Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2024, 10:47:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55133
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 288
  • Online Ever: 3061
  • (September 25, 2024, 11:40:40 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 186
Total: 186

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 8 week ended on Harvoni, and Undetected  (Read 14403 times)

Offline chaser

• We are all damaged in our own exquisite way, no?
8 week ended on Harvoni, and Undetected
« on: April 23, 2015, 11:38:40 am »
I was undetected at 4 weeks and just got the call that I am undetected at 8 weeks! I had a regular bloodwork checkup the day after my viral BW and that came back as all normal. First since being diagnosed that did not have elevated liver functions. So now I go to talk to my GI in a week and go from there. I am very humbled and feeling very good. My fatigue is still there, and some joint pain from time to time. Slight brain fog, but I try to take everything into consideration. I just turned 64 and all in all have good health. I report this because I was lurking here for years reading about success and failure even before Harvoni became available. I was sitting across from my doctor about to undergo the Interferon with I forget what else when my heart said no. I had heard of something new on the horizon and thankfully I got my chance to try it. My mantra has always been "So far, so good." This has been. Now I know that another 12 to 24 weeks need to go by clear to be considered cured. But I will be back to report hopefully great news. To all those who have fought this and are fighting it, best of luck. So far, so good. My virus was, and I sure hope it stays past tense, Genotype 1 with a 6 million viral load. Treatment naive and no scarring detected by biopsy and sound. I had this in me for decades. There is a brighter day. There is hope and I do wish you all find it.

Offline Makena

Re: 8 week ended on Harvoni, and Undetected
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 12:03:37 pm »
It is good to hear that you made it.  I am at day 6, have morning fatigue but doing okay in the afternoons.  I work 5 days a week in Dry Cleaners and the hard work seems to make me feel better.  I get home most nights at 7:30 so I take my pill at 7:30 give or take a few minutes.  I have had HCV for long time, but not sure how long?  I am TX naive, <6 mill copies, and hopeful like all to go SVR!  I'm in for 8 weeks as well and getting first BW on 5/15 so see GI doc 20Th will post stats then.  Will be wonderful to see all HCV free HIV too...   ::)

Offline chaser

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 10:03:22 pm »
Makena you just continue to walk forward. Sounds like you are close in prognosis as I was. In the greater scheme of things, I think this price is fair. I am not yet considered "cured". In my mind I have not made it yet. I will not allow myself to think such until some more time goes by. So far, so good. You just take whatever shuteye you can get at any time. Drink plenty of water. I did not take much OTC pills for much of anything. Aleve and baby aspirin, but that is me. I took my Harvoni at 630=730 AM every morning with at least 10 OZ water. 10 or 16 oz of water upon awakening is a good thing regardless. There is a day after tomorrow. Grab it. So far, so good. Best wishes!

Offline Bituman

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 08:30:34 am »
Great post Chaser, congrats on your success!  Really like your mantra, "so far so good."  That fits many of us afflicted with HCV.  My story is similar to yours. I was able to wait 8 years for a more tolerable treatment because I was blessed with a liver that remained largely undamaged, even after 40 years of infection.  I was likewise blessed to be asymptomatic of HCV.  Every annual checkup for 8 years: so far so good! 

All the best.

Bob
Age = 59, male, infected likely 1975
DX 07/07 GT 1a
Biopsy 2007:  GR 1, stage 0, HAI = 2/18
Since 2007:  1.48 MM < VL < 11 MM, avg = 5.64 MM
IL28B=CT
1/26/15, AST=43, ALT=55, VL=3.59 MM
2/5 Start Harvoni 12 weeks; Treat naive
2/20 AST=29, ALT=24, VL=59
3/6 AST=29, ALT=25, VL<15
3/19 AST=24, ALT=22, VL=undet
4/3 AST=29, ALT=25, VL=undet
4/30 EOT, AST=22, ALT=20, VL=undet
5/29 EOT+4, AST=20, ALT=19, VL=undet SVR
7/24 EOT+12, AST=23, ALT=18, VL=undet SVR
10/16 EOT+24, AST=22, ALT=17, VL=undet SVR

Offline chaser

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 10:41:42 am »
Bituman that is great to hear! As I lurked here for years I was privy to some happy endings ans some tears. Thankfully in my wait for that light to break the horizon did not lead to any more damage. My infection could have came from a number of incidents and I'll bet I had this in me for over 40 years. I was terrified of the previous treatments but I knew that each year that passed only made the odds better that I could be compromised with something else and the Hep C would be a complication. At 64 I am still in good health and i made my mind up that if I could be accepted for Harvoni I would do it. I am glad I did. So far, so good. Now if spring would only show up.....have a great summer and I will be back. Find things to be happy about and be thankful of the small things. Good luck all!

