Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:45:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 119
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 79
Total: 79

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: i am not well versed on all this  (Read 11819 times)

Offline acthephiv

• single and happy
i am not well versed on all this
« on: January 18, 2013, 07:21:32 am »
so i was diagnosed back in jan 2012 as being hep c pos, at that time though i did not show any antibodies, the diagnosis came from running a viral load for hep c because of my risk factors... i have been HIV pos since 07,  i don;t know what my genotype is.. my question how important is that piece of the equation in deciding on treatment or delaying treatment. any thoughts.?
acthephiv

Offline iana5252

• Administrator
Re: i am not well versed on all this
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 08:50:47 am »
Welcome to the Hep Forums.

Your genotype is a very important information when it comes time to consider treatment options for your Hepatitis C. Each possible treatment has been tested against the various genotypes and some work better on certain genotypes.

Please visit our Hep Basic on the topic for more information.
(Hepatitis C: The Basics - HCV Genotypic Testing)
https://www.hepmag.com/basics/hepatitis-c-basics/hepatitis-c-testing

Your HIV is another consideration when it comes time to talk treatment. Make sure to discuss both your Hep C and HIV with your doctor

Please visit our Hep Basic on the topic for more information.
(HIV and HCV Coinfection)
https://www.hepmag.com/basics/hepatitis-c-basics/introduction-hiv-hcv-coinfection
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 06:08:40 pm by iana5252 »

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.