Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 10:02:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55130
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 164
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 48
Total: 48

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Medication interactions  (Read 9277 times)

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Medication interactions
« on: July 13, 2014, 11:20:45 am »
Those of you on hep C treatment, be sure to talk to your medical provider about potential drug and supplement interactions. Many drugs interact with the new hep C meds, but even if they interact, this can be managed by not taking the meds within a certain window of each other.

This site helped me: http://www.hep-druginteractions.org/ If you find a potential interaction, talk to your medical provider. Do not stop taking a med just because it is listed - that is a decision that needs medical advice.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
Re: Medication interactions
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 11:07:21 pm »
THAT SITE IS EXELLENT ,JUST ABOUT ANY DRUG, ILLLEGAL,LEGAL,VITAMINS, HERBS, ANTIDEPRESENTS ETC. ETC. IS THERE.IF YOUR ON ANYTHING AND YOUR STARTING TREATMENT OR IF YOUR HAVING COMPLICATIONS ON YOUR TREATMENT REGIMENT YOU WILL MOST LIKELY FIND OUT THE SCOOP, WHEN YOU GO TO SITE ON TOP JUST HIT "ALL INTERACTIONS" AND A LIST WILL POP UP.SCROLL DOWN TO SEE ALL. THE NEW SOFO DRUG SEEMS TO BE THE BEST[I DIDNT SPELL THE WHOLE SOFO DRUGS NAME OUT BECAUSE OF MY SPELLING ]BUT YOU WILL SEE THE SOFO DRUG IS THE BEST AS FAR AS INTERACTIONS GO.GO TO THAT SITE, YOUR MISFORTUNE IF YOU DONT. GOOD RESEARCH LUCIINDA! THANK YOU WILLIE G

Offline willie g

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 11:18:10 pm »
ITS SFOSBUIVAR THAT HAS LEAST SIDE EFFECTS AS FAR AS ALL OTHERS. LUCINDA IS THAT A NEW ONE THATS LIKE SOLVADI ETC. I LL GO BACK ON SITE TO LOOK BUT I WOULD LIKE YOUR INTAKE ON IT.FO;KS IM TELLING YOU ITS A GREAT SITE, ALOT OF THE NEW POSTS WILL HAVE ANSWERS THERE'

GO GO GO WILLIE G

Offline willie g

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 11:47:07 pm »
DIRECTING ANTIVIRAL  IS THE SOFO DRUG PLUS THERES OTHERS DAAS   NOT WITH THE SOLVADI DRUGS ETC.  YOULL SEE JUST GO TO THAT SITE AND AT TOP HIT HCV DAAS ALL. MY TENSION SPAN OR ATTENTION SPAN IS NOT GOOD. I KEEP GOING BACK AND FORTH TO SITE TO GET RIGHT SPELLINGS AND ABREVIATIONS BUT SFOETC. IS A ANTIVIRAL DRUG AS FAR AS I CAN SEE .LET ME KNOW WHAT YOUR TAKE IS ON IT FOLKS BUT I SHOULD SOON BE STARTING TREATMENT,SOON, BUT AS I STATED IN A EARLIER POST THEY CALLED, SAID THEY HAVE MY 12000000 VIRAL LOAD MY OTHER WHICH IS 7.1 AND ALL OTHER INFO REGARDING HEP B HEP C , BUT THEY SAID SOMEHOW WE DONT HAVE YOUR GENO TYPE? THAT SEEMED CRAZY TO ME BECAUSE IT SAYS IN A AREA GENO 1 MAYBE BECAUSE THEY SAW ALL THE OTHER MEDS I WAS ON OR WANTED TO SEE IF I WAS A DRINKER ETC. ETC. I WAS LOOKING AT IT NEGATIVELY ABOUT IT BEFORE BECAUSE I FELT "HOW IN THE HELL DID THEY MISPLACE MY GENO TYPE AND HERE ALL ALONG IVE BEEN STUDYING GENO 1 WHEN IT COULD BE ANOTHER GENO!] BUT HEY, JUST THINK IF THEY HAD STARTED ME ON THE WRONG COMBO OF DRUGS FOR MY TREATMENT IF THEY HAD NOT CHECKED MY BLOOD AGAIN. SO EITHER WAY IM LUCKY,LIKE US ALL I WANTED TO START THIS TREATMENT YESTERDAY LOL BUT NOT LOL IN AWAY .I TALK ABOUT FAITH AND HOW EVERYTHING IS GOING LIKE THIS FOR A REASON. SO ALL I HAVE TO DO IS APPLY MY OWN GOOD THOUGHTSLOL  LIKE YOU GUYS SAY HANG IN THERE WILLIE [WHICH IVE APPRECIATED] SO IM HANGING BUT NOT WITH A ROPE ANYMORE.[JUST A SOSO JOKE BUT YOUKNOW WHAT I MEAN,SOMETIMES IT FEELS THAT WAY]  LATER FOR NOW  WILLIE G

Offline willie g

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 12:39:00 am »
WELL THIS IS WHY IM NOT A DR.  SOFO DRUG I HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT IS SOLVADI,  HEY AT LEAST IM TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT, SORRY ABOUT SCREWD UP INFO. MAKES SINCE SOFVIUOBIN [SPELLING STILL STINKS] IS A ANTIVIRAL SO ITS SOLVADI WITH THE LEAST INTERACTION SIDE EFFECT DRUG IF I DID MY HOMEWORK RIGHT TJIS TIME. PLEASE PUT ME IN CHECK WHEN IM WRONG. I DO AND WILL NEED THE "FACTS"  MY HD[HIGH DEFINTION LOL\ HDD, BIPOLAR DD ETC.  CAN BE OFF THE CHARTS SOMETIMES AND ITS HARD TO SLOW DOWN AND IN MANY CASES ITS HARD TO SPEED UP. MAN IM ITCHING TONIGHT, EVEN MY PALMS. MAYBE I HAVE MONEY COMING MY WAY! REALLY THOUGH THIS ITCHING CAN BE A PAIN IN THE ARSE ALOT!

