Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2024, 10:56:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55133
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 288
  • Online Ever: 3061
  • (September 25, 2024, 11:40:40 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 190
Total: 190

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Restless feet post treatment  (Read 8700 times)

Offline Francis60

Restless feet post treatment
« on: May 20, 2015, 10:52:34 am »
Just finished 6 months RIBA/solvaldi and am having a lot of trouble sleeping due to tingling and restless feet. I have to get up and walk around to calm it down. Has anyone else experienced these problems?
Cheers

Offline CE

• Genotype 3. Sovaldi & Ribavirin 24 weeks.
Re: Restless feet post treatment
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 06:58:55 pm »
Hello my friend! So sorry to hear you are having trouble sleeping. I don't have any feet problems, but I am still not sleeping well. I wake frequently. I also still get random itching. But my biggest problem is my hair. It is thinning like crazy! It's almost like aftershock! I hope it stops soon. One good thing that is happening is my skin has plumped back up. The dry, crepey skin is gone. And I am not quite as tired. The doctor said it would take several months for the ribavirin to clear out. Such toxic stuff! I don't know about you, but I have a hard time thinking positively about the virus being gone. It seems like it's always in the back of my mind that it will come back. Is it just me, or do others feel the same?
I used to have restless legs years ago. I found using a body pillow between my knees while laying on my side, holding my legs in a more comfortable parallel position helped.
Crazy how everyone emerges with such random problems.  I go in July for my first post treatment blood work. I will be a nervous wreck! I DO hope we all get cured.
I continue to pray for all. I think of you often, and hope you feel better. Take care.
Blessings and best wishes ---Chris
Chris :)
Diagnosed July 2014
Genotype 3
Viral load of 950,000
Most likely from blood transfusion in 1978
Treatment started November 2014
Sovaldi and Ribavirin for 24 weeks
End of treatment April 2015
SVR12 July 2015!!!!!!
SVR24 October 2015!!!!!
Cured!!!! Praise the Lord!!

Offline sapphire101

• "Stop worrying and start living"
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 11:43:14 pm »
I was told one to two months for total clearance of ribavirin. Been off treatment over one week now and much better already. Still get the twitchy legs in the evening, much less of the creepy-crawlies on my skin, still very dry skin though.

The insomnia test will come when I completely wean myself off my nightly Benadryl. Down to only 12.5 mg now and I will go to every other night at the end of the month.

Good news: Fatigue has almost completely left the building. I am at about 90% power and it feels wonderful to have my get up and go back.

You both were on a much longer treatment regimen than I was (12 weeks for me) which probably accounts for more symptoms and longer time to clear it all out. My post treatment labs are due in August and yes I will be ridiculous over the top nervous between the draw and the results. A long week of waiting for sure. Probably get a few new grey hairs!!

My strategy for mental health survival is to compartmentalize the stress and only allow it to take me over for that one week in August.
From now til then I will seek joy and peace and keep the faith. 

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 11:52:59 pm by sapphire101 »
Sapphire101
Genotype 1a Fibrosis level 1
Viekira Pak with ribavirin 12 weeks
Pre treatment  VL  1.7 million, AST 45 ALT 65
EOT VL not detected, AST 21 ALT 21
12 week SVR not detected,24 week SVR not detected.
Cured! Class of 2015

Offline Francis60

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 11:03:11 am »
Hi Chris,
Lovely to hear from you, the feet twitching seems to have calmed down, I started taking magnesium I think it is helping,I can relate to the sleeping although it is getting better.
I try to be positive but the reality is I am not so you are not alone their.  Did you have your 4 week EOT bloods done? Or are they just going to test you at 12 weeks?
Sorry to hear about your hair, I have heard that will change maybe all part of the detox.
Take care Chris we are nearly their:)

Offline KC

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 11:18:26 pm »
I am on week 9 and have had a lot of feet and leg problems. Not sure why but if sure disrupts my sleep. Also, I'm very worried about this virus coming back, if it even goes away.... Yikes!
p.s. I do think that magnesium does help!

2/16/15                                     
2/16/15     VL:  3,577,985           
AST:  81  ALT: 94
Fibrosis: F1 - F2
3/18/15:  Began Harvoni  (12 week treatment)
4/16/15: VL "UNDETECTED" <15
ALT: 29   AST: 30
14 weeks post TX UNDETECTED
23 weeks UNDETECTED

Age 59
DX early 90's

KC

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.