Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 08, 2024, 12:18:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55130
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 48
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 52
Total: 52

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: ON HARVONI  (Read 15798 times)

Offline johnsshutts

ON HARVONI
« on: November 27, 2014, 05:05:07 am »
I took my first miracle pill harvoni at 4PM yesterday. Feeling a little brain fog, a bit achy, and a little tired. All and all, not bad at all. I can deal with this for 84 days. I will be cured of this deadly, and terrible disease. A lot of us have been waiting 10 years or more to be cured. A lot of you are still waiting, and I am so sorry for all of you. I want all of us too be cured. I wish all of you and your families a very Happy Thanksgiving. God bless each and everyone of you.

Offline johnsshutts

Re: ON HARVONI
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 05:20:37 am »
VA doctor has me doing the series of 3 hep b shots again. I did them over 10 years ago. I guess it is better to be safe. Anyone else what too do them again?

Offline johnsshutts

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 06:59:07 am »
Thank you everyone. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your beautiful families. God bless each and everyone of you.

Offline BattleTheBeast

• Female, 57 - SVR12 as of 7/23/15!!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 07:47:01 am »
Thank you everyone. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your beautiful families. God bless each and everyone of you.

Hi John,

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! I'm so so happy your Meds arrived as promised and you are on your way to the cure finally!! I'm still in awe of your strength to be public and vocal about your Hep C, you help make me brave too!

~Mel~
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 02:07:15 am by BattleTheBeast »
~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,
Week 4 VL <15 AST 20 - ALT 27 Bili .9
Week 9 - switched to Harvoni VL UD!! AST 20 ALT 19

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
SVR 12 is 7/23/15 ACHIEVED!!! 
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline JillLynn

• contracted 1973/ peg/rib 1999 & 2004/on harvoni
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 09:38:48 am »
John.  I thought once we did the preventative Hep A and B we were good for life?  So I don't know anything about doing the series of shots again. God bless you too.......and happy Thanksgiving.....so glad you got the harvoni.   2004 was the last time I did PEG+RIB....and yes this is a God-sent.     We all know for 3-6 months WE CAN DO ANYTHING to cure our bodies of this!!   what a joy that will be to be virus free once and for all!  WE ARE ALL ON  OUR WAY!

Offline Bucky

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 10:09:10 am »
VA doctor has me doing the series of 3 hep b shots again. I did them over 10 years ago. I guess it is better to be safe. Anyone else what too do them again?
Hi John,
No. I still have protection verified through blood work. I had mine 20 years ago but I did get vaccinated for HepA several years ago and still have protection from it as well. I do remember having flu like symptoms from the B vaccine. I also have had the prevnar13 vaccine as well.
Happy Thanksgiving,
Bucky   
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 10:19:21 am by Bucky »
I HAVE SLAYED THE DRAGON.....CURED SVR24!

Offline HCVsince1984

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 12:53:21 am »
I just got my Harvoni Rx today and took my first pill, about 1-2 hrs before bedtime. I am hoping to feel "normal" in the morning.  I have probably had Hep C since 1984.  I have never had an physical symptoms. (I feel very fortunate!). I am 56 years old and in great health. I exercise very regularly, eat healthy, don't smoke, drink minimally, and do not take illicit drugs. I have a lot of energy.

Over the years I have had numerous liver biopsies, ultrasounds, and other tests that reveal minimal scarring. I'd guess I am F0 or F1. I will ask my doc. I also have no idea what my viral load is but I will find out. Both of these terms are new to me since I began reading this forum.). For reference I take the following meds: Omeprozole (Pepcid) 40mg daily for GERD, Lescol, a Statin to keep my cholesterol in check, and Sotolol because I have occasional atrial fibrillation. (After HCV I'd say atrial fibrillation is my next biggest health concern.). I also take Omega 3, Aspirin and a twice daily multi vitamin.

About 20 Years ago I did a 6 month course of interferon (NOT with riboviron) and I did not respond.  13 years ago I took the interferon/riboviron combo for 1-2 days. It wiped me out, and my 4th child was born on day 2 of my taking the drugs so as I was needed to help with our kids I stopped after 1-2 days. I have been waiting for the no-side-effect miracle cure ever since. So here I am, starting Harvoni!

Even though I am HCV symptom-less I want to be free of the Hep C virus as I believe it can rear its ugly head and become destructive to me. Also being HCV a free if will not risk infecting others.  I want to post my experiences on this forum if sharing my experience will help others. Feel free to reach out to me for any reason.

Offline johnsshutts

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 09:18:01 am »
HARVINI: Day 3, All and all, feeling pretty darn good. Only a little bit of a slight headache. only a few times. Just a slight achy, not much. A little tired here and there. A little brain foggy. The only other meds I have taken in three days are a multivitamin +50 and a baby aspirin. I had indigestion almost every night before I started Harvoni. I took Zantac 150, and 2 Antacid tablets, almost every night, around 1AM. Hardly no indigestion now. I also had a lot of pain in my legs at night, no leg pain now. I am drinking around 6 bottles of water a day, and eating whatever I feel like eating, normal appetite. I want too take as little medication as I can while on Harvoni. I so want too be cured this time around. Over 10 years too wait for a miracle cure is a long time for a lot of us. You all have a great day.

