Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:56:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 61
Total: 61

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Third time may be the charm this time - Finished 12 weeks of Vosevi!  (Read 1055 times)

Offline opaleye

Looks like I am the lone 2024 poster on this post-treatment board, but more people being cured now is a very good thing  :)

I just got my EOT labs results in..... drum roll please.... HVC Not Detected!!!!

My hopes for a cure are high because this is the first time I have seen that result. With my past two treatments (Harvoni and Mavyret) it was < 15 Undetectable.

So, just need to keep those positive vibes going for the next three months to reach that ultimate prize, Sustained Virological Response!

As for post-treatment side-effects, I'm tired but don't have the deep fatigue like when I was on the anti-viral medicine. My digestion is still a bit off but getting better. I've had some chronic headaches but I'm not sure if that is from Springtime pollens or from adjusting to not having the medicine in my system.

But the best news is that I have my brain back. The fog has lifted!

My best to whoever is still out there reading this board.
1982 Dx Non-A Non-B infection
1998 Dx HVC genotype 1a; VL < 1 Million; Liver Biopsy F0 A0
2006 Liver Biopsy F1 A1
2015 Harvoni Tx 8 wks: 15 wks post-EOT: VL ~670,000 -- Relapsed
2018 Mavyret Tx 16 wks: VL 90 at 12 wks, dr stopped Tx per VL detected, severe fatigue, dizziness (a month later got pacemaker for bradycardia)
2021 Liver biopsy: No fibrosis
2023-12-14 Started Vosevi: Hemocrit 48.8, platlets 133, ALP 141, AST 91, ALT 75, VL 1824750
2024-03-14 EOT Not Detected!

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
  • Contracted Hep C in 76, treated 2004 & 2012, cured
Re: Third time may be the charm this time - Finished 12 weeks of Vosevi!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2024, 11:59:39 am »
AWESOME News! What a "Long and winding Road!" Keep getting stronger and let us know when the checkered flag is waved and you are 'Not Detected' at treatment end plus 90 days!

Many will read about your journey, your determination, and ultimately your success in slaying the dragon!

Can't wait for that post from you!

Best wishes,
jack

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.