Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:12:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 138
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 120
Total: 120

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Started Clinical Trial of: Sofosbuvir and Ledipasvir  (Read 16081 times)

Offline TrimKing

Started Clinical Trial of: Sofosbuvir and Ledipasvir
« on: August 06, 2013, 01:48:32 pm »
Just finished an 8 week course of treatment in a Phase 3 trial... virtually no side effects to speak of.
Viral load went from 1/4 million down to less than 25 the first week, then non-detected the 2nd week... as of week 6 still shows undetected.

Anyone else have any info on this treatment?... what are my chances of staying non-detected

Seems way too good to be true

Still need to go in for bloodwork 3 more times until Jan. 2014... hopefully I will get to the SVR status

Offline iana5252

• Administrator
Re: Started Clinical Trial of: Sofosbuvir and Ledipasvir
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 09:43:44 am »
Hi TrimKing,

Thank you for sharing your awesome news. Congrats on the results.

We reported on the phase II trials in March...

Sofosbuvir and Ledipasvir Boast High Cure Rates for Hep C
http://www.hepmag.com/articles/sofosbuvir_PhaseIII_2501_23926.shtml

Was Ribavirin included among your meds? The arm with Ribavirin had 100% at 8 weeks. The arm without had one fail to reach SVR.

Either way it sounds like your chances are good.

Offline TrimKing

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 10:17:12 pm »
Thanks for the response...

I didn't get randomized in the one with Ribavirin. so all I was given was the new combo pill.

I was really blown away with the results... after 10 years of trying anything and everything I could, to just taking 56 pills... doesn't seem right that I would get off so easy...

I must have taken well over a hundred thousand pills these past years, drank tons of teas, and tried I don't know how many other radical things.

Being genotype 1a, I declined treatment several times since 02 and started doing all the natural therapies, etc. I actually had a slight improvement in my biopsies from 2002 to one in 2010... but I was slowly declining in health, and was deciding to just give in and get treatment.

It was like a million pound weight was lifted off me and my family... but now that I'm no longer taking the pills I am really worried that it will return. I sure do hope that I'm not in that 2%.  But this is all so new... who knows what a year will bring.

Offline Me123

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 05:09:56 pm »
Hello TrimKim. Thank you very much for sharing!!

Question: I, like many people, am doing "watchful waiting" and I am curious as to what consisted of your natural therapies? Thanks for your post once again!! Best wishes and congrats!

Offline TrimKing

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 04:19:03 pm »
I started by going with the recommendations from Loyd Wright's website... pretty much did everything he talked about for several years, went thru O3 & vitamin C treatments for a few months. For the last 4-5 years been taking Oxymatrine alongside several items from Wright's suggestions, Also really tried dietary changes.

Offline TrimKing

Re: Started Clinical Trial of: Sofosbuvir and Ledipasvir... UPDATE 02-15-2014
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 08:05:31 am »
Just a note to update... got the final results after the 6 month trial. 

They say I am cured, as I have attained SVR

Been a long road for these last 15 years of knowing I had this disease... still sounds too good to be true. I approved for them to do free blood work once every 6 months for the next 3 years, so time will tell.

Offline iana5252

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 09:35:01 pm »
Well done! And thanks for letting us know.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.