Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:32:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 91
Total: 91

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: OK I'm done  (Read 12816 times)

Offline Monkey

OK I'm done
« on: June 28, 2012, 05:11:57 pm »
the "ribavirin rash" has forced me to stop my treatments 2 weeks early.  I was told I was still a good candidate for "sustained response" because I cleared so quickly at 30 days..............

can't wait to feel normal again,

will I go through withdrawal like an addict????

Offline Ann

• Global Moderator
Re: OK I'm done
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 11:02:49 am »
Monkey, no, you will not go through withdrawal.

You should start feeling noticeably better within days, and certainly within a week. Good luck!

Ann

Offline nikcen3000

• short. skinny. painted.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 07:27:26 pm »
Congratulations, Cathy!
i'm starting my 9th week tomorrow. The itch is something that I complain about on a daily basis.

I wanted to let you know that I saw your blog before I started treatment. I've been following since. Its been reassuring to read about someone else going through the same thing as me, and its especially interesting to read AS things have progressed in your treatment.

I've decided to do the same.

My blog is completely anonymous, but I'm willing to share with everyone:
www.fragilebirdgirl.wordpress.com

Offline iana5252

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 09:55:04 am »
Well done Cathy!

For those that missed it, Cathy blogged throughout her treatment. You can catch up here... http://blogs.hepmag.com/cathyjohnson/
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 10:41:31 pm by iana5252 »

Offline bella

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 10:47:23 pm »
Congratulations, Cathy!!!  I'm happy for you that you are finally done with the treatment.  My hubby had to stop two weeks early too and his doctor told him the same thing.  He goes back for his 3 month check in August...we're keeping our fingers crossed until then.

You should definitely expect to start feeling better almost right away.  Its only a month since he stopped treatment us and I can't believe how much better my hubby is.  He's working everyday, and his energy is back - he has even more than he did before he got sick last fall!  I'm hoping it will be the same for you. 

nikcen - good luck with your treatments!  Hubby had a lot of itching too.  It was worse at night for him.  We never did find any topical treatments that were really effective, but a nice soak in an oatmeal bath helped some.  The doctor has some drugs that work for some people, so if you haven't told your Dr. about it you might consider it. 

Bella

Offline Monkey

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 10:27:50 pm »
thanks for all the good wishes, I'm feeling stronger, better, working with some weights to get my muscle mass back.

JUST DISCOVERED SOMETHING I WISH I DISCOVERED MONTHS AGO FOR THE RIBAVIRIN RASH:

Hot bath, as hot as you can stand the water, add baby oil and soak until you are slimy, relief for minimum 24 hours, repeat...............LOL, I'm happy camper now

Offline Monkey

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 08:32:54 pm »
Sorry I haven't been around for a while, so much to do now that I am better.  I can climb stairs now without stopping for a rest and my last blood test came back
AOK!!

Next test 30 December.............good luck everyone................the end result is worth six months of pain.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.