Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 05:45:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55130
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 158
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 49
Total: 49

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Not off drugs while on sovaldi/ribivirin treatment  (Read 5998 times)

Offline Scared worried wife

Not off drugs while on sovaldi/ribivirin treatment
« on: August 19, 2015, 11:29:21 pm »
Scared to death.  I just found out my husband was using meth the entire time he was on his treatment!!! I'm truly pissed and also very scared.  He acted absolutely crazy, but when reading all the side effects I thought it was the medication, little did I know he was smoking each day of his treatment.  I just can't imagine first using in the first place, but after saying for years he wanted the virus gone I truly believed he was serious about getting well.  I feel so stupid and also very worried. Is there anyone else who is this stupid to not quit before treatment and what was the outcome.  I don't have any blood work or his liver panels, yet.  The dr. told the pharmacy at 16 weeks instead of 24 that the treatment was complete. So with that I assumed he was healed little did I know!!!  I'm blown away that he could be that messed up in the head that he could and would ever do something like this when he had a second chance at life to be healed....so very sad!!! He's being sent to rehab but it's not just that, I wanted him well so he and I will not have to worry about his liver anymore, now it's worse than I could imagine!!!!

Offline Scoutdoy

Re: Not off drugs while on sovaldi/ribivirin treatment
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 12:42:29 am »
Did they stop the treatment because of the meth?
F/49yrs
Genotype 1a
infected 1987-tatoo/military?
Diagnosed 2007
Biopsy F-0
vl 13,900,000
AST 23
ALT 19
Harvoni Treatment 7/27/2015
4 week lab --<12 negative...AST 23 ALT 15
6 week lab -- Undetected.....AST 17 ALT 10
8 week lab---undetected.......AST15 Alt 10
12 week lab---UNDETECTED....AST 15 ALT 9
12 week EOT--1/13/2016----UNDETECTED!
24 week EOT ----UNDETECTED  --AST 18 ALT 12
I AM FREE!

Offline gnatcatcher

Re: Not off drugs while on sovaldi/ribivirin treatment
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 02:57:53 am »
. . . Is there anyone else who is this stupid to not quit before treatment and what was the outcome. . . .
Dear Scared worried wife,
   Your husband may have wanted to quit before treatment, but meth addiction is so extremely powerful that it can override his desire to quit. Here's a link to a clear, short, informative article about meth addiction and treatment: http://www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/methnet/fightmeth/treatment.html#known
   If you would like the support and companionship of people who truly understand what you are going through, look into Nar-Anon (http://www.nar-anon.org), which is for spouses, other family members, and friends of addicts. If there isn't a meeting near where you live, see if there's an Al-Anon group in your area (http://www.al-anon.org), because it probably also includes people with family members who are narcotics abusers. I have a friend whose adult son has problems with drugs as well as alcohol, and she has found Al-Anon extremely helpful.
   Best wishes to you and your husband.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 06:30:43 am by gnatcatcher »
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
VL still UNDETECTED (SVR 102)
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.