Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:46:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 157
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 116
Total: 116

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Do Hep Vaccination really work?  (Read 14710 times)

Offline robbie_d

Do Hep Vaccination really work?
« on: March 17, 2013, 03:18:24 pm »
Hi,

I am new here.

I see people still getting the flu even though they get the flu vaccination every year.
So, i am just wondering if there are any cases of people still getting any Hep diseases even though they were vaccinated with any of the available Hep vaccinations.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening with Hep? And i do mean if a booster shot was given and the vaccine was supposed to protect the person.
Does this happen?

Thanks,
Robbie 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 03:20:20 pm by robbie_d »

Offline hep_mom

Re: Do Hep Vaccination really work?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 02:14:19 pm »
Hi Robbie. Welcome to the Forums.

I was told my boys should be re-vaccinated for Hep A and B when they get older. That is does lose some effectiveness.

I'm not a doctor or anything. Just passing along what I was told.

Offline iana5252

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 01:30:04 pm »
Hi Robbie:

"The HBV vaccine is generally effective for more than 90 percent of adults and children who receive all three doses."

This is from our Hepatitis B prevention Lesson...
http://www.hepmag.com/articles/2511_18749.shtml

"The HAV vaccine is very effective. More than 99 percent of people who are vaccinated develop immunity against the virus and will never get HAV even if they are exposed to it."

This is from our Hepatitis A prevention Lesson...
http://www.hepmag.com/articles/2510_18741.shtml

There is currently no vaccine available for Hepatitis C.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 01:33:25 pm by iana5252 »

Offline mad_adventurer

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 04:32:04 pm »
Immunity gained through vaccination can diminish with time. I had a series of Hep B vaccinations growing up and found out recently at my doctor's that when tested it showed I wasn't immune. I went ahead and got all the shots again.

Offline robbie_d

Re: Do Hep Vaccinations really work?
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 04:29:49 pm »
Hi,

I want to sincerely thank the mod for moving the thread to the appropriate area.

And i wish to thank the people who responded so far. It keeps the thread up front and visible, which is cool.

The question goes out only to the people in question, "Has anyone ever got a Hep disease even though they were already vaccinated and had all their booster shots up to date?"
Just wondering if this happens.

Thanks,
robbie_d

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.