Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 08:49:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55130
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 164
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 37
Total: 37

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Latest recommendations for labs to have during treatment  (Read 13311 times)

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Latest recommendations for labs to have during treatment
« on: September 25, 2014, 01:51:47 pm »
Recommended monitoring during antiviral therapy: http://hcvguidelines.org/full-report/monitoring-patients-who-are-starting-hepatitis-c-treatment-are-treatment-or-have

CBC count, creatinine level, calculated GFR, and hepatic function panel are recommended every 4 weeks during antiviral therapy. TSH is recommended every 12 weeks for patients on IFN. More frequent assessment for drug-related toxic effects (eg, CBC count for patients receiving RBV) is recommended as clinically indicated.

Quantitative HCV viral load testing is recommended after 4 weeks of therapy, at the end of treatment, and at 12 weeks following completion of therapy.

NOTE: Quantitative HCV viral load monitoring at 4 weeks is recommended, but discontinuation of treatment because this test result is missing is NOT recommended.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
Re: Latest recommendations for labs to have during treatment
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 02:26:25 pm »
THANKYOU LUCINDA, I am sure I got all of that down but I will staple that info on my head with the rest of my stuff[wowww, I never thought about this,,but maybe THAT IS why I am having more HEADACHES,, ill have to get some rubber tipped stapels] and you my girl look LOVELY on that front cover of the fall issue!  and no you don't need to be airbrushed or anything of that nature,[lets go for newsweek, whatya say? im serious, this WORLD needs to hear your story and all the peoples in the background doing all the other hard work[I love twinkies too mike] I have told my friends [well, friend, I kinda isolate lol] how this lady named Lucinda can re wire your house and draw blood at the same time and if your wife is getting ready to  have a baby and you don't think this would be a good time for messing around with HIGH VOLTAGE,,''Don't worry my friend, she delivers baby's on the side and if your wife is freaking out she can tell her what NOT to do!   one more thing MRS. PORTER  do you think there is a chance your magazine would have a spot for a blog[like that old guy use to do at the end of sixty minutes]  called ''Willie G's'' thoughts for the month? just give me a shot guys and gals, just think of the RATINGS,,, I could tone it down a little and get a proof reader[as long as we always aren't always telling the proof, or is that truth, well you know what I mean,,,, we can call it ON THE LIGHT SIDE OF HEPC,  well think about it. im easy[but iaint no trash] and ill work just for the experience so when I venture out to other venues lol  oh boy,,,,  ''PS, I tried your recipe with the black beans and stuff, it was great, I had to add just a little touch of something, yup,LIVER, hey FREDO thought it would be good and it was fresh from his farm and remember he thinks its good for your liver,,,'' just one more thing,, ''will you give me a heads up if you folks are thinking about giving me a PINK SLIP , on the forum? my dogs and I would appreciate that especially SHED,, oh and I changed his name to GENO because he is definitely got a VIRAL LOAD! [how can he eat his own s??? and  then have the nerve to want to cuddle and kiss me? heck I thought the smell was from me with these new meds and brain fog,,,,   later

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 03:05:31 pm »
Willie - your spirit is infectious! I love being infected with joy. Thank you!
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline willie g

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 03:12:36 pm »
I don't know about that Lucinda, I read ALL the posts today and I see I have been very inappropriate at times,, my humor as I see is not thought out out as it should  after reading  dawns and others posts I am sure my comments were of no help,,, poor poor people   what was I thinking

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 03:46:59 pm »
Seriously - even that made me laugh!
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline willie g

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 04:30:36 pm »
well that's good to hear,, sometimes other peoples pain you really do feel and it makes you stop and realize how lucky you are, sometimes I just get get going and there is no turning it off,,, oh well so im not getting a PINK SLIP so that's cool lol   '''just'' willie g

Offline Pelham123

• Genotype 2 - Tx Sovaldi/Riba
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 08:37:55 am »
Thank you for the post, Lucinda.  My creatinine has not been monitored while on Sovaldi / Ribavirin.  It was BEFORE treatment.  Since Sovaldi literature says it elevates bilirubin and creatinine,  I was surprised.  I will call and ask for them to add it on my next blood draw. 

This article doesn't say anything about having a 6 month after treatment test for HCV and viral load.  I thought that was the gold standard for declaring SVR?

Offline sunrise

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 08:50:49 am »
Good morning everyone
         Well im finally going to start my S/O treatment next week.
Can't believe it's time to rid myself of this dragon. My Dr recommends my bloodwork to be done every 2 weeks. Thank you all for your insight in how things will or could go. Viral load 5 mil. Geno 1a had it 23 yrs. I think I am one of the lucky ones as I am now just having inflammation. My ast and alt. just above normal. What a wonderful thing this new treatment is! We live in a grounbreaking era for treatment. I hope this works. I will keep you up on progress. Much love sunrise :-)

Offline sunrise

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 10:51:41 am »
Oh one question. Hi Lucinda. I was just curious. With that new article on tjr new Gilead onr pill combo being safer on the liver. Will the S/O combo be more detrimental on the liver? Thank you for your response. :)You are an inspiration

