Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 14, 2024, 06:08:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55130
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 197
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 74
Total: 74

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Harvoni my story of hep c.  (Read 12420 times)

Offline Geacholas

Harvoni my story of hep c.
« on: January 03, 2015, 12:04:12 pm »
Have been on Harvoni for seven weeks now.  One wicked flu within two weeks of starting.  Could not tell if it was side effects or just a cold.  I am sure it was the flu now.  Will be on Harvoni for the full twenty four weeks.
My blue cross insurance said it would cover 100% if bought through my work's pharmacy.  I am very thankful that they will be paying aproximatly $157,000 instead of me.  I do have to pay first and email the bill in, it takes about seven b. days to get the money back. 

Offline dragonslayer

Re: Harvoni my story of hep c.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 02:14:04 pm »
Geacholas... congrats on starting treatment..  Upon taking my third Harvoni tablet, I came down with a wicked cold, sore throat, coughing, feeling like sxxt for almost 2 wks.  I also thought it was a possible side effect, but since those symptoms are not listed anywhere as a recognized side effect of Harvoni, odds favored it being nothing more than a common cold.. It's been over a month since that occurred and it hasnt recurred so Im pretty sure your symptoms as well are not related to your treatment.  Best of luck achieving SVR!
Paul

DX 2008
Started Harvoni 11/26/14 for 8 wks
Completed 8 wks Harvoni 01/20/15
EOT RNA Quant result:  Detected 29
7.5 wk post tx: Detected < LLOQ(12)
11 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR12
24 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR24; AST 26; ALT 22; ALP 73
48 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR48; AST 18; ALT 18; ALP 70
GT 1a
vl 2.4mil
2008 bpx: Stage&Grade 0
2013 bpx: Stage&Grade: 0-1
IL28B: TT
likely infected early '70s

Offline Geacholas

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 12:39:34 am »
Just over half way, three months, all tests great.  Being ill twice now have not been able to tell side effects from illness.  Now that I've been well for almost two weeks it seems that insomnia is taking over.  Sleep is such a waste of time anyway.  :)

Offline PatEquack

GET NEW TOOTHBRUSH and RAZOR
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 08:21:31 pm »
Hi all. I took my last pill about 6 days ago. It just occurred to me YESTERDAY that maybe I could reinfect myself with my razor and toothbrush. I hope not but I am just suggesting that you do it toward the end of your treatment. I could kick myself for not thinking of this earlier!   :'(  Sure hope my 3 month test shows that I am still undetected.

Offline rgr

Re: GET NEW TOOTHBRUSH and RAZOR
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 03:00:50 pm »
Hi all. I took my last pill about 6 days ago. It just occurred to me YESTERDAY that maybe I could reinfect myself with my razor and toothbrush. I hope not but I am just suggesting that you do it toward the end of your treatment. I could kick myself for not thinking of this earlier!   :'(  Sure hope my 3 month test shows that I am still undetected.
I thought of the toothbrush and razors a few days after starting treatment. I bought 144 toothbrushes from Amazon dot com for a little over $10.00. I use a new one everyday. A friend that coupons gave me about 100 disposable razors. I use a new one everyday.........Roger
Geno> 1a, Stage 3 fibrosis, Started 12 week Tx January 2015, VL 15 Million.

Offline beflat10r

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 01:07:22 am »
WOW I never thought about reinfection via toothbrushes and razors.
How long does the virus last/live on things? I wonder?
Clean and sober 6/19/89
dx gt 1a 5/2000 bummer!
No treatment
Monitored via ultrasounds and bloodwork and great liver doc for last 15yrs
Totally covered for Harvoni
Started Harvoni 2/27/15
Viral load 1,476,109
Feel like I hit the lottery!

Offline kate0b1

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 06:28:47 am »
@roger, you could keep us all in razors and toothbrushes  ;), i got all new stuff when my 4 week labs came back.

kate

Offline MrMcSwifty

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 09:11:36 am »
WOW I never thought about reinfection via toothbrushes and razors.
How long does the virus last/live on things? I wonder?

Well, in the past I think it was generally thought that it didn't survive more than 4 days on exposed surfaces, but theres been a recent study that showed it can potentially survive much longer than that in ideal conditions... perhaps even more than 60 days!  Of course that's in a perfectly controlled laboratory environment - aka in a syringe or petri dish.  Very different from your bathroom sink or on your toiletries.   8)

It seems to me that the risk for reinfection via that route is incredibly slim, perhaps even zero for those on longer treatment durations (12-24wks).  I say that because I do think it makes a difference, if we assume the worst case scenario that the virus can survive for a week or two outside the body, then it makes sense there would be a greater chance it could survive beyond EOT for those on the 8week regimen.

Offline chino1969

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 04:30:39 pm »
Does anyone have any clinical evidence that swapping razors and toothbrushes, while on treatment, is worthwhile?  It's funny that you bring this up because I recently though the same thing.

Offline BubbaT

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 09:57:35 pm »
Roger, send me the link to the coupon guy!    Lol

I need a 100 razors too.

Age 57 male
Infected late 70's
Diagnosed 95
1a, 2 prev biopsy 95, 2004
Ct 2007, 2015
Treatment Naive
F4 A3. Fibrosure/ CT 2-5-15. Ammonia 222
VL 2.2 mil.
Started Harvoni  3-3-15. 12weeks, finished 5-26-15
4 week VL undetected
12 week EOT undetected

Offline rgr

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 10:25:57 pm »
Roger, send me the link to the coupon guy!    Lol

I need a 100 razors too.
Ha! BubbaT
 Sure wish I could but SHE is keeping the rest of her stash!.  They are Bic razors but they are only good for one shave. I have nicked myself with these razors more than I have my entire life of shaving! I have exactly one more month to go on treatment and I'm buying a new one after its over. There is a pretty good buy on razors at dollarshaveclub.com. I'm not promoting them. I have never used one of their razors......Roger
Geno> 1a, Stage 3 fibrosis, Started 12 week Tx January 2015, VL 15 Million.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.