Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:59:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 157
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 108
Total: 108

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Can I give Hep C to another after two negative results?  (Read 12869 times)

Offline Slag eve

Can I give Hep C to another after two negative results?
« on: December 21, 2012, 02:59:03 pm »
I am a female who was put at risk from a man in early June.
I was tested in late August and was negative.
I was with a woman(who is convinced that I put her at risk in late September after testing negative.)

She really was only 'with' me for a few minutes.

I was re tested in early November(cuz it was free and I was already at the doctor) to another negative result.
Subsequently I was with the girl many times after that.

I told the girl about this in December thinking that I was 'confiding' in her what had happened to me during the spring.  Not for fear that I put her at risk.
Well she had been tested and will not speak to me.  I  confident she will be negative. However do you know the risks that I could have possibly put her at?  Female to female transmission after two negatives? 
I have been made to feel as if I am dirty and I actually did out her at risk.
Thanks.

Offline iana5252

• Administrator
Re: Can I give Hep C to another after two negative results?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 05:07:10 pm »
Welcome to the Forums Eve.

If you are negative for hep c antibodies after 12 weeks it is considered conclusive that you don't have hep c. So it sounds like your first test was right on that window while your November test should be conclusive.

Hep C is primarily transmitted via blood. See our Hep C Lesson on Transmission to determine the risk. http://www.hepmag.com/articles/2512_18750.shtml

Offline Slag eve

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 05:23:41 pm »
Thank you for your help and your reply.

I just needed a second opinion.  I would feel terrible if I
thought I put anyone at risk.

Thanks again...

Offline cookie610

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 11:55:00 am »
When did your friend last get tested for hep C? What were her risk factors?

One of the bloggers on this site got hep c from cosmetic tattoos. Did your friend have any?

It sounds like you were very up front with info. It should be a two way street!

Offline Slag eve

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 12:21:09 pm »
Well I have tattoos.  She has none.  And she
she never disclosed when her last test was.
Yes it is a two way street but she seems to make
everything about her. 

I am confident I did not 'transfer' anything to her.
She is one of those selfish and self righteous people.

In fact her behavior would put me at risk more so thane putting her
at risk. 
She seems to think I was tested again because I thought I had a
'False negative'.  It is what it is...
Thanks..

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.