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 01:21:52 pm »
It is amazing that anyone can keep these drug names straight. You are learning a lot Willie!
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline willie g

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 07:56:16 pm »
today is Monday, well good news .I was told today after I called I am geno 1, so with that out of the way I said what now?reply from caregiver,"your all set. I sent the paperwork to cvs/caremaker and you should receive drugs tomorrow," what drugs, may I ask? he said solvadi and oylisio, iam pumped those seem to be the best by everyones posts. buttttttttttt just for shits and giggles with all that's happened with this approval thing I called cvs/the pharmaceutical company .they said, "oh yes we received your paperwork but we cant process it because your caregiver didn't answer question 7." WHAT!!!  "YES SIR ,ITS THE QUESTION ABOUT PREVIOUS TREATMENTS, RESULTS ETC." I HAVE HAD NO PREVIOUS TREATMENTS I EXPLAINED SO HE SAID "WELL HE SHOULD OF STATED IT, OK GOODBYE I SAID AND IMMEADEATLY CALLED BRIAN AND THEY SAID CAN YOU HOLD? AND MY REPLY WAS "YA KNOW I HAVE BEEN  HOLDING WITH YOU FOLKS FROM DAY ONE LISTENING TO YOUR MUSIC IN THE BACKGROUND AND IM SORRY BUT THIS IS AN EMERGENCY AND I CANT HOLD! WELL THAT WORKED THANK GOD AND BRIAN WAS NOW ON PHONE, "HEY,YA KNOW BRIAN YOU SAID I WOULD HAVE MEDS TOOMMORROW?" YA, HE SAID,LIKE WHAT NOW, I M SICK OF YOU CALLING [HE DIDNT SAY IT BUT THATS THE TONE HE WAS GIVING ME.] WELL BRIAN,'YOU' FORGOT TO ANSWER QUESTION 7? SO, HE SAID, IT DOESNT PERTAIN TO YOU?  WELL BRIAN I CALLED CVS JUST TO SEE IF EVERYTHING WAS AGO LIKE YOU SAID AND GUESS WHAT? UNTIL YOU FILL OUT QUESTION 7, PUT NA OR WHATEVER I AM NOT RECIEVING MY MEDS TOMMORROW!!!  OK WILL. IM SORRY ILL GET RIGHT ON IT.[I THINK HE SINCED IF I COULD COME THRU THE PHONE RIGHT NOW, ID CHOKE YOUR CHICKEN THROAT INCOMPATANT ASS!!} I THEN SAID PLEASE!! CALL ME BACK AS SOON AS YOU HAVE FAXED IT!  WELL HE DID AND TO BE SAFE AGAIN I CALLED CVS TO TALK TO JASON WHO I CALLED EARLIER BECAUSE HE SAID AS SOON AS HE HAS ANSWERED THAT YOU WILL BE AGO .AHHH,WOULNT YOU KNOW HE HAD LEFT FOR THE DAY, BUTTT I HAVE HIS CELLPHONE NUMBER BECAUSE HE FELT FOR ME AND HAD KNOWN ABOUT ALL THE STUFF I HAVE BEEN THRU.  SO MY FRIENDS TO BE POLITE AT 9AM TOMMORROW DURING HIS BUISNESS HOURS HE IS GOING TO BE GETTING A DINGALING AND WHEN ALL SAID AND DONE I HOPE I CAN SAY THANKYOU AND 'I will be getting them tomorrow, right? and BY THE GRACE OF GOD HE SHOULD SAY YES YOU MY FRIEND WILL.  WHEN I HEAR THAT I AM GOING TO GRAB MY SLEEPING BAG AND SLEEP NEXT TO THE MAILBOX!!LOL WOW, SO IAM SO CLOSEEE AND SO LUCKY AND I HOPE MY NEXT POST WILL BE,"JUST TOOK MEDS ,ILL LET YOU CARING FOLKS KNOW DAY TO DAY HOW ITS GOING, THX SO MUCH ALL OF YOU AND LIKE I POSTED BEFORE YOU ARE GIVEN THE BOAT AND OARS BUT IF  "YOU" DONT 'ROW' THE BOAT YOU MAY BE WAITING AWHILE. STAY ON TOP OF THEM AND TRY TO USE YOUR ;NICEY VOICE;    TO MAKE ALONG STORY SHORT WILLIE G LOL  YAHOOO  SO CLOSE!
?

Offline lpoioi

• Online Pharmacy
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 11:05:53 am »
Right, always ask your doctor for proper treatment and medication.  Especially about drugs before taking it.  Drug interaction may limit the effectiveness of one another.
For your Health | http://ezbuyrx.com

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.