Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:56:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 96
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 80
Total: 80

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What is the baseline viral load?  (Read 11114 times)

Offline roxy209

What is the baseline viral load?
« on: November 05, 2013, 10:24:01 pm »
This is the place to ask questions. You said dual therapy, are you geno 2?  Was one of the triple therapies considered? These first labs will tell a big story, what was your baseline viral load? -jack

Hi, I am Geno 3.  I had labs done on 11/4/13. My results will be in by Friday.  I will inform you of this. What is the baseline viral load?

Offline iana5252

• Administrator
Re: What is the baseline viral load?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 04:03:17 pm »
This is from Hepatitis C: The Basics - How is it diagnosed, and what tests are used? http://www.hepmag.com/articles/2512_18753.shtml

HCV Viral Load Testing: To look for HCV, a health care provider can request a qualitative PCR test to determine whether or not the virus is in a person’s bloodstream. A health care provider can also order a quantitative PCR or bDNA test to check for the presence of HCV and to figure out the person’s HCV viral load (the amount of HCV in a measurement of blood).

The HCV viral load is a very important laboratory test. Though the HCV viral load test cannot determine if or when someone with hepatitis C will develop cirrhosis or liver failure, it can help determine how likely it is someone will respond to treatment. As a rule of thumb, the lower the HCV viral load, the better someone’s chances of responding to HCV treatment.

HCV viral load testing is often used during treatment to determine how well therapy is working.

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
  • Contracted Hep C in 76, treated 2004 & 2012, cured
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 05:24:27 pm »
Yes, the blood test viral count (quantitative) before you start treatment, such that you can see the effect of the drugs over time.  Good luck, and keep us informed! -jack

Offline roxy209

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 06:25:13 pm »
I just seen my doctor.... on the 4 week labs it shows that no virus is detected.  He will do another at 12 weeks

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
  • Contracted Hep C in 76, treated 2004 & 2012, cured
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 01:11:13 am »
Awesome news! You are on the road to 'curetown', keep taking those meds!  Let us know how you are doing. -jack

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.