Offline Makena

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 09:25:15 am »
Chaser, when will you get info, regarding SVR?  I have read it is about 24 weeks?  I have a question.  Do you feel the 12 weeks would make a difference?  Due to my ultra-S, and below 6 mil copies- TX naive my doc felt 8 weeks was going to do it.  As you say "In your mind", I was wondering if that is because you don't want to get your hopes up and then crash and burn if things don't go clear?  We are all basically trial and first on the Harvoni?  Any way I am getting ready to go work... sleepy but two days off after today. ;D:  How are you feeling?  I have not felt this good in many ways feel more awake than 15-20 years ago.  Have a daughter 19 w/ autism who is lovely so I want to be here with her.  Trying to drink the water, so far so good.  I am staying positive for all of us...This is a hard ride.  But, hey, guess that's why we are on this path.  Yo Ho off I go.  Bee Well, and thank you for getting in touch.  I will get back when I am more awake.  Makena' 8)   Just want to add, Summer will be sooo nice here in the desert, we live in a little house in the middle of the Nevada no-where, but it has a magic all its own, I find nature very very healing.  We are by Pyramid Lake and a few hours away from the Black Rock Desert.   Love this place.  Enyoy the day.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 09:31:42 am by Makena »

Offline chaser

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 09:32:32 pm »
I go this upcoming Wednesday to probably set up the next blood work and go from there. I have not really been in any communication with my liaison at the GI since starting treatment. They told me I was perfect for 8 weeks and I trust them. They told me they would know by 4 weeks if it was going to work. I was undetected at 4 weeks. I do not like to think that it's all over untill the doctors tell me. Of course I do not want to count my chickens before they hatch. My reality is so far so good. Yes we all are on the edge of this treatment. Groundbreaking and holding great promise. Yes I know exactly what you mean by saying feeling good in many ways. I too felt better at times both mentally and physically than I could recall. It felt as if a veil had lifted. I still have a sleepy lazy feel to most of my days. I sleep less. I wake up earlier. My aches and pains seem to be waning. Your part of the world sounds very nice. You will be there for your child. This is a good journey for folks who have lived with something most folks never knew existed us included. Be well!

Offline Makena

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 01:22:26 pm »
Chaser, I am working hard to stay in with meditation.  I will defiantly put in all my love and hopes for all of us.  Also will be thinking very positive for your Wed. BW!!!  I am on day 8 of TX today, it's my day off and so my girl and I are going to concoct a chicken soup with fresh veggies and get ahold of some fresh lemons.  Well hit Trader Joes in town and then head back.  Work was difficult with some folks being cranky.  Trying to download all negative energy.  So glad to hear you stats so far.  Sounds like you and I have twin GI and effects from the monster!  ;).  Well please keep in touch.  So very excited and smiling for your success so far.  Walking the path one moment at a time.  Got lucky with the little place in the middle of no-where, here in Nevada.  My Dad left me enough to get a place.  First time not in an apartment.  Born and raised in S. F. .  But loving the Desert now.  Bee Well  8)

Offline chaser

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 04:48:41 pm »
Met with my GI and the staff was very excited for me today. My PA is very sweet and was very upbeat about my undetected status. Me, being who I am, will just refrain from getting too giddy. 3 months and 6 months from now, two more blood draws and then I will know for sure. My staff was pretty confident, and I am too. I've held worlds in my hands and before I could close my fingers around them they slipped away. I will stay humble and know that the road ahead for a vast amount of people should only become easier. For you too Makena. My experience with Harvoni has been a positive one. For what was the down side to it, if that is the tradeoff, I'll take that anyday. 56 pills went by quickly. I've never really looked at time as an enemy. The days are what they will be. It's up to us to seize them. Sometimes the days slipping by is a blessing. The tiredness that came with me was not overpowering. Just a bit dopey and lazy feeling. But I do not have to perform for anyone, or work at a job. I've had my short times, where I was wound up, fragile almost. But the sun is shining and the night awaits. Grab tomorrow Makena. It's there for the taking. I'll be around from time to time to check in. Be well.

Offline Makena

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2015, 10:52:14 pm »
Hey Chaser, super happy for you.  Time to just take it one step at a time from here I guess.  I am day 13 as of the pill I just took.  Work is good for me, I am feeling some mild TX, like aching in upper Rt quad.  and heat at times.  I am thinking I need to push the water and just flow with the current while my body heals.  I have never eaten healthier in my life.  This is a good teacher of how precious health is!  I am truly happy for you.  Hold that joy close to your heart and keep on smiling.  Makena  :D

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.