Offline willie g

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 10:50:07 pm »
HEY SUNRISE[beautiful nickname,, but as far as sunshine goes that has been a tough one for me in the lat 11 weeks lol  my meds. I am on, one side effect is to stay out of sun, and OF COURSE this has been the sunniest summer I have ever seen where I live ha ha] oh well I was undetected at 6 weeks into treatment so I am a lucky guy, and in a few more weeks they will be calling me ''SUNNY BOY''  again besides all the other WONDERFUL names I have accumulated over the years, lol   so welcome,, if you happen to catch any of my posts you will see I have a DRY since of humor,, oh boyyyy, get ready and please never take any defense over it and in many cases please do not try to figure it out,,,lol   welcome  ''just Willie g  with a case of hep c

Offline sunrise

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 12:06:57 am »
Hey Willie g
         Thanks for the response! Yeah im alittle nervous about the sun as I have to work in the Mornings and need to be and see sharp. Really hoping its possible. Im thinking of finding tinted reading glasses for work. Im so happy to hear you are doing well on tx. 6 down 6 to go!!!
I will probably start next weekend as I still dont have the meds til this week. Although im am so grateful to have gotten the meds. How about nausea?  Ive read that with Olysio you do need to eat with it as it helps to work better and less nausea. I read you were have some constipation.  I think I will drink my smoothie with coconut oil and chia seeds thats helps things get moving chuga chuga :). Let me know what else you think about side effects.  It will really help. Thanks Willie g

Offline sunrise

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 03:53:51 am »
I meant 11 down 1 to go. My bad counting whoops sorry Willie g

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 11:18:11 am »
Hi Sunrise - hoping you saw my response on the other thread. If not, post this again.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline willie g

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 06:39:03 pm »
HEY SUNRISE,, I just popped my meds and now I have 9 days to go  and symptoms come and go thru treatment,, you have to try and stay away from depression which you do get from, the ideawatch the sun , am I going to be able to do this,, what will people think.can I go to this function or that one [which you try to talk yourself out of doing but don't cause that causes more sad feelings etc. etc.do you know what im trying to say?? the head game can be worse than the physical side effects,, so don't isolate but on the other hand if you feel wiped out ,take naps here and there. I was very fortunate because I am retired, but if you work  you will have to still keep good balance,, sometimes I wish I had worked, [sometimes lol] because if you follow the same old routine everyday and you don't stay positive that's when that balance goes and you start wondering is it my head contributing to this feeling write now or IS y body really that bad,, you do get occasional headaches but they are intensified with the sun, the worrying etc. SO the things you CAN control and give yourself a little push[this forum definitely helps  people are great!] when possible it does work..  BIG is to eat healthy, drink plenty of good liquids[no booze of anykind, unless you want to be in a boat with a small leak and you don't have any oars,, it WILL hurt your treatment, your blood readings  and you will just hate that you did it in the end. I see a few who say  booze   no problem I am not an alcoholic!   but if you like a cocktail once or twice a week  and that has been your lifestyle  and that's fine but this is 12 weeks.. it goes by quick but it is still 12 weeks... you have to be honest with yourself first and dr. 2nd..  have a few sweets  but not ALOT. why? because this combo till you adjust your sleep pattern is here and there  and I HAVE  ate 3 or four jelly doughnuts on one sit in before bed and that's just plain stupid.  sugar sugar sugar  will keep your EYES open and your well being off.  hey,, it has been cool that I changed my eating habits to good because now I will definitely be trying to do that after. I do feel better from healthy food and drinks and good snacks during the day ,,no BIG meals so that has been a big plus for me..there, that's enough,,, I just tossed some thoughts an ideas[off the cuff] around and I hope your treatment goes well and I'm praying for you right now,, 'just  Willie g

Offline sunrise

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 12:21:57 am »
Hi Willie g
      Well I took my 1st dose and I thank you for your good words. I dont drink alcohol so that is not an issue. I did get a bit of troubling news though. I went for a followup mammogram and ultrasound.  Now they want an MRI. Just praying its not serious. Geez it sure seems when it rains it pourz.cliche I know, but so true.  I do so appreciate the adviceand best of luck with your end rrsults of treatment.  I do hope ypu have SVR forever!

Offline willie g

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 01:18:59 am »
THANKS SUNRISE,, sorry to hear about mammogram(where'd   they come up with that name? Maybe it's suppose to be MOMOGROAN,Any one ever pinched my boob that hard I'd send them to the moon with a BIG pinch on their ass!  ANYWAY i am praying for you right now! HEY did you mention. To Dr. Knows best(ha ha) and PEOPLE giving MRI Because of these meds? Please check it out (seriously) you dont want to walk out of there with three boobs ,,hell two's enough and hopefully if that did happen hopefully it will be just the boob in the MIDDLE that glows in the dark! HEY, you may have more boys wantin to court you me love(put that Irish accent in there when you read it My Darlin. "Just" Willie g

Offline sunrise

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 08:13:01 am »
Oh my darrrlin, oh my darrrlin♣yeah I better look into that. Thank you for your prayers, it does help to see that people really do care. Right now I just want to focus on getting treatment,  and getting better. This is really a cog in the wheel for sure. Well Willie g just 8 to go! I have 83 lol. Have a great day. I will be sure to wear sun block and cover up. Again thanks...

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.