Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:25:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55130
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 277
  • Online Ever: 3061
  • (September 25, 2024, 11:40:40 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 192
Total: 192

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Post treatment blues  (Read 9311 times)

Offline robert98

Post treatment blues
« on: November 10, 2016, 05:06:38 pm »
Hello everyone:
My 12 week post treatment labs came back UD so it looks like I a cured. My problem is that I feel tired all the time and have serious brain fog. I didn't feel like this when I had Hep c. Are there any suggestions?

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
Re: Post treatment blues
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 08:21:48 pm »
Hi Robert. Congrats on your SVR12!

Post-treatment can be a slow and variable road back to good health for many of us. I think it would be a good idea to ask your doctor for a complete blood test, and any other tests your doctor can think of that could account for fatigue and brain fog.

And if anything is out of range, continue to repeat that test until things normalize. Also, look for causes for any blood elements being out of range. I had quite a bit out of range post-treatment, although nothing was out of range pre-treatment.

Beyond that, I think whatever you can do with good diet, positive attitude and moderate exercise every single day will keep you headed in the right direction, even though the journey may appear slow.

kim :)

Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline slats1056

• SVR to all and to all a good life!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 03:57:05 pm »
Robert,
  Get plenty of rest and exercise! But don't push it to hard. Check for Vitamin and minerals out of range or deficient. Try to eat a well rounded balanced diet of moderate proportions. About all treat Yourself often. Relax and enjoy life (read that as try not to stress!). Balancing everything is the key. If You take care of Yourself , things will begin to return to normal before long. It has been a little over a year since My EOT and I feel I am just now achieving homeostasis . I had a rougher time during treatment than most. Post treatment was pretty rough as well. But keep Your chin up and keep chipping away! Congratulations on Your SVR12! Welcome to the club. Try not to break a leg though. Right Kim? LMFAO ;) ::) :)

FINANCIAL RUIN FROM MEDICAL BILLS IS ALMOST EXCLUSIVELY AN AMERICAN DISEASE! ;D
73 non ab 98 hep c refused pegint/riba
6-15 Gen.1b 1/2 MIL ALT72 AST37 No cirrhosis
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks
10-14-15 EOT VIRAL LOAD NON-DET  
12-30-15 EOT+12 VIRAL LOAD NON DET  SVR12            8-9-18 HCV LOAD 1.02IU/ml AST22  ALT30 RELAPSE?
9-18-18 confirmed gt 1b relapse
10-16-18 approved 16 weeks Mavyret

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 04:07:35 pm »
Try not to break a leg though. Right Kim? LMFAO ;) ::) :)

Hahaha! :D Yeah, don't follow my example, Robert. No need to go and break your ankle just when things are finally starting to look up. ;)

kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline JoeB

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 05:48:20 pm »
These are strong drugs and will probably take a few months to feel some semblance of normal. Hopefully when your body has adapted to the new virus-free situation you will feel good.
Infected for 33 years with Geno 3
Fibroscan 2015 - 6.2
July '15 - Dec '15 Inf/Riba
June '16  SVR

Offline morab

• Lives in the woods
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 04:57:52 pm »
Hello everyone:
My 12 week post treatment labs came back UD so it looks like I a cured. My problem is that I feel tired all the time and have serious brain fog. I didn't feel like this when I had Hep c. Are there any suggestions?
My PCP had me to purchase an organic Ashwagandha herbal supplement. It helps boost the immune system, also giving a little extra energy. I take it every day and feel good benefits from taking it.
I still have a daily Harvoni head ache and nausea among other things, but not as bad as on tx.
I am hoping we all see light at the end of this tunnel and come out with these side effects leaving us soon.
Feeling hopeful eating aspirin like m&m's
morab
3/2016 G 1a
Alt 84
Ast 62
Fibrosis score lab 0.66
quantitation 894,670
4/23/16 day 6, naive Harvoni 12 week treatment
5/27/16 week 4 lab results UNDETECTED AST 23 ALT17

Offline robert98

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 12:26:38 am »
Thank you all for your advice. I have started drinking protein shakes and taking vitamins. It helps but I still have bags under my eyes. I guess it is going to take time. God bless you all...

Offline Karin

• Hi Glad to meet all of you
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 06:55:04 pm »
Hello, i posted on another site about ache and pains but i will post here too. I finished my treatment 5 weeks ago and am feeling horrible!!!!! :'( What is strange is that during my 12 weeks of treatment i had barely any problems, so i figured i was gonna just go on and live happily ever after. WRONG.i have been through Cancer, and treatment lived with hep c and went through treatment, but this is awful. Am i ALONE?? did anyone have no problems with tx but sick after???
genotype 1a
fibroscan f3
diagnosed April 2016
Began Harvoni July 19th 2016
4week blood test today Aug 16 2016
Negative for virus on 4 week check
finished Harvoni Oct 11tth 2016

Offline morab

• Lives in the woods
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 06:46:56 pm »
Hello, i posted on another site about ache and pains but i will post here too. I finished my treatment 5 weeks ago and am feeling horrible!!!!! :'( What is strange is that during my 12 weeks of treatment i had barely any problems, so i figured i was gonna just go on and live happily ever after. WRONG.i have been through Cancer, and treatment lived with hep c and went through treatment, but this is awful. Am i ALONE?? did anyone have no problems with tx but sick after???
Karin
You are not alone, I felt better for awhile but now my daily head ache has become intense along with the joint and muscle pain in my feet and hands.
I so rarely had a head ache pre tx that I am debilitated by what is going on with my head ache and brain fog I am dealing with now. I am barely able to come back to this site to post.
Good luck but no you are not alone in your post treatment issues
Morab
3/2016 G 1a
Alt 84
Ast 62
Fibrosis score lab 0.66
quantitation 894,670
4/23/16 day 6, naive Harvoni 12 week treatment
5/27/16 week 4 lab results UNDETECTED AST 23 ALT17

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.