Hepatitis Forums

Hepatitis B Main Forums => Hepatitis B => Topic started by: jpcentral on October 29, 2016, 10:07:07 am

Title: just infected
Post by: jpcentral on October 29, 2016, 10:07:07 am
Dear friends, II hope you are doing well and had a peaceful night or day.

I ‘am 34 years old now, Its been 3 weeks since I got diagnosed with acute hepatitis B. My doctor tells me its a recent infection for what the test show.

I ‘am still frustrated to learn that there is a vaccine available that prevents HBV, unfortunately  I live in a 3rd world country where that kind of information is not promoted.

I ‘am feeling fine, just for the itching that can be really stressful, my skin has a tone of yellow but there is no fever, or pain till now (my doctor prescribed Allegra for the itching).

I keep on reading that there is a 90% chance that my body will get rid of the virus by its own, but I still have doubts what determines the other 10% (just got tested  negative for HIV, not a heavy drinker, exercise regularly, and most of the time I eat healthy).

The doubt and anxiety about how this is going to develop came because I had my 3rd lab tests and they where not as good as my second results (this ones showed all the enzymes and bilirubin down). Although my doctor told me he was feeling confident and it was normal, I am a very objective person and I don’t understand why this time the some of the enzymes where higher.

If there is someone with some knowledge that can help me figure out the results, here they are:

                                    07/10/2016   14/10/2016         28/10/2016
total bilirubin                          4.2                2.43             3.74
direct bilirubin                          2.82                2.14             3.05
indirect bilirubin                          1.38                0.29             0.68
Alkaline Phosphatase (40-130)*     163 UL        205 UL                182 UL
GGT (0.00-71.00)*                       148 UL          99 UL                  70 UL
SGOT (0.00-40.00)*                       990 UL      639.1 UL           1259.80 UL
ALAT (0.0-55.00)*                  2830 UL       1611 UL           2235.50 UL


Another doubts I have are:
1.- my doctor told me that at this point I will not produce the HBsAb.
2.- results for HBe antigen and antibodies are both negative.
3.- with such high SGOT and ALAT, what are the chances of liver failure or damage?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment it.
Title: Re: just infected
Post by: Lynn K on October 29, 2016, 10:44:17 pm
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Unfortunately hep b test results are very complicated for lay persons to interpret and best explained by your health care professional.

It sounds like you have a good doctor best of luck to you and hoping you are one of the 90% who beat the virus.
Title: Re: just infected
Post by: jpcentral on October 30, 2016, 12:03:29 am
thank you for taking the time to reply :)

best of luck for you too.
Title: Re: just infected
Post by: lporterrn on December 02, 2016, 03:51:55 pm
Your age works in your favor and you are likely to clear this and be immune for life - hope all works out favorably