Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2024, 04:40:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55130
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 205
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 87
Total: 87

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just took first Sovaldi/Olysio dose  (Read 8288 times)

Offline Troy992

• What doesn't kill me, only makes me stronger.
Just took first Sovaldi/Olysio dose
« on: February 14, 2015, 11:30:14 am »
Well,here we go.. ;D

Just took first Sovaldi/Olysio dose today at 8:30am. So far so good. I guess watching the clock and looking in the mirror every ten minutes is not such a good thing at this point.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's learning to dance in the rain.

HCV+ 1989
Geno 1a
VL - 16 million
Started Olysio/Sovaldi 02/14/2015

Offline Dragondy

• Try hard, never give up...
Re: Just took first Sovaldi/Olysio dose
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 11:18:53 pm »
I'm 2 weeks in, zero side effects unless you count feeling better than I have in years. I hope you have the same response!

Offline Vintag54

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 11:35:14 pm »
Troy,

This is way better than interferon/Ribavirin. I've been on for 9 days and like others feel much better regarding fatigue and mental awareness.

Experienced headache on/off, increased appetite, tingling in skin with a little itching, sensitive to sunlight (where sun block and hat sun glasses).

Drink plenty of water and rest. Exercises in moderation.

Best of luck,

Bob
Warm Thanks, Vintag54

HCV over 30 yrs.
64 yrs
Genotype 1a
Viral load in orbit.
3.5 mos of interferon/rabavirin
2/5/2015 on Sovaldi/Olysio

Offline LisaMarie

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 06:42:53 am »
Troy, good luck and I feel ya brother.I am getting my meds, Sovaldi/Ribov Tuesday Feb 24. Will start friday and am a mental train wreck ! This forum is my only support besides the half a**  support from a 21 yr old son and 31 year old bf. I only minimize their support because they are so practical about it and do not at all relate to my fears of the side effects, as well as lifestyle change, oh and the fact that I'm a private person who is in the medical field and have not shared with my boss and coworkers. I'm hoping I get my mind right and that my fears turn out to be wrong! Having said that, I have a question.  I am a 3 a with F4 fibrosis. I have a relatively low viral load, 950,000 couple months ago, but was not offered the Olysium. Bob and Troy, is that med an option for me? Should I be asking my Dr for it? I want to succeed!  I am not a good med taker, it is a running joke around my household that I don't take meds due to side effects. I also drink on weekends socially so this will be a big lifestyle change too. Thank you all for any advice and support. I read these posts and end up praying for people on here. Wish I could go to an island for the next 6 months. Sorry to sound like a whine bag. Lol. I'm going to be 50 next month.... I need to act like it, I know...
Thanks again, I'm rooting for you all!  :D
Lisa
LisaMarie
GT 3a
Tx: Sovaldi, Ribavirin 800 mg
Started 24 week tx April 5, 2015
EOT 9/19/15

Offline Troy992

• What doesn't kill me, only makes me stronger.
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 10:59:41 am »
LisaMarie I'm one week in and I feel great with only side effects being mild headache and very, very hungry. I could usually fight through the hunger pains until lunch or dinner but not lately. I have just been working and staying busy to keep my mind off the side effects. As far as the medicines and what you should be taking is all greek to me, I'm just doing what my Doctor says. Thanks for the support and I'll update my progress. Hope all goes well for everyone else also.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 11:03:14 am by Troy992 »
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's learning to dance in the rain.

HCV+ 1989
Geno 1a
VL - 16 million
Started Olysio/Sovaldi 02/14/2015

Offline LisaMarie

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 09:55:31 am »
Troy,
Thank you so much for telling me how your first week went. I still haven't started, meds don't arrive until Tuesday the 24th, but trying to get my head straight, aleviate fears as best I can, before I start. Your comment gives me a positive boost that it won't be as terrible as I've made it out to be. I've made myself a list if goals, as well as notes of what Dr suggests, and use this site for other tips. Dr's don't take this tx, and, believe it or not I work for a Gastrointestinal dr for the past 3 years! I choose to go to Baylor and use a Dr who's been a part of my family's and friends treats for last several years. I am a private person for the most part, but mostly I just need to be able to go to work to FORGET I'm on meds, not go to work and be treated for Hepatitis.... hope that makes sense, and although my doc is very good at what he does, I know how many we treat here, and it's very few. Also a rural area with many low income folks and I know the back office comments that get made. I choose to not be one of them. I may end up changing my mind, but only if it becomes obvious I am not myself at work. I hope you can keep me updated, also wonder why you are not on Ribovarin?
Good Luck, be blessed in your journey.
Lisa
LisaMarie
GT 3a
EOT 9/19/15

Offline LisaMarie

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 10:13:23 am »
And I apologize, I read back over your comment, and i see you said you will keep us updated. I'm just learning how to work this site.
-Lisa
LisaMarie
GT 3a
EOT 9/19/15

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 02:46:22 am »
Hi Lisa and welcome

Per the prescribing information for Olysio

"INDICATIONS AND USAGE
OLYSIO® is a hepatitis C virus (HCV) NS3/4A protease inhibitor indicated for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C (CHC) genotype 1 infection as a component of a combination antiviral treatment regimen."

So Olysio is only for genotype 1 patients

Per the American Association for the study of liver diseases (AASLD) Recommendations for Testing, Managing, and Treating Hepatitis C

Initial Treatment Box. Summary of Recommendations for Patients Who are Initiating Therapy for HCV Infection by HCV Genotype

Recommended regimen for treatment-naive patients with HCV genotype 3 infection.

Daily sofosbuvir (400 mg) and weight-based RBV (1000 mg [<75 kg] to 1200 mg [>75 kg]) for 24 weeks is recommended for treatment-naive patients with HCV genotype 3 infection.

http://www.hcvguidelines.org/full-report/initial-treatment-box-summary-recommendations-patients-who-are-initiating-therapy-hcv

So if that is your treatment that is the recommended treatment for GT 3

Alternative regimens for treatment-naive patients with HCV genotype 3 infection.

Daily sofosbuvir (400 mg) and weight-based RBV (1000 mg [<75 kg] to 1200 mg [>75 kg]) plus weekly PEG-IFN for 12 weeks is an acceptable regimen for IFN-eligible, treatment-naive patients with HCV genotype 3 infection.

Good luck on treatment

« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 02:51:11 am by Lynn K »
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

Offline LisaMarie

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 02:32:20 pm »
Lynn,
Thanks so much for your reply, yes that is my tx, Sovaldi and Ribo with the weekly labs for G3.
LisaMarie
GT 3a
EOT 9/19/15

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.