Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:59:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 102
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 78
Total: 78

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Confused  (Read 8632 times)

Offline angelstarbow

Confused
« on: December 26, 2013, 01:45:27 pm »
I was diagnosed with hep c in Nov 2011. After being hospitalized with high liver enzymes. Said I had hepatitis (inflammed liver) when they admitted me, but didn't know why until later.
I was released and had a liver biopsy performed in Feb 2012. Said my liver was at a level 1. I was also genotyped and found to have hep c 1a. The most common and hardest to treat, or so I was told. Well my doctor in my hometown told me my numbers were too low to treat, and id not need treatment for a while until my levels elevated. Well I was on birth control and ended up getting preg anyway. Followed up with a new Dr in my new town after having my baby. Well this new Dr took some blood and ends up telling me that I had the antibodies, but no longer had hep c. Is this possible? He said the baby must of healed me? I had baby in Nov of 2012. I haven't been back since then, but I'm worried since he didn't do as much lab work as my origional Dr.

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
  • Contracted Hep C in 76, treated 2004 & 2012, cured
Re: Confused
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 02:01:39 pm »
Sounds like congrats may be in order.  Quoting Lucinda from this forum: "20% of men and 40% of women clear hep C on their own in the first 6 mos of the exposure," so you may be one of the fortunate ones.  However, if you are not certain of the quality of the information your doctor is providing you should find out whether a quantitative hep c test was actually done.  If it came back 'not detected', you indeed cured on your own, and can celebrate (not too much).  However, you might wish to examine what activity allowed yourself to be exposed in the 1st place, and make sure to evaluate if you are still doing the same activity.  Hep C comes from blood to blood contact, through needles mostly.  I hope you are indeed cured, and wish you and your young child a Happy New Year.  Good luck, jack
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 02:03:14 pm by jberlin »

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.