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 09:39:06 am »
HARVINI: Day 3, All and all, feeling pretty darn good. Only a little bit of a slight headache. only a few times. Just a slight achy, not much. A little tired here and there. A little brain foggy. The only other meds I have taken in three days are a multivitamin +50 and a baby aspirin. I had indigestion almost every night before I started Harvoni. I took Zantac 150, and 2 Antacid tablets, almost every night, around 1AM. Hardly no indigestion now. I also had a lot of pain in my legs at night, no leg pain now. I am drinking around 6 bottles of water a day, and eating whatever I feel like eating, normal appetite. I want too take as little medication as I can while on Harvoni. I so want too be cured this time around. Over 10 years too wait for a miracle cure is a long time for a lot of us. You all have a great day.

Hi John,

Good to hear you are doing well, be cautious with the Zantac and antacids while you are on the "cure" . Documented that we need to have our normal stomach acids when we take it. It's better for you to take it opposite of the Harvoni e.g. harvoni AM, Antacid 6. pm/

~Mel~
~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline HCVsince1984

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 09:42:47 am »
I noticed you said you are drinking a ton of water. Of course drinking water is good but is there a particular reason to drink lots of water while on Harvoni?

BTW here I am, morning after taking my first Harvoni pill. Woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep. I feel slightly anxious, dry mouth, no aches or fogginess but my heart was beating harder and faster than normal. I do have a history of atrial fibrillation and take Sotolol for that. I hope it's not a drug interaction issue. Anyhow my heart rate went back down.

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2014, 09:50:30 am »
Hi HCVsince,

There is a great little DB you can check for interactions:

http://www.hep-druginteractions.org/interactions.aspx

You shouldn't mess around with anything Heart related!

~Mel~
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline HCVsince1984

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2014, 09:58:55 am »
Very cool. Easy to use. Thanks. It said "no interactions expected". Somewhat relieving. I think I just need to be on Harvoni a few days and when I see there are no side effects I will believe.

Any comment on the lots of water concept?

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2014, 10:24:21 am »
I am on the S/O Combo so can't say anything for Harvoni but someone told me in the clinicals they all were supposed to drink at least 64 ounces a day. It's recommended anyway without being on meds and it's good for you!

Actually once you get in the habit you want it all the time.
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline mikeyman

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2014, 12:03:11 pm »
Congrats John. It's about time you got approved. Well done!  Day 19 for me and I just ordered my second bottle.  5 more bottles to go. So far so good! There is hope for us all!
Peace
MikeyMan

Offline HCVsince1984

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2014, 11:07:26 am »
Took 2nd Harvoni pill around 9pm last night. Woke up today feeling totally normal, a lot better than yesterday. Could it be that it only took 1 day for my system to accept this new drug? For that I will be very grateful!

Offline ma snart

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2014, 05:46:04 pm »
Day 9 for my wife Helen on Harvoni, some small SE, nausea being the worst.
We took a small trip on Thursday and returned Friday night, she has been sleeping a lot since, we did go to hospital for lab work at noon today, I thought we were just getting cbc, but they ran all of the 5 test, so we may get some results and see if any progress has been made on the 8.5million viral load, we also did not have an updated ALT AST?? result. All in all not a bad first week.
We have Cigna and insurance was quite easy to get approved just an updated viral load was all that was requested.
Happy Thanksgiving to all
Snart
Helen 54 yr old female
Geno 1B since 84 from transfusion
started Harvoni on 11-22-14 with 8.5 million viral
After 8 days 933 viral and normal AST and ALT
Week 10 viral load  UNDETECTED
Week 17    detected 19
Week 18    detected 21
Week 20    UNDETECTED   Doctor did prescribe Ribavirin, but have not taken it yet as we are thinking that weeks 17,18 had to have been mishandled.
All other test have shown normal levels.
Week 21 results  on Tuesday 4-21
Week 4 post Harvoni 24 week plan UNDETECTED!!

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2014, 01:40:02 am »
Happy to hear the Snart family is doing well! Thanks for sharing and let us know how the results go, my two week result when I started S/O was Ast/alt both down to 27 I think and my VL was < 20 from 8.3 million, miracles are in the air!!
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline HCVsince1984

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2014, 08:57:56 am »
Monday was day 3 on Harvoni.  Back to work after the long Thanksgiving break.  I woke up feeling good with one exception.  Something we amiss in the bowel department. (Sorry if this is TMI). As it turns out, throughout the day I had diarrhea.  Could have been the drug, could have been something I ate.  I'd also say I wasn't feeling 100% myself. Today is day 4. I have taken 4 pills (always around 9pm). My guess is I am still adjusting to a new drug in my system. 

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.