Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 14, 2024, 06:21:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55130
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 197
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 78
Total: 78

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Finally got Fibroscan - help interpreting results??  (Read 10888 times)

Offline Pelham123

• Genotype 2 - Tx Sovaldi/Riba
Finally got Fibroscan - help interpreting results??
« on: September 16, 2014, 08:03:01 am »
Do you have any idea what these numbers mean?  As always I'm eternally in awe of your wisdom and experience. 

I got a Fibroscan yesterday (the hardest part was finding parking) :)

The lab technician pointed to two numbers.  One was on the left of the screen in BIG GReen fluorescent color --  5.6

The other was smaller and on right.  It was 27.  She said the doctors focus on these two numbers and that 27 seemed to be ok as long as it wasn't 30.  She did it 10 times and sometimes the number did get to 33 and 31, but the average was 27.    The full interpretation she said I'd have to get from the doctor.

Well, I'm my Doctors first patient with a fibroscan.  So, ....... Help?  Please.

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: Finally got Fibroscan - help interpreting results??
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 06:57:13 pm »
Hi - When will you hear from your doc? Without seeing the #'s on a report, I wouldn't know where to begin. For instance, if it is 5.6 kpa, that's good, but out of context, I don't know what it means. Please post results.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline Pelham123

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 08:13:44 pm »
I might not get a physical copy of the results for a week.  But, when I do, I'll post it.  Thank you. 

Offline rainbowray

• Gen 1B
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 09:53:30 pm »
If the total average is under 8ka it is good, 11ka is fibrosis with no cirrhosis, 14ka
average or higher is probably stage 4. By average it is the total average of 10-15 shots the test registers. The average should be on the actual printout.
When I did my test, I asked for a copy before I left the office and received it.
But then again I am overly assertive and I insist it be that way for me.

Offline Pelham123

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 07:17:19 am »
They told me when I made the appointment that the results would be sent to my Doctor, they wouldn't give them to me.  My guess?  This is the only place in Michigan that has a Fibroscan.  They were probably being asked, by patients, to explain the results.  Just a guess.

Unfortunately, my doctor has no experience with this technology, so I'm probably going to have to wait for someone to explain it to him.  It might be a while.

The number was 5.6 so I'm fairly confident, based on your feedback, that  my liver is in good shape.  Now, if I can just  reach SVR!

Offline Tess1971

• G2b, 12wk Sov/Riba, End 11/15/14 UD, SVR-5,14 & 32-UD
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 03:53:38 pm »
Reaching SVR is my aim....................I sure hope that having a high viral load and having it for decades does not hinder this.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.