPLE ASKED ABOUT MY CONDITION ETC. BUT IT WAS NICE TO HEAR SOME NICE FEEDBACK. IM ONE THAT LIKES TO GIVE AND NOT RECIEVE BUT THE OLDER I GET I HAVE TO REMEBER OF HOW GOOD IT FEELS FOR ME TO GIVE SO IN RETURN I SHOULD GIVE THE PERSON ON THE OTHER END THE SAME FEELING INSTEAD OF SAYING;OH, NO NO IM GOOD I DONT NEED THAT OR NO.IM FEELING FINE AND GO ON MY WAY BUT FOR ONCE IT FELT GOOD TO HAVE SORTA THE SHOE ON THE OTHER FOOT.. HAVE A GOOD DAY,, AND TO ALL ELSE.. GET OUT THERE, HAVE SOME FUN! ITS STILL THERE!  BUT RIGHT NOW I DO ENJOY THE NIGHT GIGS I AM BEGINING TO SEE LOL  WILLIE G

Offline Tess

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 04:58:39 pm »
Dear Iporterrn, Thank you for your reply. I have indeed read almost every post on this site, especially those pertaining to sun poisoning.  I'm of Irish decent and can not tolerate the sun even without Sovaldi/Olysio. I did buy the Vanicream sunscreen, thank you for the suggestion. The burning sensation I had on my back progressed to my neck before subsiding. It was uncomfortable to have a shirt or a necklace on my skin. Very glad it has passed and no one else has experienced the discomfort. Other then that I'm feeling great! Willie G, I'm glad you are in good spirits and thank you for the update. I'm excited and grateful to be part of this history making treatment. This chat group is great, thank you every one for the support.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 05:00:18 pm by Tess »
Tess

Offline FRED220

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 05:28:18 pm »
Hello Tess, where you out in the sun for a long period of time or not at all?

Offline Tess

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 01:48:42 am »
Yes, I had two days in a row that my work required I be out in the sun. But i was fully clothed. The skin discomfort started on my lower back moving up. When I was in the sun I recall thinking, the sun was burning my back through my clothing.
Tess

Offline FRED220

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 06:46:09 pm »
I work inside with a/c and will be staying out of sun as much as possible.  I will do everything at night. Thanks for letting me know and wishing you SVR.

Offline hopefulAries

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 10:20:36 pm »
Hi Tess, When I first started s/o treatment, I would have itchy skin-nothing severe. I had a rash on my skin, but nothing severe here neither. Then all went south when I started my second bottle. I don't get itchy skin or the rash, I have much more severe side effects now.

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 08:54:41 pm »
Man this side effect thing made me change my profile picture. Willie g

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 11:17:48 pm »
Willie - I love the new profile
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.