Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 01:27:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55130
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 60
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 57
Total: 57

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: simeprevir and sofosbuvir started today mr. kim  (Read 10927 times)

Offline mrkim

simeprevir and sofosbuvir started today mr. kim
« on: June 12, 2014, 07:47:58 pm »
Hi it's Mr. Kim again.
Well after a long wait the meds came in and I took the first dose of each today. Since I have a serious mental health disorder I was nervous about the side affects that these meds might have on me. Since I have only taken the first dose the jury is still way out on if these meds will affect my mental health or not. I can tell you what I did experience with these meds. Shortly after taking them I felt a bit of what I call medicine head, slightly light headed. After a bit the medicine head became a little headache. After a few hours I got a sore throat that did not last very long. I had to run out for awhile and felt okay. When my wife came home from work we took our two dogs for a little walk and then went out for dinner. I still feel a bit weird but not very bad. Well I'll keep you posted and thanks for all your helpful tips.
Mr. Kim

Offline Mike

Re: simeprevir and sofosbuvir started today mr. kim
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 09:28:11 pm »
Best wishes, Mr. Kim,

The treatment will go really quick and the whole community is pulling for you!

The side effects should be very manageable, and before you know it, you'll be virus free.

Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline mrkim

Re: simeprevir and sofosbuvir mr. kim
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 11:20:38 am »
Mike
Thanks for the kind words. Today, day two, I feel nothing unusual at all. I hope it continues this way.
Mr. Kim

Offline Evil Santa

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 11:32:19 am »
Hi Mr Kim, I am on my 7th day of the same treatment. I had very mild headaches the first couple days. Not much out of the ordinary now. Able to eat normally, no mood swings, I love it. Compared to the treatment in 1999 this is a cake walk. Can't wait to get my blood work done and hear that Undetectable!!!

Offline Evil Santa

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 12:42:39 pm »
I guess I should add I have been a little itchy. Plus I didn't get constipated but my stool definitely got  firmer, Still regular as clockwork though. Still very early but my body seems to be handling it very well...

Offline aderooy

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 10:22:08 am »
Im waiting to get approved on medicare/hmo. Im a cashier at a busy walmart and hoping I can work along with taking the meds. I'm going to give it my all. I totally depend on this forum to see and witness what other are going through.

Offline mrkim

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 01:32:53 pm »
aderooy
If the side affects for you as they are for me you will be able to work. Are you keeping in touch with the folks at Medicare, if not I would say you should. you need to eat with one of the meds which I do not like to do since I have problems with eating early in the morning. Here is how I do it. I eat a piece of toast before the meds and a piece after the meds. I think this is good enough as you do not need to eat a huge meal with the meds. Ask the other folks on the forum and get some feedback from them.
Mr. Kim

Offline aderooy

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 09:43:00 am »
Thanks for the information it will be three weeks this Friday my doctor submitted the request to Medicare and then I have a HMO so I'm waiting to hear and then I suppose I contact both drug companies for co pay. I hope you are still doing well and continue to do well. Please keep me posted on your progress. I work only about 27-30 hrs. a week but I'm a cashier at a busy store so I work hard when I'm there. Im so looking forward to this treatment I did a drug trial back in 2011 for 6 months that worked for 6 months plus 1 month after I discontinued the meds and then the disease returned. I have 5 grandchildren and just want this gone. Keep me posted and good luck.

Offline mrkim

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 12:22:26 pm »
Hi
Aderooy, keep the faith, you will get the meds. It took me awhile before I got them, about a month or so. Nice to hear that someone else has lots of grandchildren too. I have nine of them. My son has eight and my daughter has one, lots of fun to visit them. Today is the first week for me and I have hardly have any side effects. Hence I said you will be able to work if the side effects for you are as they are for me. How long have you had the virus? forty years for me so I'm a bit nervous the years may stop the meds from working. We will see. Blood work for me next week then the dr. appointment the next week.
Mr. Kim

Offline aderooy

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2015, 09:51:33 am »
I finished O ;lysio and solvoldi April 19 had my three month check up and totally clear of this disease. Treatment is very easy as long as you follow instructions especially with sun and water. At the end of the treatment it becomes a little difficult because you feel as though you have a lot of these drugs in your body and we probably do. I worked full time and felt great all through treatment. I got a lotof sleep more than I normally do. As of now I finally feel great. good luck you will be fine, its such a blessing to have this treatment and not have to live with the disease.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.