Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 11:34:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6309
  • Latest: Vicki
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 236
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 190
Total: 190

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: cough , breathing , almost like an asthma sort of issue  (Read 8382 times)

Offline virgha828

cough , breathing , almost like an asthma sort of issue
« on: August 16, 2014, 03:40:07 am »
Hi

Ive had this horrible cough and sensitivity to humidity. Sometimes just speaking when imIM outside in the heat and humidity throws me into coughing attack.  My granddaughter got into the car with perfume on and i  lterally could barely breath! Its like my bronchials are messed up also a wraspy voice. Anyone have this issue ?  I am getting a chest xray monday  i hops this is a temporary side effect i just started week 3 S/R.

Keeping the faith .... Virginia

Offline rainbowray

• Gen 1B
Re: cough , breathing , almost like an asthma sort of issue
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 08:23:27 am »
Ask your doctor, but I believe shortness of breath is a symptom of beginning anemia, when taking sol/riba. Check the blood work, if this is it you cannot let it get too low.

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
  • Contracted Hep C in 76, treated 2004 & 2012, cured
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 10:49:34 am »
Hello,

I would urge any and all of us to call the medical practice immediately if you are in treatment and anything changes that makes you uncomfortable. You (or your insurance company) are paying a decent amount for this treatment so the medical staff needs to be available for questions or to quickly schedule you for a visit.

Online searches and this forum are wonderful resources but can never replace the surety of your 'hands on' medical professional.  During my 2012 treatment I got crazy scared when my stool became dark & discolored, thought I was bleeding, called my PA at LifeLink, she had me right in and soon speculated it was the fact I had upped my intake of steamed leafy green spinach to try and keep my blood count up and nothing else.  I was crazy embarrassed, but walked out of there a whole lot more at ease.  She wonderfully told me to call her with ANY questions.

These treatments are doing many things to your bodily functions and emotions, and in vastly different ways in different people. Don't try to decide whether a worry you have needs to bother your doctor's office, that is what they are there for! 

Keep getting cured!  -jack

Offline virgha828

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 12:51:07 pm »
Ty both. I have an xray on monday. I was curious as to anyone having this same issue. Having this disease for over 20 years i do realize the importance of being connected  with medical help for out of the ordinary issues especially on treatment.

This forum , for me, is a connection to others going through allot of the same trials and successes I'm going through and it's just that, a much needed connection and place to go for support. With that being said, all have a wonderful Saturday!

Thanks to you all for being here!

Virginia :)

Offline Mike

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 02:23:02 pm »
Hi Virgina,

I developed a cough while on SOL+INTF+RIBV. I did a little research and RIBV can cause a cough (they call it the Ribvirin cough).

Jack is right, however, check in with your doctor to make sure.

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline virgha828

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 12:52:51 pm »
Update.....
Chest xray clear!!! Just the ugly Riba cough. Doc scribed an albuterol puffer to try with some tussin.

:)

Offline Mike

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 02:12:03 pm »
Hi Virginia,

I'm glad it wasn't something real serious. I had the Riba cough for about 8 weeks. It used to wake me up at night. It'll go away, however.

Best wishes, Mik
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.