Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:30:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 58
Total: 58

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Blood on new finger and leg cuts  (Read 16381 times)

Offline anonyman

Blood on new finger and leg cuts
« on: July 23, 2013, 10:58:55 pm »
So yesterday I was installing a screen door with my neighbor. He is 67 years old. He cut his finger and got blood on the door. I didn't notice and I got his blood on my fingers, also I got a new cut while helping on my leg and i hope i didn't get his blood on it.

He told me he had hepatitis in 1984, he does not remember what type of Hep he had...

He had yellow eyes and flu like stuff in 1984. He said. He was out of work for 6-8 weeks. What hep does it sound like he has? Also, I got tested today for it, won't know results for 1 week, but it was only 3 days since i touched his blood.

Some people told me I have nothing to worry about, and some people said I do... I am going nuts..

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 11:17:15 am by iana5252 »

Offline iana5252

• Administrator
Re: Blood on new cut and figures
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 09:34:29 am »
Hi Anonyman,

Welcome to the Forums.

A reminder, the information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

In my personal opinion it sounds like there is at least a small chance of transmission here. Although it sounds very slight.

If your neighbor cleared hepatitis earlier in life and still remains free of the virus then he couldn't pass it along to you. I would recommend your neighbor get checked for his own health as HCV can be silent for a long time.

Hepatitis C takes 2 to 3 months to show up in your blood. Here's our Basic on how it is diagnosed.
https://www.hepmag.com/basics/hepatitis-c-basics/hepatitis-c-testing

If you were exposed to hepatitis B there is a good chance you will clear it on your own. Here is more information if you were exposed to HBV.
https://www.hepmag.com/basics/hepatitis-b-basics/hepatitis-b-progression

Let us know how it goes.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 06:04:55 pm by iana5252 »

Offline anonyman

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 09:54:10 am »
Thank you sooo much for the post back!!

I just got my test's back...
I am neg for A,B,C... he said I don't need to come in and recheck it but if it makes me feel better I can come in 2 months..

I am still a tad worried, should I be? Should I stop having sex with my wife for 2 months?

Thanks again, seriously... thank you

Offline iana5252

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 10:21:19 am »
From the Hep Lesson on transmission:

Unlike human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), which causes AIDS, it is generally believed that HCV cannot be transmitted through semen or other genital fluids, unless blood is present. Thus, the risk of becoming infected with HCV through unprotected sexual intercourse is low—but it is still possible. As a result, experts recommend that people infected with HCV practice safer sex using a protective barrier (e.g., condoms), especially during intercourse, as a precaution for their partners.

http://www.hepmag.com/articles/2512_18750.shtml

They key here is hepatitis C is is most easily spread through direct blood-to-blood contact. So I would recommend avoiding rough sex and using condoms for the next couple of months to alleviate your concerns.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.