Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 10:25:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55133
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 231
  • Online Ever: 3061
  • (September 25, 2024, 11:40:40 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 167
Total: 167

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just Over Two Weeks In - Harvoni  (Read 10481 times)

Offline waitingforrain

Just Over Two Weeks In - Harvoni
« on: April 29, 2015, 11:11:53 am »
Hello everyone,

Well, I'm just over two weeks into my Harvoni treatments and so far so good.  My two week labs came back saying my viral load was "15", down from a few million.  AST/ALT are 18 and 19 down from around 35'ish on average.  I'll be undergoing twelve weeks since I'm a two time loser lol.  Riba/Interf around 2009, and Riba/Interf/Incv early 2012, if I recall correctly.  Early treatments worked for a month or two and then my viral load would creep back up so it was discontinued twice.  I have mild scarring after fifteen years living with the bug.

Harvoni has been very easy to take which is very nice.  I've had "flare ups", for the lack of a better term a time or two after taking Harvoni.  Basically, it seemed to intensify these nagging feelings/symptoms I've had on and off since the Riba/Interf/Incv failure a couple years back.  Just over two weeks in, and those "flare ups" are going away or are very mild.  My mind feels clearer and what I mean by that is things like multitasking, concentration and abstract thought are definitely improving.  I just never really bounced back 100% after that second round of treatment but I'm definitely feeling better each day.  Anyway... 

I'm thankful for this site.  Great info and a great place to see other folks' stories.

Have a great day!

Offline sabre

Re: Just Over Two Weeks In - Harvoni
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 12:44:10 pm »
Hi there,

Looks like you're doing well, in terms of the VL drop. Congrats on that. I'm treatment naive up to this point, so I can't speak to the lingering symptoms regarding your prior exposure to the toxins your body has had to endure.

I'm into the 5th week of Harvoni and feel pretty good. I do have kidney issues brought on by 35 years of HCV, so it's hard to tell if some of the minor fatigue is attributed to that as opposed to Harvoni.

My diet got turned on its ear because of the kidney issues as well which I'm sure contributes to some of my fatigue. I'm on a low sodium. low potassium, and low protein diet which is a challenge. I've had a healthy diet for quite some time, but it included enough protein to make me feel human.

Overall, Harvoni is an easy ride for me and I'm very thankful to be on these meds.

Best wishes to you on your third trip.

Infected 1980 / Diagnosed 2008
GT 1 / Treatment naive / VL 190,000
Biopsy 2008: stage 0 grade 1
Fibroscan 2015: F2 mild fibrosis
Chronic kidney disease (due to HCV) / Proteinuria

12 weeks Harvoni began on 03/28/2015
End of treatment: 06/19/2015
Labs on 06/17/2015: Undetected
Labs on 09/21/2015: Undetected (SVR12)

Offline waitingforrain

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 04:23:48 pm »
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles.  I think we will defeat HCV though. 

Hoping for the best for us all!

Offline atomic dog

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 10:47:37 pm »
waitingforrain, sounds like those test results are great and your way to a cure.
Infected 1969, dirty needle
Geno 1a
Stage 2 fib, some necrosis
TX naive
1/29/15 ALT61; AST43
2/16/15 Started Harvoni; VL 1.5 m;
2/19/15 ALT40; AST24
2/29/15 ALT29; AST25
3/9/15 ALT28; AST25; 
3/9/15 < 20 IU/mL (3 wks) HCV RNA remains 'detected'
3/24/15 ALT30; AST25;
3/24/15 <20 IU/mL (5 wks) HCV RNA
4/10/15 <20 IU/ml (7 weeks) HCV RNA
4/20/15 ALT36; AST27
4/20/15 UND
5/11/15 UND (EOT); ALT33; AST25
6/11/15 UND; ALT 34; AST 29
8/14/15 UND
11/15/15 SVR, 24-wk EOT

Offline rockee

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 09:19:28 am »
Third time is the charm or something like that right? Hope you can continue on with Harvoni.  I would like to know if you can describe your flair ups a bit.  I start Harvoni today and am curious about all side effects.  I plan on taking coffee enema and juicing to rid my body of the left over bad stuff and help it heal.

Offline waitingforrain

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 05:02:33 pm »
Thanks, Atomic Dog!  If everything goes as planned the trend will continue :)

Rockee, I have off an on feelings of crashing (not normal tiredness) in the evenings but I'm also restless at the same time.  If I'm able to sleep when I feel this way for thirty minutes I've accomplished something and I feel refreshed for a while.  It's a bit of a struggle, man.

Also, my mind just feels off.  My nerves feel over stimulated and I just have a general feeling of not feeling well.  It's about the only way I can describe it.  I really don't know if these symptoms are HCV related or not and not some food allergy or who knows what.  HCV to my knowledge is the only thing that wrong with me.  Kidney function tests all look just fine and I only have minimal-mild scarring of the liver. 

I work out four days a week doing Jiu Jitsu and I eat fairly well.  Lots of vegs, water, fruit, and chicken.  With all this I still have days of this happening to me and Harvoni a time or two kinda intensified these symptoms.  Off an on of course.

Hoping for the best for you with your treatment!   

Offline rockee

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 05:22:02 pm »
sounds like those feelings are from the virus to me.  I have some of those feelings too.  What time of day do you take your Harvoni?

Offline waitingforrain

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 05:36:53 pm »
I take my dose around 8-9 pm. I feel that I can minimize side effects, when they arise if I take the meds at night.  I think it's helped to sleep through what I can. 

Offline waitingforrain

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 08:34:46 pm »
How goes the treatment Rockee?

Offline rockee

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 09:05:14 pm »
Thanks for asking, so far its seems okay, I decided to take the pill at night like you and I really believe I slept better. Only on day two but I am optimistic.  How goes it with you?

Offline waitingforrain

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2015, 01:14:05 am »
Everything is going along just fine, thanks for asking.  We are on our way to healthier a future.

Offline Wood stove

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 08:28:55 pm »
Hi Waitingforrain the best of luck with your treatment,I know how I felt I also went through a failed peg-inter/rib 48wk knock the stuffing out of you year. That lasted a lot longer then a 1yr for the side effects to diminish.  I'm on day 6 of Harvoni ,which honestly have been a bit of a struggle( brought back some bad memories). But today I feel pretty good so hopefully it will continue to improve .
 Stay positive and drink lots of water. Joe

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.