Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 08:22:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55130
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 241
  • Online Ever: 3061
  • (September 25, 2024, 11:40:40 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 144
Total: 144

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: last pill of my 8 week Harvoni treatment  (Read 11574 times)

Offline PaulG

last pill of my 8 week Harvoni treatment
« on: January 09, 2015, 03:05:13 pm »
Took my last pill today.Now the wait for 12 week blood work and then  24. Back to enjoying the great Az weather. Best of luck to all

Offline kate0b1

Re: last pill of my 8 week Harvoni treatment
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 06:00:40 pm »
oh my gosh that is so exciting, fingers crossed for you

kate

Offline gea

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 10:11:00 am »
Congrats, Paul !
I am on a 12 week course of Harvoni, just finishing week 8...  Four to go.
For some reason, I am dreading the last pill !    It feels like a security blanket to me and in just four weeks I will be without it.... crazy, but I'm sure I will feel great when I get that SVR blood work !   :-)
Diagnosed 06-2013
1-A
Started Harvoni for 12 wks 11-17-14
AST 26  ALT 34

Offline PaulG

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 10:27:51 am »
Yep I know what you mean.I was I'm a little worried if 8 weeks was enough. But worrying won't do me any good I've had this virus for 40 plus years and stopped worrying about it a long time ago. My PA told me when I was diagnosed many years ago to stay away from interferon and wait for a real cure and most of all Not to worry. The day has come and we will all be cured

Offline Harvoni_NYC

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 12:51:46 pm »
So your doc didn't do viral load tests throughout treatment?  I wanted a test every two weeks, but my doc insisted that protocol was every 4 weeks.  I am on 12 week treatment and I am currently just past 4 weeks...i promptly had my 4 week blood test and now my fingers are crossed while waiting for the results which I get this coming friday.  There is no way I would be able to go 12 weeks without knowing. 

Offline dragonslayer

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 01:11:41 pm »
My doc also didn't run 4wk tests.  He wrote my script and said 'make an appt for 6 months!'. The way it works out, that winds up being 12 wks post treatment, so that's ok.  I called up and asked his nurse to send me a lab req for eot blood work and she obliged, so at least I'll have an eot result in about 10 days.  I wonder if the rationale for less on treatment blood work is that trials showed virtually 0% viral break through while on Harvoni treatment for most groups making the test somewhat superfluous except peace of mind..  And since being UD while on treatment has zero predictive value for SVR, I can see why they might want to cut down on on-treatment bloodwork.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 02:01:36 pm by dragonslayer »
Paul

DX 2008
Started Harvoni 11/26/14 for 8 wks
Completed 8 wks Harvoni 01/20/15
EOT RNA Quant result:  Detected 29
7.5 wk post tx: Detected < LLOQ(12)
11 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR12
24 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR24; AST 26; ALT 22; ALP 73
48 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR48; AST 18; ALT 18; ALP 70
GT 1a
vl 2.4mil
2008 bpx: Stage&Grade 0
2013 bpx: Stage&Grade: 0-1
IL28B: TT
likely infected early '70s

Offline lindanola

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 01:22:28 pm »
I finished my eight week Harvoni treatment one week ago. I have had labwork twice during the eight weeks. Both times HepC virus was undetectable in my body!!! My next labs are scheduled for March. I have more energy than I've had in 35 years. I feel like a new person...

Offline PaulG

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 07:09:25 pm »
Just blood work at 4 weeks which showed 35 viral load I asked for another test at 7 weeks just to make sure. Her response was come back in April. I have all the documentation, so we shall see. But as I said earlier worrying gets you know where. Lots of new drugs coming out and as I said it's all documented. Also she didn't even have me do blood work before I started. But I feel good and and as far as I'm concerned I'm cured until a blood test proves otherwise.

Offline Mike

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 07:48:17 pm »
Congrats Paul!

Best wishes for an SVR12, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline PaulG

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 09:13:02 pm »
Thanks Mike

Offline Lukey

• Let Thy Food Be Thy Medicine
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 09:55:55 pm »
I finished my eight week Harvoni treatment one week ago. I have had labwork twice during the eight weeks. Both times HepC virus was undetectable in my body!!! My next labs are scheduled for March. I have more energy than I've had in 35 years. I feel like a new person...

Oh man, good for you!!

I'm on day 5 of 8 weeks.
Male -  HCV since 1982 - Born 1951 ~ Geno 1a

Did 8 weeks of Harvoni in 2015. Got normal AST & ALT and undetected VL by week 5, then relapsed 4 weeks post.
-----------------------------------------------------------
July 5, 2018 : began 12 weeks of Vosevi with a VL of 540,000 and AST & ALT of 65 and 105.
2 weeks in : AST 19, ALT 20
5 weeks in : AST 18, ALT 12, VL "<15 detected"
10 weeks in : AST 19, ALT 14, VL "<15 not detected"
4 weeks post : "<15 not detected"

Offline Katie

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 10:21:36 pm »
What great news!  In a couple months you can truly get on with your life.  It's a wonderful thing.  Feb 25th will be my last pill on a 12 week treatment and the time is flying by!

Katie
1 year post treatment blood work done and I am FREE!
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
VL 2.6 million (fluctuated from 2-16 million during the 9 years)
Started Tx 12/4/2014 for 12 weeks
4 week blood work  Detected 59 IU/mL
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
7.5 weeks post  Undetected
16 week post Undetected
24 WEEK POST UNDETECTED (I made it)
Waiting to feel good but feeling blessed!
12 month post treatment.  All blood work absolutely perfect! VL, as expected UNDETECTED!

Offline Katie

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 10:32:15 pm »
Fingers crossed for you Dragon Slayer!  I came back with VL of 59 @ 4 weeks and am delighted with that.  It helps to get blood work showing it is decreasing and was glad they did it.  It is reassuring and good for one's mental state.  Not another test until the 12 weeks are finished and that is fine.  I am totally jazzed!

gea:  I kinda feel that way too, about the magic orange pill, but we have to get off of it to see if it is still replicating.  If it has destroyed millions of that nasty bug in 4 weeks, how hard can it be to kill 59 in the next 8. Right?  <big Smile>

Good thoughts for all of you!

Katie
1 year post treatment blood work done and I am FREE!
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
VL 2.6 million (fluctuated from 2-16 million during the 9 years)
Started Tx 12/4/2014 for 12 weeks
4 week blood work  Detected 59 IU/mL
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
7.5 weeks post  Undetected
16 week post Undetected
24 WEEK POST UNDETECTED (I made it)
Waiting to feel good but feeling blessed!
12 month post treatment.  All blood work absolutely perfect! VL, as expected UNDETECTED!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.