Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2024, 09:29:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55130
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 231
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 100
Total: 100

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: sinus headache/pain  (Read 8061 times)

Offline Tpropane

• Heal the past by living in the present.
sinus headache/pain
« on: March 02, 2015, 10:37:49 pm »
My headaches haven't been all that bad but when I do get one I find the worst pain is mostly centered in my sinus area. I don't have a cold or stuffy nose just assuming it is a Harvoni headache. Reading a lot of the posters here it seems some do have similar symptoms with regard to headache. (Hep c hiding in my sinus?) Talked to my doc. He said no problem with the occasional Tylenol sinus. I usually only take 1. (They come in a little blister pak of 2 pills) The are light green Not day, not night, not sinus plus cough, cold, severe or any other words or any other symptoms. They are plain Tylenol Sinus. I find that 1 does the trick. I mostly have these headaches at bedtime or in the morning. Again pushing lots of water which helps the headache as well.
Just sharing.
Best to all warriors. 18 weeks to go...seems like a long time but time is whizzing by.
TPropane
Hep C 1A / TT diagnosed 2009
Non Responder Boceprevir/riba/peg 2011
F-4 Cirrhosis
TX Harvoni 24 weeks started 1/20/15
2 week labs VL 174!
4 week labs UNDETECTED !
8 week labs UNDETECTED !

Offline Islandgirl

• Started Harvoni 12/3/14 - EOT 2/25/15
Re: sinus headache/pain
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 09:37:17 am »
Tpropane, that's exactly where I get my headaches; also at the same times as yours.  Even though I finished my 12 wk treatment 2/25/15, I'm still getting the headaches and some aches, joint pain, occasional depression, but am concentrating on staying positive....  The water does help and it really does the trick with night time leg cramps!  I'll try the Tylenol sinus too - thanks for the tip!

The 18 weeks will be over before you know it, sending you lots of positive healing energy to speed you on your way ;)  ....Islandgirl

1b, treatment naive, positive for Hep C since 1994; thought to be transmitted via blood transfusions in 1976
Started Harvoni 12/3/14, EOT 2/25/15
12/31/14 labs - Virus Undetected, ALT/18, AST/34
3/25/15 labs - 1 mo post 12 wk Harvoni TX Virus Undetected!!  :) ....Islandgirl

Offline C-FIGHTER

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 07:08:56 pm »
Hi TPropane,

I read a previous blog of yours, Mt. Sinai, me too. Dr. Dieterich?  Glad you got your Harvoni, I am hoping to.  Waiting for support path to help. Insurance turned me down.  Good luck to you.
diagnosed 2010 Hep C
genotype 1b
HCV RNA >4000000 01/13/2015
F0-F1 04/2014
Harvoni March 20 2015 - June 11 - 12 weeks

April 14-Day 26 on Harvoni- Viral Load - UD
ALT 27    AST 27

Offline grodeestok

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 12:53:50 pm »
I've had the same experience however not daily. Just 3 or 4 times. Very manageable.

Offline Islandgirl

• Started Harvoni 12/3/14 - EOT 2/25/15
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 01:04:49 pm »
Unfortunately, my sinus headaches are still daily :(  I can tell the minute my Tylenol Sinus stops working.  Am also trying sinus irrigation and close to calling my doc again to see if he thinks we should try an antibiotic after all.  Neither he nor I are too keen on antibiotics unless really necessary. 

@C-FIGHTER  Good luck on getting your Harvoni - hang in there!

Thanks, everyone, for the help and support - glad you guys are doing well!  Hugs,  ...Islandgirl 8)
1b, treatment naive, positive for Hep C since 1994; thought to be transmitted via blood transfusions in 1976
Started Harvoni 12/3/14, EOT 2/25/15
12/31/14 labs - Virus Undetected, ALT/18, AST/34
3/25/15 labs - 1 mo post 12 wk Harvoni TX Virus Undetected!!  :) ....Islandgirl

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.